Death penalty

welshbairn

On 21/11/2020 at 12:29, 101 said:

No idea it was on deathpenatly.org it seemed high but as they are the main campaigner against the death penalty I assume they haven't made it up. It could be that the death row inmates cost more to guard and keep before the get killed than it costs to look after regular lifers. 

Pretty sure only Lethal Injection, Lethal inhalation and electrocution are the ways used in the states.

We probably are a capitalist society just a very shit one.

You can request a firing squad in Mississippi, Utah and Oklahoma. 

The cunting cuntbag of a cunthole that pointed a gun at one of my stepdaughters tonight fucking deserves the death penalty, if only to save him from being personally ripped apart but by bit by me!

My money’s on the guy with the gun.

On 22/11/2020 at 00:18, tamthebam said:

All countries in Europe have abolished the death penalty except for 2. 

The 2 are Belarus under flaky dictator Lukashenko and Russia who haven't (officially) executed anyone since 1996 (you can argue Putin uses more oblique methods)

The biggest executors in the world are China and Iran. The US, Japan, Taiwan and South Korea are the only 1st World countries to retain it. Iran has executed 34 minors (under 18s) since 2013.

Singapore are still murdering people too.

25 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

The immigration form that you fill in on the plane says "Warning: Death penalty for drug smugglers".

I quickly discarded my packet of Lemsip just in case.

The only country Howard Marks wouldn't smuggle weed through. Perhaps it does work as a deterrent...

14 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

You can request a firing squad in Mississippi, Utah and Oklahoma. 

I think if I had to choose it would be a firing squad, I doubt there would be time for the pain to kick in before you were dead. From what I've read about the other 2 options they sound horrendous, especially if the executioner gets it wrong. 

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I think if I had to choose it would be a firing squad, I doubt there would be time for the pain to kick in before you were dead. From what I've read about the other 2 options they sound horrendous, especially if the executioner gets it wrong. 

How would you feel getting matched out to the wall and getting the good out on etc? I don't fancy the pain but there are parts of the process I like even less.

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

How would you feel getting matched out to the wall and getting the good out on etc? I don't fancy the pain but there are parts of the process I like even less.

You're a bit garbled, but if I get what you mean, I'd rather walk in the sunlight towards the wall, have a last cigarette looking at the clouds drifting, then bang, rather than getting strapped to a chair or bed and have needles and straps sorted by shaking, underpaid functionaries, and wait not knowing how bad it will be. I realise the firing squad scenario might not match up to Dave Allen sketches.

Just now, welshbairn said:

You're a bit garbled, but if I get what you mean, I'd rather walk in the sunlight towards the wall, have a last cigarette looking at the clouds drifting, then bang, rather than getting strapped to a chair or bed and have needles and straps sorted by shaking, underpaid functionaries, and wait not knowing how bad it will be. I realise the firing squad scenario might not match up to Dave Allen sketches.

Fucking autocorrect, I should check it. Marched and hood put on.

I can't think of a way the prospect of my imminent, violent death could be arranged without upsetting me.

On 23/11/2020 at 12:07, welshbairn said: