Raith Rovers v Dunfermline Athletic

41 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Raith won't be the last side this season to become unstuck up in Inverness, Robertson is the best manager at this level imo. A defeat doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things for Raith, the longer Dundee hold onto McPake, and Aye aren't looking great there's every chance Raith can grab a playoff spot. 

I think you're putting too much emphasis on that 3-0 game, from the team that played that day not a single Dunfermline player remains, although Murray will be on the opposition side. A testament to the rebuilding job Craw has done. 

There is definitely something to that, especially since this was the second game in a short period. ICT clearly adapted their strategy to blunt what had been a pretty effective midfield in the Betfred match. Once you’ve played someone you both will adjust and they did it far bettero now we must adjust for the next meeting. I’m wondering if Paul Smith just get a lesson on adjusting that might help him in the future, as we saw JMcG make quick adjustments at the half last season that paid off while we stayed static at the half this time.

Dundee under McPake are a very confusing team, his substitutions are mind boggling. Ayr I’m more concerned about as their form has been decent and they certainly seem to be getting into better shape. If I was to define the league right now it would be:

A) Hearts, Dunfermline

B) Dundee, Ayr, ICT

C) Raith, Morton, Arbroath

D) QoS, Alloa

There’s not a lot between those levels, except Alloa and QoS looking like they may quickly be adrift if something doesn’t change. The most likely to change form is Dundee, but I do wonder about Ayr possibly over or under performing too.

P.S. There’s also the JMcG wildcard, as I’d expect a performance bump when he returns...and we do not yet know when.

Raith won't be the last side this season to become unstuck up in Inverness, Robertson is the best manager at this level imo. A defeat doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things for Raith, the longer Dundee hold onto McPake, and Aye aren't looking great there's every chance Raith can grab a playoff spot. 
I think you're putting too much emphasis on that 3-0 game, from the team that played that day not a single Dunfermline player remains, although Murray will be on the opposition side. A testament to the rebuilding job Craw has done. 

Fair enough, didn’t realise you’d had quite the turnover of players since then you’ve had. I know a lot of our players heading down to Dumfries a few weeks ago were keen to get one over Queens due to how play offs a couple of years ago went, but yeah maybe pretty irrelevant in this case then.

I don’t see us finishing above yourselves, ICT or Hearts and I don’t see McPake being around much longer at Dens. 4th may well be a toss up between a few teams, and yeah, I guess we’ve every chance of sneaking in.

On a related note...Raith TV: http://www.raith.tv

Register early to make it easy and the PPV will be available for purchase on Dec. 3, should be £12.

1) Register early to avoid issues.

2) Login early to avoid a bottleneck.

3) Stream of looping video and music starts about 30 minutes before kickoff to allow you to verify it’s working.

4) Coverage starts with lineups about 10 minutes before kickoff.

5) Some “Smart TV’s” can have buffering and stuttering issues if connected via WiFi. Most computers, tablets and phones do fine.

6) Mute is in hard to see blue bar on the bottom of the active window, as is full screen. Most applications are muted by default.

7) Chat board conversation should be kept family friendly.

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Register early to make it easy and the PPV will be available for purchase on Dec. 3, should be £12.

3) Stream of looping video and music starts about 30 minutes before kickoff to allow you to verify it’s working.

5) Some “Smart TV’s” can have buffering and stuttering issues if connected via WiFi. Most computers, tablets and phones do fine.

6) Mute is in hard to see blue bar on the bottom of the active window, as is full screen. Most applications are muted by default.

This will be the most subscribed game you will have had this season, so hopefully the IT folk over your way are prepared for the huge increase in traffic.

A helpful guide though, so thanks, although I'd recommend disabling the chat board for this one!

Just now, DA Baracus said:

This will be the most subscribed game you will have had this season, so hopefully the IT folk over your way are prepared for the huge increase in traffic.

A helpful guide though, so thanks, although I'd recommend disabling the chat board for this one!

The RaithTV folks are on here, and will see that, but it’s been fine so far. The RaithTV feed has been flawless the last few years and shouldn’t have any problems, other than the people that wait till the last minute complaining.

22 minutes ago, TxRover said:

How’s casting been working? 

All reports on Raith TV have been  positive which is great news.

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

How’s casting been working? 

All reports on Raith TV have been  positive which is great news.

Smart TV’s often have older, un-updated, video or WiFi chips and can stutter or buffer. Casting from phones to TV’s has had varying results. TV connected via a hard line from a laptop or router have generally been solid.

My LG TV, connected via tv’s native web browser, stutters when the chat board updates, so I’m mainly using the iPad to watch, with excellent results. With an iPhone, the chat function doesn’t always work, but otherwise that works fine too.

The picture quality is excellent, look at the highlights packages posted on the Rovers site, and the commentary is pretty fair and neutral. Not sure if they’ve announced the halftime interview, but expect an interview with a player of interest to both teams

I would also add that using anything other than chrome tends to lead to buffering issues on my end but once I switched to chrome raithtv has been flawless.

I reckon on paper between the two sides there's a fantastic team to be had. I don't fancy our chances in this game. We tend to leave gaps at the back with how we play and players like Thomas and Dow will take advantage. In saying that if hendry can leave the Inverness game behind him and get back to his normal self, he has the ability to control the game for the likes of Armstrong, Ross and tait to really feed off of duku and cause problems.

Very interested to see if Murray's hair has moved an inch since he played for us. He is also a massive threat at corners so hopefully we have a plan for that.

23 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Smart TV’s often have older, un-updated, video or WiFi chips and can stutter or buffer. Casting from phones to TV’s has had varying results. TV connected via a hard line from a laptop or router have generally been solid.

My LG TV, connected via tv’s native web browser, stutters when the chat board updates, so I’m mainly using the iPad to watch, with excellent results. With an iPhone, the chat function doesn’t always work, but otherwise that works fine too.

The picture quality is excellent, look at the highlights packages posted on the Rovers site, and the commentary is pretty fair and neutral. Not sure if they’ve announced the halftime interview, but expect an interview with a player of interest to both teams

Stephen Simmons interview incoming.

7 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Is this on TV? 

So let me get this straight.... weekend of 4/5 December and BBC opted to go for QoS v Inverness instead of the Fife derby....... really? Good luck with the viewing figures Beeb. 🤞

Apart from Jamie MacDonald I'm not sure any of our players would be regular starters for Dunfermline. They recruited very well this summer and will finish no worse than 2nd this season. 

For that reason I'm actually glad the game is being closed doors because I fear it will be an extremely comfortable away win. 

11 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Apart from Jamie MacDonald I'm not sure any of our players would be regular starters for Dunfermline. They recruited very well this summer and will finish no worse than 2nd this season. 

For that reason I'm actually glad the game is being closed doors because I fear it will be an extremely comfortable away win. 

You shut up, reverse psychology bs

:lol:

It's not that Dunfermline are world beaters; Fon-Williams was clearly some way down Crawford's shopping list for a goalkeeper in the summer (below Jamie MacDonald, I'd wager) and neither Declan McManus nor Kevin O'Hara are really properly good Championship strikers.

Given he signed him on loan and is an international player, I wouldn’t wager OFW was far down on the list. In fact, he was probably one of Craw’s first targets.

Your statement about McManus and O’Hara is just plain silly. McManus proved with us his first spell and currently this season he is more than capable and O’Hara was 3rd highest goalscorer last season, only behind Shankland and Nisbet.

I think that Cup win is getting to Rovers fans a bit with regards to Crawford. He had only taken over from AJ; it was hardly his team. This season, and in parts last season, he has shown that he can change things and isn’t scared to drop players for the benefit of the team. We actually look like we have a clear idea whatever formation we’re playing to get maximum points. It’s no fluke we’ve won every game this season bar one: we are a very good team for this level.

No idea what to expect at all from Rovers. Ethan Ross and Armstrong were out their depth with us, not that it’s a barometer of how they’ll play. Heard good things about Duku and Hendry. I imagine they’ll be the danger men for Raith.

We haven’t utilised Thomas in full so far this season, bar that Hearts game. I’d be disappointed if we don’t get everything out of him and collect all 3 points tbh. The standards have been set now.

Over a week till the game and its already descended into madness in the match thread.

I fully expect a pars victory but they're not who we are competing with this season. Mid table should be our aim, clear of the bottom, but not quite good enough for the top. I'd be happy enough with that after the past few seasons.

I'm perhaps in the minority of rovers fans, where I want you to win the league. The seethe from hearts fans would be glorious!