St Johnstone v Motherwell, 21/11/20

Content with a point as we didn't do enough to win the game. If we'd lost it, it would have been crushing. 

As a team, we are doing fine and there is plenty to he happy about but individuals need to step up in the final third. There were more men in the box today, for example, but the crossing or final pass consistently wasn't good enough. 

As a coach, Callum Davidson is showing up well, his team understand his system and execute it well and it works but we need to see more quality from the front three. You wouldn't overly criticise their performances today but I think the three starters have the ability there to produce better in the key moments and, as a manager, he has to coax that out of them. 

Should be a good cup tie next weekend. 

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I've woken up in some parallel universe where fans of a Stephen Robinson team feel entitled to complain about a few 'robust' challenges.

"Fucking thugs" 

Bunch of greeting faced muppets. 

The levels of delusion from fans of a club in recent times that have had the likes of Bowman, Main & Donnelly is hilarious. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Not sure what to write anymore, just feel that I'm repeating what we've all being saying for the last 4 months. It's all good until we get to the finals third then we constantly choose the wrong option.

Not even sure how to change it. With the exception of Melamed who obviously isn't ready, there isn't really an option that would improve our problems. And you can't really rip up a shape that's dominating most games and clearly has been worked hard on.

I felt like we should have brought on any two of Kane, Hendry and Melamed for Spoony and May when Motherwell brought Lamie on. We left it too late to do much when Kane did come on. He did well outside the box and worked it wide but who was there to hit? I’d rather have had Hendry on at the same time to offer that option or alternatively Melamed to see if he could offer something different. May was done and Wotherspoon had become ineffective by that point.

8 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I've woken up in some parallel universe where fans of a Stephen Robinson team feel entitled to complain about a few 'robust' challenges.

We are all about the silky stuff, didn’t see it today

5 hours ago, ropy said:

I’ve reconciled the fact that I would have driven to this, paid £20+, bought a pie and sat in the cold versus a higher than average £17.50 on the couch with a drink. It sort of balances out.

Although twice in the past two years Burrows has been outside giving away comps to a lucky few fans and I took full advantage, if he wants to pass me his credit card details for this one it will be like old times.

I have rechecked my reconciliation, not worth it

This'll sound weird, but I think you're in a good place if your only issues are the strikers making poor choices in games youre drawing.

We're controlling games more than I can ever remember under TW, and literally all thats lacking is the final touch. 30 crosses today, but it felt like they were willing to try and link play more even when wide, and the cross was the obvious option when it was crossed. 

I think it'll come. Melamed could maybe be that wee bit extra quality we need around the box, or MOH could hit a long overdue run of form etc., and we'll be flying.

Bit weird but a lot comes down to luck in terms of timing. We could even hit a run of form against teams who hand us goals.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

This'll sound weird, but I think you're in a good place if your only issues are the strikers making poor choices in games youre drawing.

We're controlling games more than I can ever remember under TW, and literally all thats lacking is the final touch. 30 crosses today, but it felt like they were willing to try and link play more even when wide, and the cross was the obvious option when it was crossed. 

I think it'll come. Melamed could maybe be that wee bit extra quality we need around the box, or MOH could hit a long overdue run of form etc., and we'll be flying.

Bit weird but a lot comes down to luck in terms of timing. We could even hit a run of form against teams who hand us goals.

Who is this Melamed that is being mentioned, a recent signing?

Just now, ropy said:

Who is this Melamed that is being mentioned, a recent signing?

An Israeli league winner who signed for us ahead of Portuguese/Polish sides this Summer.

Made his debut v Peterhead and ballered up, but we're saving him for the second half of the season title push it seems. Wear down defences with Kane in 2020, unleash Melamed in 2021.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

An Israeli league winner who signed for us ahead of Portuguese/Polish sides this Summer.

Made his debut v Peterhead and ballered up, but we're saving him for the second half of the season title push it seems. Wear down defences with Kane in 2020, unleash Melamed in 2021.

Look forward to seeing him

21 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Do you remember when we used to call players dirty?

To be fair you could not beat us at home despite us losing 2 midfielders and one of our best players a few hours before kick off. That and Mugabi challenging like a slow WWF wrestler in the box. He has come on a bit but is still prone to that kind of sh1t. 

More angry at Hamilton and Ross County losing to two teams around about us having been ahead or having a one man advantage for most of the game. Fkin diddies. 

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fair play, I personally think that's an incredibly positive spin to put on it.  Still hoping our luck will change at home when after 2 more we'll have played more than half our home league fixtures.  Time will tell I guess.

I think this formation looks good for matches against OF and away from home.  Wouldn't be surprised to see us get a decent result at Easter Road this midweek.