What Comic Did You Buy When You Were A Nipper?

D.A.F.C

1 hour ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I had a Victor or similar annual and a strip about footballers in some south American country where the losing team were taken off to be executed so the boys had to win. A tense affair.

That was Argentina 78 m9!

2 hours ago, beardy said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeheCHlRCvgsyXU-I1-nLI remember a horror type comic called Scream when I was young. I particularly remember because one 'monster' had ventured near Inverness.

Google tells me it was a short run of comics.

Two Tony Blairs is untold horror indeed.

The Beano & The Dandy shared between me and my brother. Then as I got a bit older it was Look-In  and Shoot  with the occasional Commando  . I also still have the last ever edition  of Wizard ( June 1978 ) before it merged with Victor 

3 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Scorcher and Score, Shoot, Scoop, then Roy of the Rovers

Used to get the last 3, but not at the same time. Only one comic a week was the ration!

Scoop was the business,  a cross between Shoot and ROTR, what could possibly go wrong?...

Edited by Lurkst

2 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

I remember having a mid-80s thing for Battle Action Force. Based on a range of toys where a bunch of NATO inspired military types fought Baron Ironblood & his red soldiers. Military fetish pish.

My kids have been playing with my old action force toys and I’ve been wondering what that fu Manchu looking nazi type was called, cheers.

Beano and Dandy for me too. I was even a member of the Dennis the menace fan club. Still get the Oor Wullie or Broons for Christmas every year at the age of 45 and still love it.

Eta, I moved on to one called United about a fitba team called, er, United. Managed by Joe Pearson and had star players called Josh Tee and Kevin Nicklish. I also went through a spell of getting the action type comics but they were about fitba.