A Cold Tuesday Night at Dumbarton

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Falkirk have been solid, Alston's was a great hit but that third goal is comedy defending from Wardrop and we don't score any goals. I'd bite yer hand off for 9th.

East Fife were worse than this when we played them. This is also the best we've played over a full game all season

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Forfar, Peterhead and Clyde will all be below you IMO...

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

East Fife were worse than this when we played them. This is also the best we've played over a full game all season

We've played all those sides and won one. I appreciate you guys are enjoying your performance so maybe I am being harsh but we've not done basic things well tonight.

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

If any Sons fan is in any doubt about their club's direction of travel then they really aren't paying attention. We are in a God-awful state, on and off the park.

We need money. That squad isnt good enough. 

How we bring in that money is the big question. We need to increase revenues. Capital investment would be very helpful right now as it would potentially help us generate more income that can be allocated for player wages. Dabrowski looks a good loan signing. Wedderburn was a good pick up. I'll give the benefit of the doubt to Wardrop given his recent injury history. Same for Frizzell. Wilson looks lively but needs better service. Beyond that you're really only looking at Quitongo, Neil, McGeever and Carswell as being decent players. The squad just isnt good enough. Duffy's signings have been poor over the summer and we havent got the calibre of loan player that we've had in the past to make a difference with the squad.

Understandable this season. It has been a nightmare for the board to try and get us in a position where we could participate in the league this year. Any criticism of our team has to bear that in mind. But we need to see meaningful changes when things get closer to normal. This is going to be a tough enough season and if we manage to remain in the division for next season then we can't have a repeat because we're eventually going to run out of luck. This calibre of Dumbarton squad will eventually get us relegated.

1 minute ago, Nedelko said:
2 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:
With a bit of quality in front of goal we could have had 3 goals in the last 15 mins. Disappointing and need to improve.

"If we were better at scoring goals we could've scored goals"

If I'd have been thinner, more attractive, richer and more confident then I could have pulled Scarlett Johansson.

2 minutes ago, Nedelko said:
3 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:
With a bit of quality in front of goal we could have had 3 goals in the last 15 mins. Disappointing and need to improve.

"If we were better at scoring goals we could've scored goals"

Pretty much. 3 very good chances really. Hit the post, a save for the 'keeper when he shouldn't have had a chance and then far too slow to let the tackle in for the 3rd.

Job done, 3 points away on a difficult pitch. Dumbarton tried hard, and if they had pinched a goal at 2-0 it might have got interesting. Quite glad to get this fixture played and won, Gomez and Alston ran the midfield and free kick goal was a cracker. 

Clinical finishing and cool heads were the difference tonight. Alston wasn't constant but when he does get involved he has that touch of class. 

Well taken goals by Falkirk combined with some horrific decision making at the back made it easier than it should have been. 

Despite the score I wasn't too disheartened by our performance. We will play worse and pick points up. Wedderburn was superb and PJ Crossan done well. I thought Rico should have been getting forward more but maybe thats because we have a new modern definition of a full back. Maybe asking too much of him to be an Andy Robertson. 

Ach well.