Livy v St Mirren 21/11/2020

14 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
2 hours ago, flyingscot said:
That tackle from Holt is horrible. No idea how Collum misses that, clear red card. 

It was right in front of the fourth official though so surely one of them must've seen it?

Honestly, Collum spotting Shaughnessy's challenge was such a rare example of a 4th official intervening like that. I don't expect to see it happening again. Maddeningly inconsistent.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Honestly, Collum spotting Shaughnessy's challenge was such a rare example of a 4th official intervening like that. I don't expect to see it happening again. Maddeningly inconsistent.

He is still getting picked by UEFA for Europa and Nations League games this season, god knows how they pick them. I’ve got a suspicion that getting to the top in the refereeing game is 50% how you perform on the pitch and 50% how friendly you are with whoever is grading you. I know Kenny Clark is involved with the SFA taking to do with the officials. Obviously Hugh Dallas aswell, who is the only reason Andrew Dallas is consistently refereeing games in our top flight instead of the Glasgow District U12s league where he actually belongs. 

What a surprise. Sportscene don't even mention Holts red card tackle. You can bet your arse if it was against one of the arse cheeks it would be highlighted. Collum and Sportscene are as bad as each other. 

8 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

St. Mirren fans need to get over that clear red card from Shaughnessy and enjoy their Saturday evenings / Sunday mornings imvho.

To be fair, nobody's denying it was a clear red card. It's the lack of similar intervention in other games that's more troubling, along with Collum's incredible eyesight deserting him when he actually referees our games.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

To be fair, nobody's denying it was a clear red card. It's the lack of similar intervention in other games that's more troubling, along with Collum's incredible eyesight deserting him when he actually referees our games.

Aye, Collum so far this season has managed to miss one of the most blatant penalties you'll ever see, missed the ball being punched in the net in the same game, missed a blatant red card today and managed to get one of our players sent off from the sideline. He's not doing us many favours this season, and I honestly think we have a right to be a bit pissed off at the way he's conducted himself in our matches.

Holt's challenge was strong, I thought it was definitely a foul, probably a yellow. His foot was high but I thought he went in with the side of his foot rather than his studs towards Mason. I'd have felt aggrieved if a St Mirren player had been sent off for that. 

The 3 points were the most important thing and I think we just about deserved it. We were fairly solid at the back, although Livingston offered little up front. 

Edited: I just saw the tackle again on twitter. Definite red. It was really bad actually, dunno how I missed it the first time round. 

Edited by houston_bud