Killie vs County 21/11

I thought Dyer got it spot on yesterday, he didn't rush into making changes after the red card,taking off Brophy was the right decision even though it was a shame as he looked right up for it. 

Dicker was great keeping everyone organised when County were in the ascendancy in the first half. 

Tish worked his arse off the entire game - delighted that he's showing what he's capable of after being quite a frustrating player to watch in his previous spells with us. 

I was critical of McGowan when his old man was talking sh*t on social media but fair f*cks to him, he looked good and fitter than he did earlier in the season. 

Haunstrup also looked very comfortable, good to have options in those positions. 

Pinnock had by far his best game in a Killie shirt, i always thought he looked reluctant to try anything, he would usually take a touch then pass it straight back to the full back but yesterday he actually took some chances and tried to beat his man and we benefited from it. 

Great save from Rogers, he's another player who has improved. 

Kabamba just gets better and better he did so much tracking back in the first half and led the line brilliantly in the 2nd half - really nice skill in the first half when he controlled the ball then fell down and managed a lovely back heel flick out to the full back. 

And Burke is an awesome little genius of a player, i was screaming for him to play in Rory... Glad he ignored me. 

What a finish that was from Burke.

I always had the impression he was an inconsistent player but he seems to have been great for Killie. 

Is he playing the best football of his career in his twilight years or was he always underrated?

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

40 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I always had the impression he was an inconsistent player but he seems to have been great for Killie. 

Is he playing the best football of his career in his twilight years or was he always underrated?

I'll be honest I haven't followed his career that closely but Killie seems like a perfect fit for him, he wasn't an instant success with us but has certainly found his rhythm in the last couple of seasons, good to have an older player playing well as it can show the younger players at Killie what is possible if you work hard and look after yourself. 

3 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

You won't hear a bad word about Burkey from any Killie fan, he's been fantastic for us.

The time he had away from playing when suffering from that mystery virus has no doubt helped prolong his career.

He's mentioned several times in interview the love him and his entire family have for the club, which can only help to.

PS..... His son is on our youth academy books and is apparently a chip of the old block, maybe one for the future?