Metal/Rock Electronic Dance Music

the snudge

Prodigy are the dance band metal heads loved. Pendulum. KLF. Hot Chip, LCD Sound System, EMF. Eddie Temple Morris used to do a show in XFM on a Friday that covered this genre, he released a CD

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dance-Rocks-Mixed-Temple-Morris/dp/B000NJL65Q

In terms of really raw, of the wall dance music DJ Producer,  Venetian Snares and Hellfish, your basic Banface vibe. But as I said, its niche and a bit raw. 

Die Antwoord might be in this vein for some. 

More mainstream dance some of the heavy German techno like Ellen Allien and Helena Hauff, but you are getting away from the rock side of things. 

There was that period in 2010 where Sleigh Bells, HEALTH, and Crystal Castles were the biggest draws. Some of it still holds up and straddles the line between being electronic and rock music. 

8 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Maybe some synthwave/darksynth?

Heard that last track on this a while back

I thought this thread would have recommendations alongside the lines of enter shikari or pendulum.  Not some Ned beats that happen to have slight bit of guitar.  Then again I maintain  rammstien are essentially a dance act at their base.

Edited by parsforlife

• 1 month later...