A Cold Tuesday Night at Dumbarton

Disagree with Fraser. Not harsh in any way so far.

Falkirk have had more chances and have had better chances. It hasnt been one way traffic but there has been a clear difference between the teams. We havent really tested the Falkirk keeper. Always seems to break down in the final 3rd. Either the ball from midfield isnt good enough or we can't deliver into the box.

Harsh to suggest the 'keeper should be better placed to get a hand on that? Decent hit but I'm a believe that from a deadball unless it curls round the wall into the top corner at pace then the goalkeeper should be able to get a hand on it.

Will wait to see it again before saying for sure.

2 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

“When you’re on top, things sometimes just don’t go your way”

Wtf is this boy on about 😂. Dumbarton have done absolutely f**k all. Lucky it’s only 2.

I can't wait for the completely reasonable and unbiased Falkirk commentary I've heard so much about...🙄

Just now, squeezeboxson said:

I can't wait for the completely reasonable and unbiased Falkirk commentary I've heard so much about...🙄

Our commentary team is an absolute disgrace. Well with you on that.

But aye, boy must have his yellow tinted specs on cause the sons have done nothing to speak about.

Just now, JinkyBairn said:

Our commentary team is an absolute disgrace. Well with you on that.

But aye, boy must have his yellow tinted specs on cause the sons have done nothing to speak about.

To be fair, if you had seen our performance on Saturday you would understand how much more we have had in this game. I thought it was all us in the first 10 minutes but as the half has gone on we have been getting less of the play other than a couple of balls into the box which could have been half chances. Straws? Clutching? Perhaps.

2 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Looking at the replay it looks like the Sons keeper was standing on the wrong side of the goal (ie behind the wall)? Was still a pearler of a strike though 

I thought it looked like he stepped too far forward off his line as the ball was hit. But again, I'd need to see it again to say for sure.

We've been mince. Balls forward have been poor and anything we have had in the final 3rd hasn't really been good enough delivery into the box. The occasional launch forward aside, we've done absolutely nothing of any note in an attacking sense and relying on a lucky bounce in the box on a wet pitch isnt much of a game plan. Falkirk look exceptionally comfortable. First goal was absolutely disgraceful defending. Nice finish at the back post but absolutely criminal that the defender had no idea that Morrison was behind him. 2nd was a really well hit free kick from Alston.

I can't say that this is unexpected. Falkirk are amongst the favourites for the title this season. We arent doing terribly defensively, but midfield is being overrun a little. Langan is doing nothing of any note and it cant be left to Wedderburn and Carswell between them, because Falkirk always look like they have more bodies available. Church hasnt done much. Frizell and Wilson are being starved of any real service.

Grim viewing tbh. Games like tonight don't worry me too much. I'm more unhappy at Saturday's loss to Peterhead. Doesnt make great viewing though and I'll be glad when it's time for Masterchef.

I think we still look shaky from set pieces defensively but we are so much better in possession with a midfield of dynamic players and defenders who are capable of stepping out of defence. 

Leitch has the beating of his man when he faces him up but he's always going to he cutting inside. Opens some space for Kelly right enough who I think gives is a different dynamic based on that first half.

Dumbarton commentary has been very good.

Two points in that half I think support my shout to move Wedderburn forward. Arguably our best (only?) chance of that half was the free kick at the edge of the box that Big Nat won with great feet, then Carswell(!) for some reason blasted it into the wall. Then he tried a wee drag back at the edge of his own box, lost the ball and Falkirk immediately crashed it off the bar. Not to mention that our style of play completely misses the midfield so we may as well lob him up there in the hope something might stick. 

Do it Duffy. We're getting pumped anyway.

Edited by The Moonster