Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's Next Permanent Manager?  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Our players probably like McPake whereas, whilst actually playing, most players detested Jim Maclean (BHC). Who was the better manager?

Any amount of John Nelm managerial appointment fvck-ups could not equal the boardroom decision to let the feller below leave Dens Park for the second time.   Mind you, Nelms' can maybe start to redeem himself by announcing Tommy Wright asap instead of continuing his seemingly never-ending long sleepwalk, imho.

1967-dundee-jim-mclean-bjnprt.thumb.jpg.98c8dbea0c177fcbbc633a33e9b7a2d3.jpg 

Ignoring the fact that there isn't actually a vacancy at Dens, you'd have to think that Gary Holt wouldn't be a bad choice given some of the names being touted. Conspiracy theorists might think it's no coincidence that Holt chucks it at Livi when an opening might just about be on the cards at Dens...... I'm probably reading far too much into this though.... 

If we're tapping up Gary Holt in the same way we done with Paul Hartley & Jack Ross whilst a perfectly good manager in Tommy Wright is available then the baw is burst.

I wouldn't mind Holt - but I just don't get it.

Anyways, McPake is just as likely to be handed a new deal by our mob.

Throw him in the van; goodbye Neil McCann

God loves a trier; but f**k off McIntyre

FFSake; piss off James McPake

Here comes Tommy Wright; can he be less shite?

Or could Lennon delight yer average Dundee fan? No, they’ll summon Mark David Chapman.

3 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Any amount of John Nelm managerial appointment fvck-ups could not equal the boardroom decision to let the feller below leave Dens Park for the second time.   Mind you, Nelms' can maybe start to redeem himself by announcing Tommy Wright asap instead of continuing his seemingly never-ending long sleepwalk, imho.

1967-dundee-jim-mclean-bjnprt.thumb.jpg.98c8dbea0c177fcbbc633a33e9b7a2d3.jpg 

Is that him ?

1 hour ago, Shandön Par said:

Throw him in the van; goodbye Neil McCann

God loves a trier; but f**k off McIntyre

FFSake; piss off James McPake

Here comes Tommy Wright; can he be less shite?

Or could Lennon delight yer average Dundee fan? No, they’ll summon Mark David Chapman.

Simon Pegg Drinking GIF by Working Title

I at this point believe that McPake, unless we are genuinely fighting relegation later on this season, will remain manager until the end of the season before Nelms and Keyes properly evaluate the situation. As most of our players' contracts expire at the end of this season, I think in their eyes it'll be as well having the man who brought them in trying to work with his players, and if they don't think he's the man for the job going forward then the new manager will get a full summer and relative clean slate to implement his own style.

On 25/11/2020 at 21:59, Ludo*1 said:

Kernaghan had the lowest budget of any manager ever and was appointed mid-season with the transfer window shut and forced to use a squad that was demoralised from relegation and felt responsible for getting the manager sacked after a midweek pumping from Stranraer.

Kernaghan is up there with the worst, but McIntyre took the biscuit for me.

My memory is possibly playing tricks but wasn't he appointed fairly quickly after Duffy was binned? I'm sure Duff only got about 3 or 4 games that season. Weirdly a couple of decent league wins but got emptied against 3-1 loss at Stranraer. Kernaghan was absolutely hopeless and imo,  quickly lost the dressing room. His tantrum at the League before putting out the kids to lose 0-7 against Airdrie was the absolute peak of his fuckwittery. In fact looking back at that season's results on Wiki is brutal. I'd forgotten just how awful it was. Shipping 16 fucking goals to Airdrie in 4 league defeats was rancid. Getting to the Cup Semi wasn't much of an achievement either considering we somehow drew absolute dross until Gretna walked all over us at Hampden. He only won 3 league games after new year, all against the pish that finished below us. 

Emptying Duffy so quickly that season was a massive, massive error imo. 

On 25/11/2020 at 23:26, Fifespud said:

There’s never been a worse manager in history than Coco. His Delia Smith attempts to gee the crowd up. Totally cringeworthy. McIntyre never stood a chance but the memories of that first game away to Livi - shudders. I still believe he’s have us in better shape than this utter slavering tosspot.

He was an utter buffoon. I well remember the pre-match tannoy announcements which were invariably drowned out by abuse. I even saw a guy manage to hit one of the speakers in the Derry with a pie, such was the rage that pish induced in an already fucked off home support. Tremendous stuff. He was done the minute he clapped the DABs off the Dens pitch after they'd pished all over us 3-0. He somehow beat Celtic home and away in the first half of that season. I don't think he even knew how. I remember Archie McPherson interviewing him after one of those wins and Smith gave the impression of a guy who'd passed a multiple choice exam simply by guessing "C" for every single question. Didn't he only get the job because he was mates with Angus Crook? 

3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

He was an utter buffoon. I well remember the pre-match tannoy announcements which were invariably drowned out by abuse. I even saw a guy manage to hit one of the speakers in the Derry with a pie, such was the rage that pish induced in an already fucked off home support. Tremendous stuff. He was done the minute he clapped the DABs off the Dens pitch after they'd pished all over us 3-0. He somehow beat Celtic home and away in the first half of that season. I don't think he even knew how. I remember Archie McPherson interviewing him after one of those wins and Smith gave the impression of a guy who'd passed a multiple choice exam simply by guessing "C" for every single question. Didn't he only get the job because he was mates with Angus Crook? 

Just googled him and he seems to have been successful down South to the point that Plymouth have murals of him at their ground. Jeezo.

3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Getting to the Cup Semi wasn't much of an achievement either considering we somehow drew absolute dross until Gretna walked all over us at Hampden.

Drew Stranraer, Airdrie Utd, Hamilton and Gretna. Luckiest series of draws we'll ever have and it was probably our worst team ever. Still needed 2 replays and one of those to go to extra time. If only we'd got a run like that in 2015/16 or something. Wouldn't matter now, we'd bottle it to Hamilton rn easy I'd reckon.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Just googled him and he seems to have been successful down South to the point that Plymouth have murals of him at their ground. Jeezo.

That's wild. He seemed so out of his depth up here. I'd forgotten he was actually a native of Dundee but i didn't realise his middle name was Bowman 😂

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Drew Stranraer, Airdrie Utd, Hamilton and Gretna. Luckiest series of draws we'll ever have and it was probably our worst team ever. Still needed 2 replays and one of those to go to extra time. If only we'd got a run like that in 2015/16 or something. Wouldn't matter now, we'd bottle it to Hamilton rn easy I'd reckon.

Yeah I remember the BBC (i think) showed the Hamilton replay live. We actually had a couple of decent strikers that season in Simon Lynch and Steven Craig. 

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

That's wild. He seemed so out of his depth up here. I'd forgotten he was actually a native of Dundee but i didn't realise his middle name was Bowman 😂

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2019/july/greatest-manager-no.2/

DAVE SMITH - 50 YEARS IN FOOTBALL | Stagsnet | Latest News

Mansfield supporters handing him a trophy as well.

Can't find the mural alas.

Even had a 'This is your life' style documentary. Fucking hell.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2019/july/greatest-manager-no.2/

DAVE SMITH - 50 YEARS IN FOOTBALL | Stagsnet | Latest News

Mansfield supporters handing him a trophy as well.

Can't find the mural alas.

Even had a 'This is your life' style documentary. Fucking hell.

Jesus. He actually did OK briefly at Torquay before the chairman emptied him when they started bottling a promotion campaign. 

That Wiki entry is class btw. This is after Smith was binned, but outstanding shenanigans nonetheless: 

"However, despite the high-profile signing of Justin Fashanu, football's first openly gay footballer, the appointment of Ivan Golac as manager and well publicised visits of Julie Goodyear to the dressing room, United were relegated again after just one season. Golac's time at United was brief and Paul Compton was appointed to replace him in 1992. The introduction of the FA Premier League at the end of the season meant they were relegated from Division Three to Division Three"