Death penalty

welshbairn

All countries in Europe have abolished the death penalty except for 2. 

The 2 are Belarus under flaky dictator Lukashenko and Russia who haven't (officially) executed anyone since 1996 (you can argue Putin uses more oblique methods)

The biggest executors in the world are China and Iran. The US, Japan, Taiwan and South Korea are the only 1st World countries to retain it. Iran has executed 34 minors (under 18s) since 2013.

No idea it was on deathpenatly.org it seemed high but as they are the main campaigner against the death penalty I assume they haven't made it up. It could be that the death row inmates cost more to guard and keep before the get killed than it costs to look after regular lifers. 
Pretty sure only Lethal Injection, Lethal inhalation and electrocution are the ways used in the states.
We probably are a capitalist society just a very shit one.

Why should we believe them? They can’t even spell Death Penalty right.

53 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

The last public execution in Scotland was on Glasgow Green in 1865.

Two years later Queens Park were formed and Scottish football was born as the public looked for another grisly spectacle to watch instead of hanging.

Ye cannae beat a gid hinging.

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It's the lawyers' pay for all the appeals plus the extra high security for 30 odd years sometimes I'd imagine. Can't have people cheating old sparky by checking out early.

I'm against it but don't agree that we shouldn't have it because it's more expensive. Just because it's 18x more expensive in California doesn't mean it would be the same here. Maybe (probably) they have a justice system that does a great job of making lawyers rich.  How many appeals does someone need and how long does it need to take. 30 years is taking the piss.

3 hours ago, Raidernation said:

The cunting cuntbag of a cunthole that pointed a gun at one of my stepdaughters tonight fucking deserves the death penalty, if only to save him from being personally ripped apart but by bit by me!

No wonder you’re angry but didn’t you get battered by a flight of stairs recently?

A guy with a gun might be even more dangerous.

3 hours ago, Raidernation said:

The cunting cuntbag of a cunthole that pointed a gun at one of my stepdaughters tonight fucking deserves the death penalty, if only to save him from being personally ripped apart but by bit by me!

A horrible, horrible experience no doubt for both of you, but advocating for gun control rather than supporting the death penalty (that already exists widely there) might be a better a better response.