Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's Next Permanent Manager?  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here you are lads, the mural with the man himself.

He was terrific at Mansfield, Plymouth and Torquay. I remember he took on a Plymouth side that had made the FA Cup semi finals in 84 and took them up a division. He did well at Torquay too who were always a penniless shambles in those days.

Never sure what happened at Dens. Even as a kid, before the internet, I knew through fanzines etc that Dundee fans hated him and regarded him as a cretinous galoot. 

Until this thread I had no idea he was from the city though. I had always thought he was a good lower league English manager who came briefly to Scotland, didn’t really understand the league, failed horribly and vanished never to be seen again.

7B9A18CD-6037-481E-B1B5-1D26C2838D2D.jpeg

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

Spoke to my source close to the club - the one who broke the adam deal structure week or two before anyone knew.

Due to the pandemic, this season mcpake is safe unless you get into any relegation fight of course. Next season they will demand a mid table finish from him and every year after they expect "improvement." Not sure if thats league placings or performances but thats all thats been said to me. By 2025 they must be in the race for the championship every year for mcpake to stay in the job.

I would laugh but it is a hard league to get out of as seen by uniteds recent troubles.

Edited by Mvondo_the_great

11 hours ago, ewan14 said:

Is that him ?

Yeah, that was Jim McLean whilst as a player at Dens. He left to play for Killie before returning 2 years later as a coach in 1970. Spent 18 months as 1st team coach before leaving for Tannadice.

So highly rated by the Dundee players that 2 years later at the evening reception after winning the League Cup against Celtic half the team left the hotel to visit him at his house apparently. Did not go down well. 

3 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Yeah, that was Jim McLean whilst as a player at Dens. He left to play for Killie before returning 2 years later as a coach in 1970. Spent 18 months as 1st team coach before leaving for Tannadice.

So highly rated by the Dundee players that 2 years later at the evening reception after winning the League Cup against Celtic half the team left the hotel to visit him at his house apparently. Did not go down well. 

Wasn't alive then, but Jocky often recounts how Dave White basically ensured that every player that visited Jim McLean was punted for that.

Just googled him and he seems to have been successful down South to the point that Plymouth have murals of him at their ground. Jeezo.
He also managed Southend United for 7 years - my English team - he actually did okay there. Took them up in his second season - relegated after two seasons up - but bounced straight back up - breaking 9 club records in the process.

Spoke to my source close to the club - the one who broke the adam deal structure week or two before anyone knew.

Due to the pandemic, this season mcpake is safe unless you get into any relegation fight of course. Next season they will demand a mid table finish from him and every year after they expect "improvement." Not sure if thats league placings or performances but thats all thats been said to me. By 2025 they must be in the race for the championship every year for mcpake to stay in the job.

I would laugh but it is a hard league to get out of as seen by uniteds recent troubles.

did-ye-aye.jpeg

Wasn't alive then, but Jocky often recounts how Dave White basically ensured that every player that visited Jim McLean was punted for that.
That's peak Dundee tbh. Not only let a brilliant coach go but also bin several excellent players for going to see him after a cup win.

9 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Cheers

Great story

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/11/2020 at 17:33, Day of the Lords said:
On 27/11/2020 at 14:09, Ludo*1 said:

That's peak Dundee tbh. Not only let a brilliant coach go but also bin several excellent players for going to see him after a cup win.

Who's going to touch Dundee? Get real son.

• 2 months later...