Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's Next Permanent Manager?  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There’s never been a worse manager in history than Coco. His Delia Smith attempts to gee the crowd up. Totally cringeworthy. McIntyre never stood a chance but the memories of that first game away to Livi - shudders. I still believe he’s have us in better shape than this utter slavering tosspot.

John Hughes is a great appointment for a club who has let their manager go to a bigger club due to their great work.  Ergo have a good team/squad.  He doesn't have to change much, he's actually a great coach.

He's a horrific choice for a club who has sacked their manager for being shite and building a shite team.  So he'd be the worst choice for Dundee.  He'd have to rebuild the shite squad McPake has built.

Under no circumstances should you trust John Hughes with signing a single player.

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

John Hughes is a great appointment for a club who has let their manager go to a bigger club due to their great work.  Ergo have a good team/squad.  He doesn't have to change much, he's actually a great coach.

He's a horrific choice for a club who has sacked their manager for being shite and building a shite team.  So he'd be the worst choice for Dundee.  He'd have to rebuild the shite squad McPake has built.

Under no circumstances should you trust John Hughes with signing a single player.

The thing is we have a decent squad. It's a squad that's been terrible coached over the last 16 months.

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Why do players speak so highly of him?

Was just thinking that.  You'd be troubled to find a player who didn't think he was one of the best, if not the best, coaches they ever worked under.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Was just thinking that.  You'd be troubled to find a player who didn't think he was one of the best, if not the best, coaches they ever worked under.

And he's had good success as a manager. I think fans see that he speaks like he's thick as f**k but like I've said, any players I've seen interviewed on the like of Open Goal have always said he's the best manager they've worked under - and they tend to say it how it is on there. The whole debacle at Raith seems to have painted a bad picture of him but I think there was so much more going on there than meets the eye. I bet if you spoke to players at Livi just now he'd be right up there as their one of preferred choice. 

Edited by RossDee01

I reckon he's the best manager they'll have worked under because he's probably the most relaxed and "down to Earth" they'll have worked under. He comes across as a decent bloke who treats football as exactly as it is, a short career for most. Make it as enjoyable as you possibly can and allow folk to have a laugh and people will love working under you. 

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

There might be a few lads at Raith who think otherwise. He threw that squad under the bus.

Everyone has their own coaching style I suppose.

21 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Ask any member of the 16/17 Raith squad. 

29 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Ask any member of the 16/17 Raith squad. 

After a fairly unspectacular, injury ridden season Kevin Cuthbert made a late dash for player of the year by attempting to throttle Yogi.