St Johnstone v Motherwell, 21/11/20

Two teams that look increasingly destined for mid-table acceptability this season.

Both have improved form over their last few league matches, though Saints have only scored 2 goals at home in 7 league games so far.  I used to think of Motherwell at home as being a fairly routine 3 points, but they've beaten us at McDiarmid the past couple of seasons.

Hopefully international superstar Ali McCann is fully recovered from gallivanting round Europe and destroying all who stood in his path, whilst Motherwell will be hoping their two journeymen defenders return from international duty able to once more display their primitive football skills.

Alan Campbell is in the top 3 non-OF centre midfielders in the league, look forward to seeing him play against us.

First goals the winner.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Two teams that look increasingly destined for mid-table acceptability this season.

Both have improved form over their last few league matches, though Saints have only scored 2 goals at home in 7 league games so far.  I used to think of Motherwell at home as being a fairly routine 3 points, but they've beaten us at McDiarmid the past couple of seasons.

Hopefully international superstar Ali McCann is fully recovered from gallivanting round Europe and destroying all who stood in his path, whilst Motherwell will be hoping their two journeymen defenders return from international duty able to once more display their primitive football skills.

Alan Campbell is in the top 3 non-OF centre midfielders in the league, look forward to seeing him play against us.

First goals the winner.

Agree, there's only one goal in this and the winner wins to nil. Just hope it's not Tony Watt. 

Zander

Dan  Kerr  Gordon  McCart  Tanser

Ali  Muzz

Conway  May Spoony

.... is most likely. Bryson for McCann if the internationals have goosed him. 

If we get good Wotherspoon I think we'll take the points. If we get bad Wotherspoon I'd be tempted to let Stevie drift left and try Melamed in the middle (Declan Gallagher doesn't seem to like playing against Israeli strikers much).  

I don't think for one second CD will do this, probably for very sound reasons. 

7 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

My default prediction for these games of late St Johnstone winner,2-1 feels like it's right more often than its wrong.

Tempting fate but we haven’t conceded to a Scottish diddy team since 22 August.

7 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

My default prediction for these games of late St Johnstone winner,2-1 feels like it's right more often than its wrong.

St. Johnstone... to score 2 goals in a game against a side that isn't part time or Hamilton? 🤣🤣

Only managed that on one other occasion so wouldnt expect your prediction to come true. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

14 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I'd like to see us bring Jordan Archer for Aaron Chapman in goals for this one and persist with Mark O'Hara at centre half despite Lamie and Mugabi's returns to fitness. Other than that our team picks itself.

Aye, my fear is that we chuck either Mugabi or Lamie back in because they're available.

Archer in for the Pieman and assuming everyone's fit the outfield 10 stay the same.

Archer
O'Donnell O'Hara Gallagher McGinley
Campbell Maguire Polworth
Lang Watt Cole

As always, I’m praying this is the week we actually start scoring. Or maybe even just get a massive slice of luck with the opposition keeper chucking one in or something.

Suspect we’ll be back to a familiar line up (barring injuries) with Conway/Spoony alongside May, McCann and Davidson centrally and the usual back five in front of Clark. Interested to see Melamed at some point hopefully. He had some decent touches against Peterhead albeit in horrendous conditions to make any real judgement on him.

LINEUP111605894459013.thumb.png.a020d38177469ff6a510b4ea8439074e.png

For me. May isn't going to win headers v Gallagher etc., so having Conway spend 90 minutes pumping balls into the box isn't a good gameplay IMO.

If McCann isn't right then Bryson goes in there.