Raith Rovers v Dunfermline Athletic

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

A helpful guide though, so thanks, although I'd recommend disabling the chat board for this one!

Any abusive remarks will be deleted and if it continues the viewer will be blocked and £12 kept thank you very much.

Sort of 'You pays your money, you makes your choice'

Edited by Zen Archer Esq.

How many punters have some variation of DAFC as a username with the odd dot thrown in? Seems like a few. Difficult to remember which one is which.

Best one is the guy with evil neighbours. Who may also be the one who is going to bring a gun to work someday and stalk the factory killing workmates.

Edited by Scary Bear

6 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Any abusive remarks will be deleted and if it continues the viewer will be blocked and £12 kept thank you very much.

Sort of 'You pays your money, you makes your choice'

Is there any way to just disable the chat from the viewer side? Got absolutely no intention of looking at it. 

17 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Saw Falky getting sent off for diving a couple of weeks back. Very out of character.

Don't know why they cream themselves at that picture; we won 3 or 4 nil that day I'm sure. 

Anyway, I’m looking forward to the first league fixture between the sides since the Gary F Locke season. No Lewis Vaughan this time so we’ll need to hope someone else can step up to the mark.  Who will that be? Regan Hendry, Dan Armstrong, Manny Duku, a.n. Other?

Wonder if there’s any chance of McGlynn being back for this one since it is 2 weeks away? Apparently turned up to watch at Cowdenbeath so must be getting closer to a return which will be a boost.

On to the game, hopefully we can see a reaction from the Inverness game. Our first real poor 90 minutes of the season but it was a continuation of the drop in standards shown in the second half vs Cowdenbeath.

Need a big performance from Regan Hendry here. He’s been excellent for the most part this season and he is the one who makes us tick. Whether he plays well or not usually dictates whether the team plays well. In our two toughest matches so far, away to Dundee and Inverness he has been poor and we have struggled. He obviously isn’t alone in that but if he is to get the move a player of his quality deserves at the end of the season he needs to consistently perform against the best sides at this level. He dragged us back into the game with his performance the last 20 minutes in the Inverness cup game so he is more than capable.

Only watched the first hour of the Pars game against Hearts but I was impressed. They were well organised and had an excellent work rate as well as flashes of quality going forward. McInroy looked a real player despite being the oldest looking 20 year old I have seen.

Murray and McManus seem stick ons to score. Prediction right now would be 2-1 to the Pars but our home form has been excellent for almost 3 years now and if our key players show up we are definitely capable of getting something. This really should be on TV but excellent news for the club it’s not. 

Edited by R.R.FC

6 hours ago, All-Star-Par said:

Pretty shambolic this wasn't chosen for the telly tbh.

Just out of interest if we get more than 2000 away viewers will you boys finally stick to your word and pay us that cash you promised back in the admin days?

Nah, something such about Administration wiping out debts...didn’t say it was just one way...

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

Wonder if there’s any chance of McGlynn being back for this one since it is 2 weeks away? Apparently turned up to watch at Cowdenbeath so must be getting closer to a return which will be a boost.

On to the game, hopefully we can see a reaction from the Inverness game. Our first real poor 90 minutes of the season but it was a continuation of the drop in standards shown in the second half vs Cowdenbeath.

Need a big performance from Regan Hendry here. He’s been excellent for the most part this season and he is the one who makes us tick. Whether he plays well or not usually dictates whether the team plays well. In our two toughest matches so far, away to Dundee and Inverness he has been poor and we have struggled. He obviously isn’t alone in that but if he is to get the move a player of his quality deserves at the end of the season he needs to consistently perform against the best sides at this level. He dragged us back into the game with his performance the last 20 minutes in the Inverness cup game so he is more than capable.

Only watched the first hour of the Pars game against Hearts but I was impressed. They were well organised and had an excellent work rate as well as flashes of quality going forward. McInroy looked a real player despite being the oldest looking 20 year old I have seen.

Murray and McManus seem stick ons to score. Prediction right now would be 2-1 to the Pars but our home form has been excellent for almost 3 years now and if our key players show up we are definitely capable of getting something. This really should be on TV but excellent news for the club it’s not. 

If JMcG is back for the game, I give us a real chance of some points. Not to slag Smudger, but he hasn’t shown a knack for adjustments.

For that reason I'm actually glad the game is being closed doors because I fear it will be an extremely comfortable away win. 

I’d be majorly surprised if this this turns out to be an extremely comfortable Pars win. We’ve played well, aye, and the Hearts win is very encouraging, but we haven’t exactly blown teams away effortlessly. We went behind against Inverness, the 4-1 win at Alloa was flattering, conceded 2 against Queens and Clyde, whilst nearly losing to the latter. Sounds like we could have played until midnight and still not score against Ayr.

That might sound like I’m being a bit glass-half-empty, but our results thus far don’t point to a comfortable away win against a side who have also had an encouraging few games.

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

What was that red and yellow away strip all about? It’s like an Albion Rovers home top. Overcompensating for the monochrome home top?

A very forgettable strip, I don't think it was awful but it wasn't great either in fairness. 

I'm sure Brian Graham had an absolutely fantastic chance to equalise for nine man Raith at the end. 

Oh to be at a Derby with fans. 

20 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Wild that we got relegated that season and Raith still didn't manage a win against us.

I think even Gary F Locke might have a better derby record than Grant Murray.

That season our record against Cowdenbeath was W0 D3 L1.

Edited by Scary Bear