A Cold Tuesday Night at Dumbarton

27 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's a shame because he's a decent player.  Just restricts us too much  having him on the left.

He will struggle to get a game once Connolly is fully fit, he would be as well trying to Luke Leahy his career to right back tbh.

Yaaas we get to see the 3rd best ever Morton striker

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

He will struggle to get a game once Connolly is fully fit, he would be as well trying to Luke Leahy his career to right back tbh.

Yaaas we get to see the 3rd best ever Morton striker

Only other way would be to play leitch on right and connolly left with Morrison as a number 10. I reckon Morrison could play that role if our other strikers are struggling.

Love grass pitches on nights like this.  Ball launched high into the air, the players squint into the floodlights to make out the wee yellow dot, then down it plummets like a cannonball to land with a dull "splat" and bounce up 6 inches. 

Dont really get why the commentary team are bemoaning lack of 'luck' in front of goal? Bar a couple of free kicks humped in to the box at the end of the first half which failed to fall for them and the shot off the post just then I'm struggling to remember any attacks of note. 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

5 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Dont really get why the commentary team are bemoaning lack of 'luck' in front of goal? Bar a couple of free kicks humped in to the box at the end of the first half which failed to fall for them and the shot off the post just then I'm struggling to remember any attacks of note. 

They've hit the post so far which is more than Cove managed tbf.

Just now, BallochSonsFan said:

That'll be more injuries.

Pitch is really heavy. Guys will be struggling with muscle pulls. Wouldn't be surprised to see a mis-timed tackle end up with a red either.

Won’t hear anything about the pitch seeing as it’s grass and injuries only happen on 4g.

Big Michael Brown. Oaft. Chris will have plenty to say about him from his time at the Blades. That'll fill dead air for the last half-an-hour as Falkirk ping the ball around while they're 3-0 up and taking it easy in preparation for Saturday.

Can you do my lottery ticket this weekend?[emoji3]

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Any Sons fans getting worried? We're absolutely ganting.

On tonight's performance? No. Falkirk are a far better team than us and all things considered they'd be favourites to do this.

I'm more worried by Saturday's performance v Peterhead. We were absolutely garbage. did nothing to really test their makeshift defence or put them under pressure. Didnt test their keeper. Matches like tonight happen because Falkirk are just a better team. Man for man they're better all over the park. We can't do much other than hope that we catch Falkirk on a bad day and we can somehow take advantage. It'll be the same with Cove and Thistle when we play them this season.

Tonight is what it is. Entirely expected. Saturday was the really bad result. The worst part about tonight is potentially picking up more knocks.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Any Sons fans getting worried? We're absolutely ganting.

It’s absolutely brilliant to see us having to switch a starting central midfielder to centre back because we have no backup central defender. Thank f**k we have 3 left backs instead. 

I’m confident it will finish 4-3 with last season’s star striker now on the park.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

Just now, JinkyBairn said:

Or you’re just getting professionally swept aside by a better team. You will be fine this season.

Falkirk have been solid, Alston's was a great hit but that third goal is comedy defending from Wardrop and we don't score any goals. I'd bite yer hand off for 9th.