Raith Rovers v Dunfermline Athletic

On 30/11/2020 at 19:21, Rovers_Lad said:

Is there a game this week?😂

Not much to discuss with it really, think everyone's in agreement. 

12 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Anyway, the game is getting nearer. Can we get back to slagging each other off or will this be the year we are nice to each other?

Ach it'll all kick off after the game. 

9 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I remember Dunfermline unveiling a giant scarf and parading it the full width of the pitch during half time at a game years ago. f**k knows what that was all about.

I think, that was Marvyn who was trying to break a record for the longest hand knitted scarf? Or something like that. She's an older fan who's raised a ton of money for the club, runs a cafe/shop at the bottom of the main stand.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Ach it'll all kick off after the game. 

After the game? First bad challenge* and it will be bedlam.  

*Iain Davidson 4/5.

25 minutes ago, spot on said:

£14 to watch this weekends game

Fucking typical.  Big team roles into town and prices go up.

31 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

After the game? First bad challenge* and it will be bedlam.  

*Iain Davidson 4/5.

Fucking typical.  Big team roles into town and prices go up.

long term injury.

The club have to put the prices up, in my opinion. Season ticket holders have paid £200, and if we aren't getting to games any time soon, it absolutely can't be the case that it would have worked out cheaper to just purchase the stream every week. 

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

The club have to put the prices up, in my opinion. Season ticket holders have paid £200, and if we aren't getting to games any time soon, it absolutely can't be the case that it would have worked out cheaper to just purchase the stream every week. 

Cool, so you reckon it'll be 14 pound for every game henceforth? 

17 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Share the streams come Saturday folks, fucking money grabbing wee fannies.

If you promise to bring enough paying customers, we'll send you that giant novelty check that Turnbull promised way back.

It’s surely not that uncommon to haves tiered pricing? A lot of teams do it now.

I’d imagine Dunfermline, Hearts and possibly Dundee games will be charged at £14. The rest will remain at £12. As said elsewhere it also adds value to the season ticket if we can’t get in games at any point.

It’s not like we’re only charging that for away fans, it’s the same price for Rovers fans. Don’t get me wrong I’d be annoyed if it was the other way around and may think twice before buying but it’s easily justifiable by the club.

You get what you pay for with the streams, Do you really think that the Pars won’t  be doing exactly the same thing for their bigger home games?

Clubs have to make money or they don’t survive. Live games is taking more money away from home teams revenue so they all have to maximise their cash flow when they can. Still a lot cheaper than it would have been for a live game and you know it will be a good quality presentation 

13 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Cool, so you reckon it'll be 14 pound for every game henceforth? 

I've no idea. The approach to pricing should be flexible depending on how likely getting fans back is.  

We haven't published a standard "gate price", it's been on an ad hoc basis so the club can charge what they like. Wouldn’t bother me one bit if the Pars do the same. 

33 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

No they don’t. I’m a season ticket holder and I’m happy enough for the club to get the money. I don’t want a rebate or anything cause I’m a superfan.

For me, £10 to £12 for punters was about right. More than that seems expensive. 

Folk can argue the toss but the announcement at the start of the season said this:

"Non-Season Ticket Holders will be able to buy a pass to watch tomorrow’s game (anywhere in the world) for £12. This includes the live video, along with audio commentaries. We are only able to offer these within the UK/Ireland as long as COVID19 restrictions are in place. Please note that some games this season may have a different pay-per-view price" - https://www.raithrovers.net/45175/raithtv-pricing-information.htm

So it shouldn't be surprising to people that one of those matches is against Dunfermline!