Livy v St Mirren 21/11/2020

14 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

Home support apathy might have stopped anyone starting this thread but it’s happening so let’s go, any goal from saints would be welcome, someone’s going to get it and hopefully it’s on Saturday 

Call me optimistic, but I definitely think it's a case of when - not if - we eventually score another league goal this season.

12 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Not quite must win but a win would put us 1 point behind with 3 games in hand. Table would look a lot rosier

Definitely. If we are to make anything of this season,  these are the games we need to be winning. 

Would like to see us start both Mullin and Forrest in this one. Jet performed much better albeit against Airdrie so would imagine he'll keep his place. Sounds like Stryjek and Tiffoney will be back for this one which gives Holt a headache for the keeper...although i'd imagine McCrorie will come back in given Max hasn't trained for 2 weeks.

McCrorie

Devlin - Efe - Guthrie - Serrano

Sibbald - Holt

Mullin - Pittman - Forrest

Jet

We have the option of Poplatnik/Tiffoney off the bench if in need of a goal as well as Bartley/Brown/ATS if we need to tighten the defence up a bit

12 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Do Livi charge £20 for every away support to stream? A bit pricey.

Every game...home supporters that haven't already bought a season ticket pay the same. The decision was made to maintain the value of a season ticket so they weren't undercutting the price with PPV

3 hours ago, Munoz said:

Definitely. If we are to make anything of this season,  these are the games we need to be winning. 

Both sets of fans viewing this in pretty much the same light, as I would say the exact same thing as you regards our chances and any hopes for the season.

Any win at all would do me, wouldn't be my first pick but sincerely hoping that Emmanuel-Thomas breaking his duck last weekend opens the floodgates up a wee bit. A goal for him and a clean sheet would be a massive boost and give us a good springboard into the next couple of games.

36 minutes ago, Afro said:

Both sets of fans viewing this in pretty much the same light, as I would say the exact same thing as you regards our chances and any hopes for the season.

Any win at all would do me, wouldn't be my first pick but sincerely hoping that Emmanuel-Thomas breaking his duck last weekend opens the floodgates up a wee bit. A goal for him and a clean sheet would be a massive boost and give us a good springboard into the next couple of games.

Our next few fixtures are

St Mirren (H)

Ayr united (H) Betfred Cup

Dundee United (H)

St Johnstone (A)

A win here could hopefully push us on to a few more good results before we welcome Celtic to the Spaghettihad. Can see this game potentially being the turning point in our season like the Killie game last season

I believe we're at the stage where this, and the Hamilton and Motherwell games in hand are going to make or break Jim.

Couldn’t agree more. In some ways I feel sorry for Goodwin as a lot of the problems are out with his control. A win will cheer everyone up considerably

It's been a while since I was this down about St Mirren, tbh. It's probably more a reflection of my general state of mind, to be fair, but Saints are singularly failing to provide any entertainment or escapism.

Please, Goodwin: start Connolly, ditch the back three and get some midfielders in and about the final third.

I want a 4-2-3-1.

Tait - Fraser - McCarthy - Mason

------Erhahon - Doyle-Hayes ---------

McAllister - Macpherson - Connolly

---------------- Obika --------------

With the wide men given absolute license to attack that fucking box at every opportunity. I'sd quite like to see Cammy in a more advanced role, too, as I think he can play in tight pockets of space and pick out a pass.

Of course, we're actually going to get a 3-5-2 with a full back at RWB, a number 10 at LWB, two other fullbacks in the middle of defence, and two non-complementary strikers up top. 👍