Raith Rovers v Dunfermline Athletic

On 29/11/2020 at 05:14, DAFC. said:

It isn’t overrated at all. They are class. I prefer Baynes though #controversial

Baynes sausage rolls trump Stephens and Greggs all day, Tim Horton's opened in Dunfermline, surely only a matter of time before Baynes or Stephens open a branch in Toronto

Stephen's need to branch out to the West. It was nice to see Bayne's do it but I need my bridie fix. Bayne's steak bakes are sensational but you just need that little bit of Stephen's magic at times. 

No self-respecting Fifer should ever set foot in a Greggs. Personally I'd always choose Stephens over Baynes, but they're both in a different galaxy to Greggs. 

It's like people who'll get chips from a Blue Lagoon. Have they no respect for themselves? 

The turn that this thread has taken is warming the cockles of my heart, by the way. 

14 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

No self-respecting Fifer should ever set foot in a Greggs. Personally I'd always choose Stephens over Baynes, but they're both in a different galaxy to Greggs. 

It's like people who'll get chips from a Blue Lagoon. Have they no respect for themselves? 

The turn that this thread has taken is warming the cockles of my heart, by the way. 

It’s really a shame pastry and Hollywood star aficionado Poet of the Macabre doesn’t seem to be around to enjoy it.

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

It’s really a shame pastry and Hollywood star aficionado Poet of the Macabre doesn’t seem to be around to enjoy it.

Maybe he’s hooked up with Hayden Panettiere again?

470EF8BD-CC65-4366-BE67-3993921105D4.jpeg

Edited by Scary Bear

27 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Aye Fife does have some good bakers to be fair, and you won't get Mr Blobby cakes at Greggs. I remember working in Templehall and going to Carltons (I think) in the mornings for decent sausage rolls. I also went with my colleagues to The Buccaneer for a (liquid) lunch once, some place. 

Anyway I'm delighted this fixture is back, for me Falkirk isn't a derby, I genuinely don't think I've met a Falkirk fan away from football in my life, but I have quite a few Raith fans as friends and I can not stand losing to them

Edited by Torpar

28 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Anyway I'm delighted this fixture is back, for me Falkirk isn't a derby, I genuinely don't think I've met a Falkirk fan away from football in my life, but I have quite a few Raith fans as friends and I can not stand losing to them

The Falkirk fans on here are bad enough.

1 hour ago, Torpar said:

Baynes sausage rolls trump Stephens and Greggs all day, Tim Horton's opened in Dunfermline, surely only a matter of time before Baynes or Stephens open a branch in Toronto

But it’s not a real Timmies until someone drives a Zamboni through the drive-thru.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

But it’s not a real Timmies until someone drives a Zamboni through the drive-thru.

They could try with the zamboni from Kirkcaldy ice rink but it would most likely breakdown and or lose a wheel. I've seen before occur in the past. 

I,m old enough to remember Pillans the baker (alas no more)who sold the best pies and rolls

Stephens steak bridies are decent but are trumped big time by the Butcher shop in Kinghorn aptly named The Butcher shop and Mimicks on Overcoat Road sell a very good steak bridie and pie as well

Best rolls,Baynes

Edited by Rovers_Lad

I didn't think the Bayne's branches in the West Coast would go with the tradition of Mr Blobby cakes despite Mr Blobby being off the air for about 25 years and most probably molested children but they have done.