Montrose vs Thistle - November 28th

We attacked pretty well today, again though we need to be scoring more goals as we had the chances to do so and there’s always the possibility of throwing away a one goal lead. 
The defence was solid and that’s our third clean sheet in a row. 
Overall a pleasing performance and a good result, need to carry this into Dumbarton at Firhill next week and the following games to gain some momentum.

Edited by R&Y99

My first shot at watching a game this season. Pixellot isn't terrible, but not seeing the whole pitch is a real personal gripe. Not sure I'll do it too often tbh.

Thought Thistle looked a bit more assertive and had a bit more to them throughout their XI. Sena clearly building on from last season, puzzling that Lyons doesn't appear to have and isn't even getting a look. Clumsy goal to lose, but otherwise we looked fine. I think the top 4 is probably too much of an ask, but not too worried about being down at the soup end.

Sooner we're back in LP, the better.

Edited by Scorge

2 hours ago, R&Y99 said:

I know he kept mispronouncing Penrice, but I thought the commentator was good to be fair.

He was quite boring but nowhere near the worst at all. Definitely better than our own Michael Max.

Pretty pleased with the result today, it was a fairly scrappy game and we probably should’ve been a few up at HT, still to find a bit of ruthlessness. Considering the 8 or so out injured, which saw us name only 3 outfield players on the bench for the second week running, then I’ll take any win we can get. Unbeaten in last 4 and 3 clean sheets is pretty decent, just need to continue against Dumbarton next weekend and hopefully get a few of those injured players back. As McCall said post-match, Sena has been a bit of a find for us, and he’s really coming onto a game at the moment, good to see. 

4 hours ago, A Username With Mo In It said:

Just curious, how the hell do you pronounce Penrice anyway?

and btw, if Lyons isn't quite doing it at Firhill, can we have a loan back please? :)

We’re only scraping half a bench together for most games right now, so nobody will be going anywhere for the foreseeable. Really not sure why Lyons isn’t getting a sniff, as we’re sorely lacking in creativity and not scoring enough goals. 

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Really not sure why Lyons isn’t getting a sniff, as we’re sorely lacking in creativity and not scoring enough goals. 

He’s not been good enough when given his chance. He played really poor midweek in the Glasgow Cup, that would’ve been his chance to get in McCall’s thoughts. Although surprising due to his stats from last season, he’s clearly taking time to settle, ideally he does it soon, because we’ve pretty much fully dominated 2 matches now, but only 3 goals to show for it, thankfully the defence have been on hand to keep them out at the other end, but would like to put the game to bed much earlier in matches.

Would definitely take issue with " because we've pretty much fully dominated 2 matches now".

While there were periods Montrose seemed under the cosh, it seemed to me like a pretty even game with two pretty well-matched sides, which Thistle edged in the end. You have some pretty decent players but then so do we. I certainly don't share Scorge's assessment that Thistle were better across the whole team. We also were below full strength on Saturday, with Dillon putting in a sub-par performance, having not played for a few matches.

By now, we are pretty used to full-time teams being relegated to the "Seaside League" and their fans expressing opinions that suggest their teams should strolling their way back to the Championship, sweeping everyone else aside in their wake. The reality is, that League One is possibly going to be tighter than ever this year and being full-time is not to be equated to entitlement to a passport for promotion.  Ask Falkirk fans if you need a second opinion on this.

Edited by Brummo
Punk chew Asian

On 30/11/2020 at 12:14, Brummo said:

By now, we are pretty used to full-time teams being relegated to the "Seaside League" and their fans expressing opinions that suggest their teams should strolling their way back to the Championship, sweeping everyone else aside in their wake. The reality is, that League One is possibly going to be tighter than ever this year and being full-time is not to be equated to entitlement to a passport for promotion.  Ask Falkirk fans if you need a second opinion on this.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Thistle fan that thought we would stroll this league, given the last few seasons for us.