Queen's Park v Brechin City

Back to League action with two home games against City and Stenny.  I've been impressed with how we've dug in at Stirling, Stranraer and Elgin when all three of them looked pretty handy, but we need to be banging in goals.  Hanging on in there a goal up is no good for my wimpy heart.  Hopefully we see something of Simon Murray.  

These are the fixtures we must go and win if we’re to win the league, hopefully we see a few goals but at the end of the day 3 points is all that matters.  
Interesting to see how we lineup, would be tempted to go for a midfield trio of Carroll, slater and McGlinchey followed by McLean, Baynham and Quitongo in attack. Really hoping to see Murray on the bench, would give everyone a boost throughout the squad I imagine

In over 60 years of watching QP I have come to never expect anything but I would be mightily disappointed if we did not control and win this game comfortably. I think the bench is the best hope for Simon Murray but great to hear of his performance this week. I think it is time to give McHugh a rest but believe he will be important for us as the season progresses. Carroll, Slater, McGlinchey has an awesome ring to it and I would always want McLean in my team.

I think the bench is the best hope for Simon Murray but great to hear of his performance this week. I think it is time to give McHugh a rest but believe he will be important for us as the season progresses. Carroll, Slater, McGlinchey has an awesome ring to it and I would always want McLean in my team.
We're not short of options which is a good place to be
McHugh desperately needs a goal don't think his general play has been too bad but I don't buy into the tightly marked in every game theory!

Quite happy we're back to league action on Saturday. I'm sure the cup games are fun when you can have a proper run at it. It was more a chance to get players minutes than anything else. 

I'd love 6 points from the next 2 fixtures considering December looks trickier on paper.  Cowden and Annan away are usually tough but even more so in the winter months. We're all aware what Edi City offer so 6 points from the next 2 would shape us up nicely for the December battles.

I expect a comfortable 3-0 display for the Spiders. Good luck Queen's.

Edited by QPSpider1867

1 hour ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Quite happy we're back to league action on Saturday. I'm sure the cup games are fun when you can have a proper run at it. It was more a chance to get players minutes than anything else. 

I'd love 6 points from the next 2 fixtures considering December looks trickier on paper.  Cowden and Annan away are usually tough but even more so in the winter months. We're all aware what Edi City offer so 6 points from the next 2 would shape us up nicely for the December battles.

I expect a comfortable 3-0 display for the Spiders. Good luck Queen's.

After having a peak at the fixture list for Saturday, I fancy a draw for Edi City at home to Stranraer. Perhaps a similar story for Stirling v Elgin too. We may start to stretch from the pack if we get results this month. :) 

Brechin very much a free hit at the moment unfortunately. All the same QP starting to gel fully as a squad. With Slater and Grant out today, and Murray yet to feature, everyone looking very sharp now, and Quitongo unplayable in parts. I wasn't convinced with Lyon at first, but last few games he's got up to speed and looks very effective. Carrol my MOTM for last three games now.

Was an absolute stroll from the first to the last minute. Was really good to see us play at a high intensity for 90 minutes instead of sitting back 2nd half. Thought Quitongo was absolutely outstanding, had the left back on toast all game and was involved heavily for every goal. Even more pleasing that we produced this performance without Grant, Slater and Murray. Delighted to see Mchugh finally get off the mark, thought he looked a lot more involved with play and got in some really good positions to score, hopefully he can kick on now. 

Cant praise the performances of Carroll enough, guy is everything you want in a holding midfielder, plus his range of passing is terrific. You can see why he’s got some sort of pedigree down south 

4 points clear at the top now after 5 games, results went our way today across the league and yet to still concede a goal. Really exciting times 

I do worry for Brechin, lots of effort but the quality was non existent. Still can’t get my head around how they appointed a guy with no managerial experience, never mind on a 3 year deal. 

Only minor complaint would be that we could have scored another couple, but it was a cigar and slippers job from the start. Pleased to see McHugh getting off the mark and Quitongo was outstanding. Thought there was some really nice passages of play from us at times. Brilliant for Wullie Muir to get the clean sheet record as well. Four point gap opened, unbeaten and no goals conceded. Happy days.