A Cold Tuesday Night at Dumbarton

I know Duffy won't, but we could really do with a wee shake up of the system. I don't think the flat 4-4-2 works with the squad we have, we lack pace right through midfield and have very little creativity from there. Couple that with the fact that Ross Forbes hasn't found a Sons jersey in weeks with a pass, I think we need a different approach. 

Dabrowski

Wardrop -- McGeever -- Neill -- Church

Carswell -- Hamilton

Frizzell -- Wedderburn -- Reilly

Wilson

I think the above would allow everyone to play to their strengths. Carswell and Hamilton are two busy guys who can get around the pitch and break up play, Hamilton was earmarked for playing there when joining us too according to Robbie Neilson. With Frizzell and Reilly on the wings you have pace and ability to go past a man from two players who are used to playing in those positions with room for Crossan to slot back in for Reilly when he's fit. Up front you've got Wilson's work rate/harrying of defences, but the key is Wedderburn in the attacking midfield role, and I'm sure that's where I'll take some stick here. The big man can't run and whilst he can use his size to win the ball back, I don't actually think that's the strength of his game. He can pick out a pass better than anyone else in the team and despite being the size of a house, he can turn on a sixpence to get out of tight areas. He can be clumsy sometimes and I think that causes us more problems with him sat in defensive midfield than further up the park. Come at me Sons fans. Come at me.

I think I can kind of understand what The Moonster is getting at. I just have no idea how it would actually look in reality. My mind cannot picture big Nat Wedderburn as a #10.

Anyway. We're not doing anything going forward so we might as well try it. Heck stick Ryan McGeever up top as a target man too. My boys' club did that with our big centre-back a few times and it worked every so often.

Anyway, the game is now available for you Bairns to purchase. As @Back Post Misses didn't get back to me on my offer of allowing him on co-comms it'll just be me and Chris droning into your ears again. We're hopeful of having another special guest on at half-time too. 

Clicky

28 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Moonster’s steamin on a Monday morning. Sad.

12 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I think I can kind of understand what The Moonster is getting at. I just have no idea how it would actually look in reality. My mind cannot picture big Nat Wedderburn as a #10.

Nobody thought Steve Clarke's 5 at the back would take us to a tournament. Nat Wedderburn has been waiting his whole career to be unearthed as an attacking midfielder. Mark my words.

15 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Anyway. We're not doing anything going forward so we might as well try it. Heck stick Ryan McGeever up top as a target man too. My boys' club did that with our big centre-back a few times and it worked every so often.

Anyway, the game is now available for you Bairns to purchase. As @Back Post Misses didn't get back to me on my offer of allowing him on co-comms it'll just be me and Chris droning into your ears again. We're hopeful of having another special guest on at half-time too. 

Clicky

I expect another segment on the cursed number 9 jersey at Spurs otherwise you'll be letting us down. 

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Nobody thought Steve Clarke's 5 at the back would take us to a tournament. Nat Wedderburn has been waiting his whole career to be unearthed as an attacking midfielder. Mark my words.

Bookmarked for Nat Wedderburn finishing the season with more assists than Joe McKee last year.

7 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

I expect another segment on the cursed number 9 jersey at Spurs otherwise you'll be letting us down. 

I shall do my best to slide in a mention of Grzegorz Rasiak.

55 minutes ago, Russ said:

Grzegorz Rasiak at 9, Paul Stalteri at 7 and Michael Brown at 11. Real halcyon days that for Spurs.

Big Michael Brown. Oaft. Chris will have plenty to say about him from his time at the Blades. That'll fill dead air for the last half-an-hour as Falkirk ping the ball around while they're 3-0 up and taking it easy in preparation for Saturday.

Big Michael Brown. Oaft. Chris will have plenty to say about him from his time at the Blades. That'll fill dead air for the last half-an-hour as Falkirk ping the ball around while they're 3-0 up and taking it easy in preparation for Saturday.

Yeah, I think you will find it won’t be that straightforward....

Everyone in our 11/subs will be playing for a place on Sunday, a good few of our players wont have played in a reasonbly big televised game and will want to.

The league of course is the bread and butter for us this season and that will be pointed out also on Tuesday I am sure. 

The male multi-task operation of Darts final and Dumbarton tv for me, please be as biased as possible as I know what I have purchased, even throw in a 180 😅 

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Crossan and Quitongo seemingly have an outside chance of making it. Be good to have them back for this run of fixtures even if they miss out tonight.

Reading that match preview gave me a bit of hope.

Fully expecting to turn up tonight and find out we have three subs (Calder, Morrison and Reilly) and are playing Ross Forbes at centre-half.