Tier 4 - Restrictions.

So today we host a team from North Fife, with players from Perthshire and Tayside as well as Fife. The referee is coming from Dumbarton, one of his assistants from Falkirk. Some of our players come from Glasgow and points in-between. None are tested and we entered a Level 4 lockdown yesterday.

If they tried similar journeys tomorrow, they could potentially be arrested.

None of it makes much sense to me.

Just now, Burnieman said:

So today we host a team from North Fife, with players from Perthshire and Tayside as well as Fife. The referee is coming from Dumbarton, one of his assistants from Falkirk. Some of our players come from Glasgow and points in-between. None are tested and we entered a Level 4 lockdown yesterday.

Blackburn are free to pull out and accept the relegation they were almost inevitably going to have received on the field of play if they had continued.

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Is it harming anyone playing?

See this article - Doubt there many better run non-league clubs than Bonnyrigg Rose and they acknowledged the frail position they could be in this season. 

The comments cannot be ignored and would apply to most other clubs at this level: 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/we-have-zero-income-bonnyrigg-rose-feel-fan-lock-out-could-cripple-chances-full-lowland-league-2999139

4 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I also know plenty of people that cross various local authorities in order to get to their place of work. Who would then be prevented from making the same journey for non-work related reasons.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

I also know plenty of people that cross various local authorities in order to get to their place of work. Who would then be prevented from making the same journey for non-work related reasons.

more whataboutery - is playing football at this level essential? No

3 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

more whataboutery - is playing football at this level essential? No

It's not whataboutery. It's exactly the same thing. Asking me if it's essential is meaningless though, as I didn't and don't have the authority to set the guidance. The SG deemed it so and since the SFA had to argue to include the non-league in the Professional Sport exemption then the SG should have an informed opinion on it.

33 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

My area manager is Glasgow my boss is Stirling and we are in Falkirk people will still move around 

39 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There was no wee white lie involved. EoS players sign the same professional registration forms that SPFL players do.

Most of the players in EoS are classed as amateur - they receive no more than their expenses. Many clubs are entirely amateur.

We all know that folk outside our wee world don't understand the distinctions between league, non-league, professional, amateur, senior, junior, all the rest of it. Ironically, it's the amateur clubs in the EoS that are best placed to keep playing, because they don't have the costs of paying players. 

32 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It's no accident that the level 4 stuff only runs to Dec 11:

Nicola S knows what the headlines are going to be when restrictions start to get lifted again just in time for the Christmas retail season.

Every single set of restrictions we've had since the first one back in March has been for three weeks at a time, and this one is too. I'm afraid you're hearing hooves and looking for zebras.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

Most of the players in EoS are classed as amateur - they receive no more than their expenses. Many clubs are entirely amateur.

We all know that folk outside our wee world don't understand the distinctions between league, non-league, professional, amateur, senior, junior, all the rest of it. Ironically, it's the amateur clubs in the EoS that are best placed to keep playing, because they don't have the costs of paying players. 

Every single set of restrictions we've had since the first one back in March has been for three weeks at a time, and this one is too. I'm afraid you're hearing hooves and looking for zebras.

Sturgeon admitted it was a vechichle to get places to level 2. With possibly a stay in  level 3

Just now, lithgierose said:

Players could still train. And fans can watch multiple games on TV. In saying that. I can't wait to get back into a game. But I will wait. 

Players could still train. So still being in contact with each other. We had the grade wanting a later start but were still playing friendlies. What's the point in that

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Players could still train. So still being in contact with each other. We had the grade wanting a later start but were still playing friendlies. What's the point in that

Sorry, I was meaning players can still train on their own. It would be classed as exercise to keep fit and mentally healthy. 

Just now, lithgierose said:

Sorry, I was meaning players can still train on their own. It would be classed as exercise to keep fit and mentally healthy. 

Noone is holding a gun to players heads to play. If players didnt want to play they wouldnt like your boys did. We havent lost anyone who didnt want to play because of covid 

10 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

A few tier 2 v tier 4 today let's hope the infection rate holds out. 🤦‍♂️

4 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

A few tier 2 v tier 4 today let's hope the infection rate holds out. 🤦‍♂️

I've yet to hear of anyone getting it from playing football. People crying about schools being open it isnt school transmitting it as its case here case their. If it was from schools their would be 30 kids testing positive and tbats not the case.

35 minutes ago, GordonS said:

...Every single set of restrictions we've had since the first one back in March has been for three weeks at a time, and this one is too. I'm afraid you're hearing hooves and looking for zebras.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/6305374/coronavirus-scotland-restrictions-end-three-weeks/

NICOLA Sturgeon has admitted to being "utterly scunnered and fed up" with new coronavirus restrictions - but confirmed that all areas WILL come out of Tier 4 in three weeks...

The key decision we'll have to make before then will be what level different areas go into.

"I believe level 4 will mean that overall these areas will spend less time in level 3 than they would if we had just left them.

"But whether they can leapfrog and go to level 2 we can't make that decision right now." ...