Stenhousemuir vs Annan

I'm hopeful going into this game. Discounting the recent two League Cup ties, where two much-changed Stenhousemuir sides lost to Livingston and Alloa Athletic, we've been in pretty decent form over the past few weeks. Our least league match, the 2-0 win over Edinburgh City, was probably the best performance I've seen a Stenny side in 12 months and if we can play with the same degree of intensity and application, I think we've got a very good chance of winning on Saturday. Tommy Muir's pressing was excellent and his forced the Citizens into playing long balls, none of which stuck, and allowed us to control the middle of the park. Providing everyone is fit and well, we should look to play the same XI:

- Botti Biabi - Tommy Muir - Greig Spence -

- Jack Hodge - Callum Tapping - Ryan Blair -

- Callum Yeats - Creag Little - Andy Munro - Jonathon Tiffoney -

- Paddy Martin -

I won't pretend to know too much about Annan Athletic but they appear inconsistent and can be got at.

Home win!

Always going to take a period of time to adapt moving from a wee team like Nanna to central Scotland's finest. I believe that period is now over and BTM will open his league account for us on Saturday.

Are Tiffoney and Little going to be available for this? I'll say 4-0 if they are only 2-0 if they are not.

I'm hopeful going into this game. Discounting the recent two League Cup ties, where two much-changed Stenhousemuir sides lost to Livingston and Alloa Athletic, we've been in pretty decent form over the past few weeks. Our least league match, the 2-0 win over Edinburgh City, was probably the best performance I've seen a Stenny side in 12 months and if we can play with the same degree of intensity and application, I think we've got a very good chance of winning on Saturday. Tommy Muir's pressing was excellent and his forced the Citizens into playing long balls, none of which stuck, and allowed us to control the middle of the park. Providing everyone is fit and well, we should look to play the same XI:

- Botti Biabi - Tommy Muir - Greig Spence -

- Jack Hodge - Callum Tapping - Ryan Blair -

- Callum Yeats - Creag Little - Andy Munro - Jonathon Tiffoney -

- Paddy Martin -

I won't pretend to know too much about Annan Athletic but they appear inconsistent and can be got at.
Home win!

I’m assuming tiffoney and little will be ruled out because of COVID.

Stenhousemuir looked to have improved after the shambles of a team that were relegated. Annan seem to be better playing away from galabank for whatever reason.

Think this will the normal bad tempered affair and going for a narrow 1-0 Annan win.

PS think Tommy Muir will score goals for you, just hope not today!

Always going to take a period of time to adapt moving from a wee team like Nanna to central Scotland's finest. I believe that period is now over and BTM will open his league account for us on Saturday.

[emoji651]️[emoji651]️[emoji651]️ [emoji13][emoji13][emoji13]

That was a disappointing afternoon. I think a draw might have been the fairer result - we certainly a lot of the ball but only occasionally did something worthwhile with it, while Annan Athletic had the better of the chances, and you really cannot fault their finishing. Max Wright's winning goal was well taken and laser-guided into the bottom corner. We've dropped points through last-minute goals twice now this season, a worrying trait after so few games played.

I think we're also seeing the perils of carrying such a small number of senior players. Jack Hodge was game at right-back but he didn't give us the same kind of thrust that Jonathan Tiffoney does down the wing, and I think we missed Tommy Muir clattering into people up front; Mark McGuigan isn't quite as mobile. Fielding Greig Spence as a midfielder didn't really work either. I think it was a case of sticking all our best available players out into some kind of formation and seeing what happened.

I thought Callum Tapping generally played well, and I though Botti Biabi would have been more dangerous if he was more direct, rather than trying to hold things up and slow the play down. His centre for McGuigan's goal was nice.

An opportunity missed, I reckon.