What Comic Did You Buy When You Were A Nipper?

D.A.F.C

16 hours ago, Lurkst said:

I'd forgot about that mad DIY badge, it was massive! 😄

78+DC+Thomson+-+Scoop+-+3D+Soccer+Star+B

CCFC+Football+Cards+011-0183.jpg

Mick Mills- psycho. Which he was. The badge the school bully would have worn.

Derek Johnstone- that's Dave Lee Travis..

Pat Jennings is Billy the Fish

King Kenny looks like he's just stepped in a dug's jobby.

Danny McGrain has just climaxed.

19 hours ago, Lurkst said:

I'd forgot about that mad DIY badge, it was massive! 😄

78+DC+Thomson+-+Scoop+-+3D+Soccer+Star+B

CCFC+Football+Cards+011-0183.jpg

These guys would have been in their 20s or early 30s when those pictures were taken, but some of them look so old. I suppose players in those days lived on a diet of fish suppers, Tartan Special and Capstan Full Strength.

18 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Star Wars

I quite liked DC Thompson's Starblazer comics, they were in the same format as Commando but were sci-fi themed. They usually involved some kind of intergalactic piracy or whatever.

17 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

My first 200AD issue. I used to collect them up to about prog 500.

11aac7eef5600e275eb101bbe2e37ee2.png

Rogue Trooper was pretty cool. I've always hoped that someone would make a film or TV series about him.

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

6 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Par Jr rocking a Dennis the Menace jumper yesterday. The head is meant to be Gnasher btw.

80B5883B-065F-4820-90B6-B2467A3A2863.jpeg

No wonder you're in the bad books if you can't even afford new trousers for your offspring

6 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Well Alf Tupper,  the Tough of the Track certainly did, from memory.

Can't remember if he ran in bare feet or hobnail boots. This is certainly revealing what a load of old wrinklies there are on this forum.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Aye, was awful from memory. Thinking about it, there were a lot of Viz knock offs. Smut being another 

image.jpeg.e4e893ab6b824fdd33503d9c872383c4.jpeg

Not read the whole thread, but does anyone remember the two Scottish comics that were about in the late eighties, early niģties that where called Shavers weekly and Electric Soup?  Shavers weekly was Edinburgh and the electric Soup glasgow.  

51 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

Not read the whole thread, but does anyone remember the two Scottish comics that were about in the late eighties, early niģties that where called Shavers weekly and Electric Soup?  Shavers weekly was Edinburgh and the electric Soup glasgow.  

I've still got some old Electric Soups. Editor and artist Frank Quietly went on to be quite a big deal in the US and had an exhibition in the Kelvingrove a couple of years ago

There's a pic of some Meadowbank fans who were banned from the Stadium by Blobby Hunter peeking in from Marionville Road and one of them has the Shaver's Weekly in his back pocket...

2 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Aye, was awful from memory. Thinking about it, there were a lot of Viz knock offs. Smut being another 

image.jpeg.e4e893ab6b824fdd33503d9c872383c4.jpeg

I think one of the rip offs, Zit, had a football column called "Put some snow on it" (in celebration of the long ball tactic). Whenever Edinburgh City are fannying about with the ball (which is quite often) I tend to shout that.

Most of it was shite but I liked a strip called "Paper cut Pete" a psycho who cut up people with a bit of paper. "Swishy Swishy"