A Cold Tuesday Night at Dumbarton

I, for one, am astounded that having a transfer strategy that involved retaining players who clearly arent good enough and just randomly signing players without targetting specific positions has led to us looking like an absolute gang.

Moneys tight but at least make the effort to try new cheap options instead of cheap options we already know are pish. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Only other way would be to play leitch on right and connolly left with Morrison as a number 10. I reckon Morrison could play that role if our other strikers are struggling.

I reckon Morrison might get that 10 role behind a striker on Sunday but in league 1 he already does that from right wing with two strikers. 

I have just caught up with the 20 mins I was kicked out the stream, great thing about the pixie lott system is you can go back, cant say I missed much other than the goal

I wouldve bitten your hand for a 1 nil win but bar a slow start for us we bossed that, Gomis as said in someones post above was superb, great free kick and overall a professional performance. 

PJ Morrison also had a couple of saves to make tonight and did them superbly.....job done

Comfortable win I thought, never really in any danger, Dumbarton had the odd half chance and were improved from the Betfred tie not that it would have been hard given the side they had out. Thought the defence looked solid enough and Gomis was prob mom for me, Morrison getting another goal, Alston with a peach, and pleased to see Connolly get on and get on the scoresheet. Nobody really had a stinker, but I'd be tempted to drop Leitch for Connolly, and as much as Sammon looks like he's at least trying the quicker we get Keena back the better. 

I think I get more anxious with streaming than I do being there, but for the first time in a long time that there were no iffy moments or periods in the game. It’s not even a question of Dumbarton’s quality because these past few years, we’ve all seen Falkirk sides fold against lesser opposition.

I think I get more anxious with streaming than I do being there, but for the first time in a long time that there were no iffy moments or periods in the game. It’s not even a question of Dumbarton’s quality because these past few years, we’ve all seen Falkirk sides fold against lesser opposition.

It is our way unfortunately

Watching the goals back I didnt realise just how much of a mess the Dumbarton defender makes of the 3rd goal. Boots it straight up in the air from the flick on, then tries to shepherd it back to the keeper when it's never getting there, allowing Connolly to nip in and score 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Watching the goals back I didnt realise just how much of a mess the Dumbarton defender makes of the 3rd goal. Boots it straight up in the air from the flick on, then tries to shepherd it back to the keeper when it's never getting there, allowing Connolly to nip in and score 

It's actually wee Aiden that kicks in in the air mate. Defender still made a bit of a mess of it though.