St Johnstone v Motherwell, 21/11/20

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Where have I said anything about it "being closer to matchday pricing"?

St Johnstones sole reasoning for the pricing seems to be to make sure that season ticket holders, who purchased tickets before this season had even been clarified, weren't going to be "out of pocket" compared to PPV customers. 

You can all bitch/scream/mewl all you want, but its incredible anyone can criticise a club for that approach. 

As for the "lower prices brings more income" argument, that's been proven as false throughout the multiple "pay what you want" events held in Scottish football over the years.

You don’t get it. I could not give 2 f*cks why St Johnstone have priced the way they have. 

I would have liked to watch the game today but will not because it is £17.50. So say what u like but that pricing is stopping many Motherwell fans from wanting to pay to see their team. 

So I will moan and suspect many others will also from other teams apart from probably Livi. You better get used to it RG cause I fear a meltdown if u have to past multiple times each home match thread. I guess you can just copy and paste from this one and save u some time.....

Edited by welldaft

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

On the plus side it means that more of the squad who have trained together for two weeks will play today

Get to see how we fare without our midfield maestro. See if Crawford is any good. 

A bit of a bummer and it was inevitable it would catch up. Be worse if it was our two Scotland senior squad players. 

We're writing a strongly worded letter...

Allan Campbell and Barry Maguire are required to miss our match with St Johnstone due to Covid-19 protocols.

We were informed shortly after 11am on Saturday morning by the Scottish FA that the pair are required to self-isolate, as a result of three members of the Scotland Under 21 squad testing positive for the virus.

Both Allan and Barry tested negative when they were tested by Motherwell FC on their return to Fir Park on Wednesday.

However, the Scottish FA have informed us that due to the seating arrangements on flights and buses in Greece, our players are required to isolate under trace and protect procedures.

We were first notified of the potential need to exclude Allan and Barry at 9:30pm on Friday night. They will now be obliged to isolate for 14 days.

As a result of what has happened, we will write to the Scottish FA on a number of points on which we believe urgent answers are required.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

We're writing a strongly worded letter...

Thats farcical, and not the first time the SFA have fucked up. They had to abandon an U19 fixture a few weeks back halfway through due to late confirmation of a positive test.

Wait, they were only told at 11am today? God this is a fucked up situation. How can we trust the SFA with any international games going forward? Even with the vaccines and all i believe all clubs will be extremely reluctent to allow player to play it the internationals early next year.

Edited by Phillips455

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Which is what we're forced to explain at every home game when opposition fans spend more time complaining about the pricing than talking about the game.

You are not forced to explain anything..You ( as a compulsive responder ) choose to respond. 

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

I'd be fairly pissed off if I was a Motherwell supporter over the situation and late notice.  If it's  any consolation we played a vastly weakened Aberdeen team their first game back after their covidpubgate and we were dogshite and lost.

The Scotland international set ups hatred of all things St Johnstone finally works in our favour.  

Regarding pricing, I wouldn't want to pay £17.50 for a St Johnstone v Motherwell routine league game, and probably wouldn't do so. However, as a season ticket holder who paid over £300, if other Saints fans could pick and choose their games at a cheaper price each week I would feel well cheated.  I don't know what the answer is, other than there should be an agreement that all non-OF team season ticket holders should get a reduced PPV rate for all their away matches.