Livy v St Mirren 21/11/2020

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Of course stills make it worse, very little to nothing wrong with the tackle. Thought St Mirren fans would be happier after a win ffs :D 

The gripe is with Collum's staggering lack of consistency. The Joe Shaughnessy red card was very similar in that he won the ball, caught the opponent with his follow through and no foul was given. Collum wasn't even the ref, he was 4th official and it was on his advice that the Ref produced the red card.

As has been shown in the streamable video above, Collum had an unobstructed view of Holt's challenge where he wins the ball but his follow through almost snaps Mason's leg at the ankle. 

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

The gripe is with Collum's staggering lack of consistency. The Joe Shaughnessy red card was very similar in that he won the ball, caught the opponent with his follow through and no foul was given. Collum wasn't even the ref, he was 4th official and it was on his advice that the Ref produced the red card.

As has been shown in the streamable video above, Collum had an unobstructed view of Holt's challenge where he wins the ball but his follow through almost snaps Mason's leg at the ankle. 

To be fair, that could be the line where you deem the tackle having excessive force. I can't remember if Mason went off or not but it doesn't seem to have had much of an effect on him past 5/10 minutes

58 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He won the ball, studs down. It's folk mad because he could've gotten hurt. 

Nothing wrong with it, just a hard tackle where Holt won the ball - at a push it's a yellow if given but it's not even a foul

Defend the indefensible.

I’d expect that from a club that has screwed local businesses twice through administration and now employ a former drug courier. Shameful.

I sincerely hope you get relegated and go bust this time. 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Nothing wrong with it, just a hard tackle where Holt won the ball - at a push it's a yellow if given but it's not even a foul

I honestly hope this is trolling otherwise I can only guess you have never played the game. He was wound up and tried to do someone, we’ve all been there but let’s not pretend it’s a good tackle. 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Nothing wrong with it...

ZNxUBTK.png

The thing is, it's not like we are even having a go at Holt for it. Well I'm not anyway, just a fucking messy tackle that should have been punished that wasn't. What rustles my jimmies is how Collum either misses the tackle through him doing his job badly or considers no action should be taken, again through him doing his job badly, yet a few months ago he couldn't be quicker to intervene as 4th official when there was less of a tackle by Shaughnessy demanding he be red carded.

As I say, it not really about Livi or Holt, it's about Collum.

Edited by Ric

Only just saw the highlights for the first time, and even before the new rules that’s s straight red all day.

As others have said though it’s Collum’s inconsistency that irks.

We were 1-0 up against Ross County and on track for 3 wins out of the first 4 games (the other being a loss at Ibrox).

Shaunnessy puts in a tackle that the ref didn’t think was even a foul, but Collum has his eagle eyes on that day and (correctly) spots a follow through that catches Stewart. Shaunessy goes off, we draw that game and embark on a series of narrow defeats.

One of which has Collum as the ref where he misses a clear penalty for Saints AND a Hibs player punching in the decisive goal.

Oh, and speaking of penalties, have we had one this season?

Seemed to be giving them out like confetti in the other top flight games this week.

16 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Holt rightly banned for two games. Now, how do we get Collum right to f**k?

I can think of a few ways of getting rid of Collum, but unfortunately none are within the laws of this country. 

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Holt rightly banned for two games. Now, how do we get Collum right to f**k?

I'm sure that his superiors will see the number of times he's fucked up this season and take appropriate action.<_<

On 22/11/2020 at 20:35, ATLIS said:

On 22/11/2020 at 21:15, ATLIS said:

Of course stills make it worse, very little to nothing wrong with the tackle. Thought St Mirren fans would be happier after a win ffs :D 

2060539317_Screenshot_20201125-18243801.thumb.png.911d6a43d020922a48ce3c4ad6a30f14.png

218249193_imageproxy(26).gif.88e13e4ba84691572c0a035b637a14d1.gif

3 minutes ago, alang1993 said:

2060539317_Screenshot_20201125-18243801.thumb.png.911d6a43d020922a48ce3c4ad6a30f14.png

218249193_imageproxy(26).gif.88e13e4ba84691572c0a035b637a14d1.gif

Still don't think it meets even 2 of the criteria to fit the ban and would've been overturned if we had the money to appeal it tbh.

Doesn't have intent to injure, doesn't injure, is in control of the tackle. The only one it hits is the possibility to injure, which can be any tackle tbh. Hard tackle, other way around and St Mirren fans are defending it imo

How many times.

We are more annoyed that Collum didn't even give a foul for it than the actual tackle, which was a shocker.

Shaughnessy was sent off rightfully (by Collum as a 4th official) for a tackle that he clearly won the ball too, but followed through at a dangerous height that could have injured Ross Stewart.