Killie vs County 21/11

A 3-1 pumping away to Kilmarnock would be a dire result in normal circumstances, but it's unforgivable when they are down to 10 men for pretty much the entire game.

We are very lucky that there are a couple of teams just as bad as us at the moment, we might not be so lucky by the time May rolls around.

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

Jeezo.  Incredible amount of brain farts. Doesn't seem like he'll ever be able to sort that out.

That's six just from this season alone. I can't remember if he managed to give away any last season.

He briefly looked half decent when Iacovitti first arrived, it's all been downhill since though.

That's six just from this season alone. I can't remember if he managed to give away any last season.
He briefly looked half decent when Iacovitti first arrived, it's all been downhill since though.
He's surely not given away 6 penalties before the end of November? That's incredible if true.

A great result given we played the vast majority of the game with ten men. The referee was awful and pedantic to the point where I was becoming enraged at almost every decision he made, and the mark of a good refereeing performance is not noticing the ref at all. In any case I was wondering where the goals were coming from when we went in at HT not long after the equaliser, but things worked out in the end. I thought it was a bit of a soft penalty but Kabamba took it well and Burke's goal was as classy as they come, the dummy before he aimed the ball into the postage stamp was perfect. At HT I'd have taken off Kabamba instead of Brophy but it's good to get both strikers scoring. I feel that this result probably papered over some cracks for us, but tonight I'll be happy to have a drink to the three points and smile about it. Next week is a must-win too if we're to stay afloat in the middle of the league which is becoming ever more competitive, plus a win would also put Accies that wee bit closer to the trapdoor so no complaints there.

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Bizarre that you lot went for Donaldson instead of McCart. 

Can we class him as a patter signing like Tremarco?

10 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

A great result given we played the vast majority of the game with ten men. The referee was awful and pedantic to the point where I was becoming enraged at almost every decision he made, and the mark of a good refereeing performance is not noticing the ref at all. In any case I was wondering where the goals were coming from when we went in at HT not long after the equaliser, but things worked out in the end. I thought it was a bit of a soft penalty but Kabamba took it well and Burke's goal was as classy as they come, the dummy before he aimed the ball into the postage stamp was perfect. At HT I'd have taken off Kabamba instead of Brophy but it's good to get both strikers scoring. I feel that this result probably papered over some cracks for us, but tonight I'll be happy to have a drink to the three points and smile about it. Next week is a must-win too if we're to stay afloat in the middle of the league which is becoming ever more competitive, plus a win would also put Accies that wee bit closer to the trapdoor so no complaints there.

Nah, it wasn't a soft penalty. Donaldson takes a heavy touch then just swipes and hits the Killie lad. Penalty all day long.

Rogers makes a great save at one end, we go up the park and score a great goal at the other.

These fine margins have typified our season so far as on many other occasions recently they have gone against us.

We deserved the rub of the green today, and hopefully the fans will get off Dyer's back after this, his tactics and substitutions worked out.

KTID.

1 minute ago, Comrie said:

Nah, it wasn't a soft penalty. Donaldson takes a heavy touch then just swipes and hits the Killie lad. Penalty all day long.

Maybe I was just annoyed at the ref for a load of fouls he gave for both teams that other refs would never have awarded on account of them being too soft. I also forgot in the moment of getting a penalty that it was Donaldson who conceded it, his record of late is atrocious.

1 minute ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Maybe I was just annoyed at the ref for a load of fouls he gave for both teams that other refs would never have awarded on account of them being too soft. I also forgot in the moment of getting a penalty that it was Donaldson who conceded it, his record of late is atrocious.

95% of the time, Donaldson is a decent centre half. The other 5% he's a liability. Those margins will kill you when you're struggling.

5 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Can we class him as a patter signing like Tremarco?

Class him as what you like, you'll concede a tonne with Donaldson playing. Too good for the Championship, sure, but he's got a tonne of mistakes in him. 

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Class him as what you like, you'll concede a tonne with Donaldson playing. Too good for the Championship, sure, but he's got a tonne of mistakes in him. 

Yeah, that's fair.

FWIW, at their best Donaldson is better than McCart, but McCart is a solid 6-7 every week, whereas Donaldson has too many shite the bed moments.