Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's Next Permanent Manager?  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, looking at the poll after about 3 days, we have Tommy Wright well out in front, Levein (!) in second and John Hughes as the only other candidate in double figures (in terms of actual votes, almost at double figures in % terms). I was expecting Wright to be first choice by quite a margin, but second are third and surprising, to put it mildly. Obviously, some votes could be from non-Dees for the lolz, but it does depress me quite a bit that this is the level we deem to be acceptable.

Are there any left-field proposals that should be taken seriously, or are we going to be in situation where it is Tommy Wright or total no-hoper?

As a matter of interest, did the DABS have any kind of feeling that Twisting my Mellon man would be manager when Neilson left?

Edited by Spikethedee

37 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Liam Fontaine might not be the worst shout in the world.

I know he's reputed to be a promising coach but another ex-Hibs CH with no experience sounds absolutely dreadful.

2 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

As a matter of interest, did the DABS have any kind of feeling that Twisting my Mellon man would be manager when Neilson left?

None whatsoever. He was mentioned in dispatches quite early on but wasn't paid any particular attention until the final week or so before he was appointed. He just one name on a long list. 

26 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’d have rather kept MacInytre than a point McPake. The boys a dunce

Totally agree, every single one of us wanted shot of the DAB, but with hindsight, we would be in a much better place had we kept him, that much is certain now.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Totally agree, every single one of us wanted shot of the DAB, but with hindsight, we would be in a much better place had we kept him, that much is certain now.

Thank you.

Not having that.

The p***k was on Tannadice waving a United scarf about celebrating he got us relegated with a 12% win rate on the opening day of last season. McPake has done utter shite but he never signed 'quality' players like Martin Woods (To replace Glenn Kamara and allow him to go for 50k no less), Ryan Inniss, Andrew Davies (Who regularly laughed at the club saying he felt the best he'd ever felt whilst punting shite Herbalife whilst out crocked with us) & Craig Curran.

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not having that.

The p***k was on Tannadice waving a United scarf about celebrating he got us relegated with a 12% win rate on the opening day of last season. McPake has done utter shite but he never signed 'quality' players like Martin Woods (To replace Glenn Kamara and allow him to go for 50k no less), Ryan Inniss, Andrew Davies (Who regularly laughed at the club saying he felt the best he'd ever felt whilst punting shite Herbalife whilst out crocked with us) & Craig Curran.

I hate the dayglo c**t, but, do you think we would be sitting in 7th (or worse) in the Championship with him in charge?

30 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I hate the dayglo c**t, but, do you think we would be sitting in 7th (or worse) in the Championship with him in charge?

I don't believe he'd ever have still been here. There's not a chance he'd have made it through last season without some sort of implosion by fans. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I don't believe he'd ever have still been here. There's not a chance he'd have made it through last season without some sort of implosion by fans. 

Yeah, good job for McPake there's no supporters in grounds.