Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's Next Permanent Manager?  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Tommy Wright is the clear choice but would he go to Dundee? Is there potential there to do much more than what he did at Perth . Bigger club but I'm not sure there is.

More of a budget certainly and the owners always back the manager. The big factor would be as you put it if he could be arsed with the hassle. I couldn't blame him if he couldn't.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Tommy Wright is the clear choice but would he go to Dundee? Is there potential there to do much more than what he did at Perth . Bigger club but I'm not sure there is.

TBF what he's achieved with St Johnstone is largely the limit of what he'd achieve with any other club likely to employ him. Outside of the bigot brothers, Aberdeen and Hibs, any other club is only ever going to be realistically aiming to make it into the top 6 of a Premier League season, maybe the occasional cup and/or exit to some diddy side in europe. He'll already know that he'll get financial backing from our owners, and be fairly secure barring some sort of disastrous run that only McPake is capable of anyway. 

1 minute ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Nick pakes not going anywhere. As long as you dont ens up in the bottom 2 i think itll be a re evaluate at end of season job. Where you will opt for a stuart kettlewell of the recently punted from county fame

What the f**k is this semi (and i'm being extremely generous there) literate pish supposed to mean? 

3 minutes ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Nick pakes not going anywhere. As long as you dont ens up in the bottom 2 i think itll be a re evaluate at end of season job. Where you will opt for a stuart kettlewell of the recently punted from county fame

EE0DBCB1-0CDB-4C7D-9526-413998897064.gif

10 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

More of a budget certainly and the owners always back the manager. The big factor would be as you put it if he could be arsed with the hassle. I couldn't blame him if he couldn't.

Even with a bigger budget can you see him do much more than regular top 6 and a cup win? I would've thought his next move would be England perhaps as he's done most things here you can do without being manager of one of the arse cheeks.

2 minutes ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

I think you know what it means. Ignorance is bliss tho eh lads.

Temuri ketsbaia.....

Tommy wright......

cant see it would be putting it mildly.

You really don't make any sense, weirdo.

Away and take your face for a shit.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Even with a bigger budget can you see him do much more than regular top 6 and a cup win? I would've thought his next move would be England perhaps as he's done most things here you can do without being manager of one of the arse cheeks.

I mean if you're asking me, I'd be pretty fucking happy with regular top 6 and a cup win! For him, I get that there wouldn't be much to prove for him other than the ability to turn a team fully around rather than take over a team already at a stable position and improving on it. Tbh I doubt he's got it in him to go all that much higher in the game, but maybe he wants to prove that notion wrong. Hopefully the challenge of making a seeming sure thing that has failed for so long into a sure thing again would be appealling enough for him, though I too would probably doubt it.

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

He was fighting the bin man for players and was still successful.

This needs put in perspective. His budget apparently increased most years, his final season seeing us with the 6th highest budget in the league, one of the highest we've had, while he also signed many, many, players on 6 figure annual salaries, and May was apparently close to being one of our highest ever earners when he signed.

He was restricted a lot in terms of scouting etc., but he never came close to having one of the lowest budgets in the top flight.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'd like to be the first poster to welcome Stewart Petrie to Dundee Football Club. 

Good luck son, by fucking christ you will need it. 

Would like to see Petrie get a chance at this level. The stars have never quite aligned for him to be Dunfermline manager.