Queen's Park v Brechin City

14 hours ago, qpfc said:

Was an absolute stroll from the first to the last minute. Was really good to see us play at a high intensity for 90 minutes instead of sitting back 2nd half. Thought Quitongo was absolutely outstanding, had the left back on toast all game and was involved heavily for every goal. Even more pleasing that we produced this performance without Grant, Slater and Murray. Delighted to see Mchugh finally get off the mark, thought he looked a lot more involved with play and got in some really good positions to score, hopefully he can kick on now. 

Cant praise the performances of Carroll enough, guy is everything you want in a holding midfielder, plus his range of passing is terrific. You can see why he’s got some sort of pedigree down south 

4 points clear at the top now after 5 games, results went our way today across the league and yet to still concede a goal. Really exciting times 

I do worry for Brechin, lots of effort but the quality was non existent. Still can’t get my head around how they appointed a guy with no managerial experience, never mind on a 3 year deal. 

Did you field your reserves?

That was an enjoyable game to watch (unless you are a Brechin fan). I almost felt sorry for the Brechin left back.

It was the 1st home game I’ve watched this season and I thought the coverage was brilliant. 

I wasn't too sure when I saw the line up with a few players out and three up front which looked a bit wild but it worked a treat as their left side just couldn't handle Quitongo's pace and trickery.  We've been crying out for some entertaining football and he provided it.  Love Carroll in the midfield, always looking to get on the ball, drives us forward, gets wired right in and has a great range of passing. Unfortunate for Gillespie who has done well but Carroll looks another level imo. Good to see McHugh get his goal but can't help feel it was a real opportunity for him ( and Baynham) to get more. Think Murray is a shoe in when he gets fully fit.

Happy days though indeed. Clear at the top and starting to "catch fire" as Mr T said on the Friday night telly  

Edited by Mick1867

19 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

I wasn't too sure when I saw the line up with a few players out and three up front which looked a bit wild but it worked a treat as their left side just couldn't handle Quitongo's pace and trickery.  We've been crying out for some entertaining football and he provided it.  Love Carroll in the midfield, always looking to get on the ball, drives us forward, gets wired right in and has a great range of passing. Unfortunate for Gillespie who has done well but Carroll looks another level imo. Good to see McHugh get his goal but can't help feel it was a real opportunity for him ( and Baynham) to get more. Think Murray is a shoe in when he gets fully fit.

Happy days though indeed. Clear at the top and starting to "catch fire" as Mr T said on the Friday night telly  

Agreed, Carroll has been the stand out player since he joined.

I thought QP were excellent on Saturday. Loads of flare, pace and aggression to drive into the box. It's not easy to get it over the line when the box is packed.  

Quitongo the stand out MOTM for me. Carroll looks like good business too.

McLean done ever so well when he came on to set McHugh up a few times. Delighted Bob is off the mark but he had so many opportunities on Saturday. I fancy Murray to come in and start scoring consistently. Not conceding a goal in 5 games is staggering. I'd like us to play that attacking outfit every game at Hampden, regardless of the opposition.  We go again against Stenny!

I'd like us to play that attacking outfit every game at Hampden, regardless of the opposition.  We go again against Stenny!

I like that we've used the full size of the Hampden pitch to our advantage
Plenty of switches of play and attacking threat from Gault McLean Quitongo plus Robson and Doyle [emoji106]