Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rhliston

The Binos v Elgin City

Recommended Posts

We welcome Elgin to Forthbank on Saturday in what should be an interesting game.

 

Can the Binos get another home win under their belts and continue to stay near the top or win Elgin after a decent start to the season surprise us and leave Forthbank with points.

 

Going to go for a home win for the Binos expect it to be tough but think we should get all 3 points to maintain our challenge near the top.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As with most games in this League difficult to predict. Not much between the teams. Recent form would suggest a home win but form disna usually count for much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am reminded of this fixture about 5 games into last season when Bikey gave us a really tough time. A defeat would leave us in a disappointing position at this stage and no Hester makes it particularly tricky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

As with most games in this League difficult to predict. Not much between the teams. Recent form would suggest a home win but form disna usually count for much.

Like your positivity, so early in the season too. Is Hester available? We have players out due to covid-19. So waters are mudded further. Only a mug would predict.

Home win.

SA fans think we have good live-streaming. I agree.  Another yardstick to beat each other with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elgin gave us a right hiding in the League Cup. Depending which three players we're missing, a draw might not be a bad result today.

Also want to take this chance to say to the Elgin fans to enjoy getting to games in the next few weeks. I'm jealous as f*ck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

Like your positivity, so early in the season too. Is Hester available? We have players out due to covid-19. So waters are mudded further. Only a mug would predict.

Home win.

SA fans think we have good live-streaming. I agree.  Another yardstick to beat each other with.

Hester's suspended after two more stupid yellows v Queen's Park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Good chance for others to stake their claim. Josh Peters to score?

Very good player who was never given the chance.  We are starting to play decent football and similar to Elgin, like to attack and play open football.

2-2 

It's a big game for both teams.  Top 4 is our aim.  I think we may just have enough this year.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad game but happy to be in front. The most interesting thing about that half was noticing the canoes in bottom right corner; why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, afca32 said:

Bad game but happy to be in front. The most interesting thing about that half was noticing the canoes in bottom right corner; why?

It didn't improve second half either.  I see you noticed our landlord's canoe park, they get taken out for a paddle every so often.

Two pieces of criminal defending for Elgin's goals and fluke of the season for ours. Went in like a rocket though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yaldi! Poor first half overall with very few chances but Stirling looked more dangerous. It was a poor penalty from Dingwall, not seen a replay but it looked nowhere near the corner, but a great header by Bronsky.

Their goal was a definite cross and you can't do much about that. Our response was excellent, a lovely cross by MacBeath (I think) and Sopel wanted it more than the defender. Some of us fans (none moreso than myself) have questioned his presence in the team at times and he's missed quite a few big chances this year so I'm delighted he's taken one. He seemed to get a real boost from it and his work rate and attacking intent lifted as the game wore on.

Not a particularly good game but a delightful 3 points after a very tough run of games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good 3 points on the road from a game we just about shaded. Overall two poor teams on the day. On the plus side I thought we defended well as a team, which has been a feature this season, goal apart, which was suicidal defending all round. Don’t think we will be a real top end team until we learn to look after the ball better and we find some better quality out wide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly, congrats to Elgin fc. a good three points from an away fixture.

Secondly, my my apologies to any viewer whom were offend by the use of  inappropriate  language during the broadcast. Fascinating and interesting afternoon should not and will not be tolerated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dumb yatt said:

Firstly, congrats to Elgin fc. a good three points from an away fixture.

Secondly, my my apologies to any viewer whom were offend by the use of  inappropriate  language during the broadcast. Fascinating and interesting afternoon should not and will not be tolerated. 

I really don't get the constant apologising about bad language going on during all these closed door games, there's not going to be a single person watching that hasn't experienced hearing1000x worse stuff from the pitch, sidelines and terraces while watching their team in person. 

Edited by MorayCup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MorayCup said:

I really don't get the constant apologising about bad language going on during all these closed door games, there's not going to be a single person watching that hasn't experienced hearing1000x worse stuff from the pitch, sidelines and terraces while watching their team in person. 

On Sky, BT Sports etc. it's done to satisfy Ofcom.

Why it happens anywhere else is beyond me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...