Tier 4 - Restrictions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-45876204

This is from october 2018 looking at the deaths in the records for the winter of 2017 long before COvid 19 was invented and before hysteria kicked off. I'm actually shocked at how many deaths their was in SCOTLAND. Yet we are too believe Covid is killing all these people. It certainly isn't helping. Its just something else killing people.

Edited by AlanCamelonfan

2 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I can’t see a scenario where the season isn’t at least postponed until fans can get back in.

I don’t want to see it cancelled, postponed would be a better idea. There’ll be no fans this season and surely no club can afford that?

I would be very surprised if they stop the season even a postponement. It only seems to be a minority shouting for it. WE've started the season we have got this far. At a lot of expense to some people to get things like dressing rooms sorted.

You have areas in tier 2 restrictions. Get through the next couple of months and fans should be back in

14 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Cancer referral's are down by 40%,both Gov's should hang there head in shame......

If politicians go completely gaga over COVID-19 because of what the 24/7 cable news cycle is obsessing over, there is inevitably going to be collateral damage elsewhere in public health terms. The people who think they have some sort of moral high ground when they argue that harsher lockdowns are needed to "save lives" should bear that sort of stat in mind, but everything gets dumbed down in terms of the public discourse on this subject and whether the EoS keeps playing takes on much greater importance in some people's minds than it really should have.

11 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I can’t see a scenario where the season isn’t at least postponed until fans can get back in.

I don’t want to see it cancelled, postponed would be a better idea. There’ll be no fans this season and surely no club can afford that?

Vaccines that are already in mass production in anticipation of approval and are being reported to have > 90% efficacy could start being administered to high risk groups as soon as two weeks from now. The number of new COVID-19 cases being identified through testing is already in decline in Scotland. I have no idea how you could reach that conclusion.

42 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I would be very surprised if they stop the season even a postponement. It only seems to be a minority shouting for it. WE've started the season we have got this far. At a lot of expense to some people to get things like dressing rooms sorted.

You have areas in tier 2 restrictions. Get through the next couple of months and fans should be back in

Just now there’s two but all the chat points to January being full lockdown for all. Do you seriously think it’s sensible to keep playing?

Totally get it’s a chance to get ahead as it’s the teams with the big fan bases that suffer the most here but surely you want to win when everyone is at full strength?

29 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If politicians go completely gaga over COVID-19 because of what the 24/7 cable news cycle is obsessing over, there is inevitably going to be collateral damage elsewhere in public health terms. The people who think they have some sort of moral high ground when they argue that harsher lockdowns are needed to "save lives" should bear that sort of stat in mind, but everything gets dumbed down in terms of the public discourse on this subject and whether the EoS keeps playing takes on much greater importance in some people's minds than it really should have.

Vaccines that are already in mass production in anticipation of approval and are being reported to have > 90% efficacy could start being administered to high risk groups as soon as two weeks from now. The number of new COVID-19 cases being identified through testing is already in decline in Scotland. I have no idea how you could reach that conclusion.

They’ll be produced and ready to go in December but they won’t be approved for use until later - possibly spring. This is the stage they produce them so they are ready to go but you can’t use them. Again most articles cite next winter for normality.

8 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Just now there’s two but all the chat points to January being full lockdown for all. Do you seriously think it’s sensible to keep playing?

Totally get it’s a chance to get ahead as it’s the teams with the big fan bases that suffer the most here but surely you want to win when everyone is at full strength?

I think its unlikely to be a full lockdown and Sturgeon has already said that would unlikely happen as people in areas that are behaving themselves are in tier 1. How likely are they going to be in Lockdown. Falkirk is only in tier 3 because of Stirling the fact we share a hospital with them and we are propping up Lanarkshire which is a shambles in itself considering their is quite a few hospitals in these areas and we have 1 hospital to do the 3 forth valley areas.

Probably one of the problems West Lothian has had is St Johns is too small for West lothian. Which is a shame its a good hospital I had to go there when I had an accident at work and the people there were very good looked after me well.

My reasoning behind keeping playing is to keep the world moving. Yes in life you may have to take baby steps back but what people are suggesting is to stop playign which is putting us back to where we were 6 months ago to me isn't right. Where I would say is with the looks of things with restrictions being lifted for xmas is I would look at cancelling the xmas games as that would be the time it could be more likely to pass due to people going to other peoples houses.

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

They’ll be produced and ready to go in December but they won’t be approved for use until later - possibly spring. This is the stage they produce them so they are ready to go but you can’t use them. Again most articles cite next winter for normality.

You need to read up on the latest info. They are already being mass produced because the companies involved are anticipating approval, first approvals are likely to be happening by early December with very rapid implementation thereafter.

https://news.stv.tv/scotland/health-staff-care-homes-and-over-80s-to-get-covid-vaccine-first?top

...More than one million people in Scotland could be vaccinated by the end of January, the health secretary Jeane Freeman told parliament on Thursday.

Everyone aged over 18 – around 4.4m people – will eventually be offered the protection from Covid-19, with rollout possibly starting from the first week of December if a vaccine is approved by then...

Rather than toing and froing between Linlithgow and the rest; wouldn't it be best to hold a ceasefire until tonight/tomorrow? By then we should, hopefully know what EoS & their teams have decided  whether this is to end season now, or let teams who want to quite do so, or the status quo?

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Conflating people's concerns with non-essential stuff like football with cancer treatment is such bullshit. You can be in favour of stricter measures on general life and better cancer care at the same time.

We're not in America, so I don't know what "cable news" has to do with anything. You think the Scottish Government give a shit about Sky News?

Obviously the EoS is small fry, but every individual thing you could mention is small fry. If outdoor contact sport is banned, and travel outside of council areas in tier 4 is banned for everything except essential travel, what's the special case for football at this level? And why would that special case not apply to a hundred other things? 

Conflating people's concerns with non-essential stuff like football with cancer treatment is such bullshit. You can be in favour of stricter measures on general life and better cancer care at the same time.
We're not in America, so I don't know what "cable news" has to do with anything. You think the Scottish Government give a shit about Sky News?
Obviously the EoS is small fry, but every individual thing you could mention is small fry. If outdoor contact sport is banned, and travel outside of council areas in tier 4 is banned for everything except essential travel, what's the special case for football at this level? And why would that special case not apply to a hundred other things? 
EoS is deemed as a professional sport which allows travel, irrespective of Tier.

However that application doesn't necessarily apply to committee at Tier 4, so travelling in or out would breach the rules.

Is there hope yet of financial help from the UK Government via the SP?

From the BBC web site:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54998979

Interesting to read that the UK Government has allocated  "a rescue package of £300m of emergency funding for sports impacted by the absence of spectators because of coronavirus."

A breakdown of funding distribution (preliminary figures):

Note: The final amount received by each sport/organisation may differ from the amounts set out when final decisions are made by an independent decision-making board, and supported by Sport England.

Football: £28m - National League (steps 1-2): £11m; National League (steps 3-6): £14m; Women's Football (Women's Super League and FA Women's Championship): £3m

AND:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/55004568

Scottish government seeks clarity on UK emergency sports funding

The Scottish government is seeking "urgent clarification" from its UK counterpart about the amount of funding available for sports.

The UK government is to provide £300m of loans and grants for sports in England impacted by the absence of fans because of Covid-19.

That money will mean an increase in cash for the devolved governments, who decide how to spend it. 

The Scottish government welcomed the announcement, but want more detail.

"This has been an enormously challenging time for the sport sector and we appreciate the sacrifices made by supporters, clubs and authorities over the past months to help us tackle the virus," a spokesperson said.

"We welcome the announcement of a UK government support scheme for sports impacted by the loss of spectators during the pandemic, and will seek urgent clarification on the Barnett consequential funding as a result in order to support the sector in Scotland."

The funding in England extends to rugby union and rugby league, as well as horse racing, women's football, motorsport, tennis, netball, basketball, ice hockey, badminton and greyhound racing.

Men's football above non-league level is not on the list, but it would be for the Scottish government to decide how to allocate the extra cash in Scotland.

The government added it "will continue to work with the [sport] sector to ensure their long-term sustainability".

They said: "Sport brings enjoyment to the many people who watch and play, and we don't want supporters to be delayed in returning to stadiums for any longer than is absolutely necessary."

45 minutes ago, Dev said:

Is there hope yet of financial help from the UK Government via the SP?

From the BBC web site:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54998979

Interesting to read that the UK Government has allocated  "a rescue package of £300m of emergency funding for sports impacted by the absence of spectators because of coronavirus."

A breakdown of funding distribution (preliminary figures):

Note: The final amount received by each sport/organisation may differ from the amounts set out when final decisions are made by an independent decision-making board, and supported by Sport England.

Football: £28m - National League (steps 1-2): £11m; National League (steps 3-6): £14m; Women's Football (Women's Super League and FA Women's Championship): £3m

AND:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/55004568

Scottish government seeks clarity on UK emergency sports funding

The Scottish government is seeking "urgent clarification" from its UK counterpart about the amount of funding available for sports.

The UK government is to provide £300m of loans and grants for sports in England impacted by the absence of fans because of Covid-19.

That money will mean an increase in cash for the devolved governments, who decide how to spend it. 

The Scottish government welcomed the announcement, but want more detail.

"This has been an enormously challenging time for the sport sector and we appreciate the sacrifices made by supporters, clubs and authorities over the past months to help us tackle the virus," a spokesperson said.

"We welcome the announcement of a UK government support scheme for sports impacted by the loss of spectators during the pandemic, and will seek urgent clarification on the Barnett consequential funding as a result in order to support the sector in Scotland."

The funding in England extends to rugby union and rugby league, as well as horse racing, women's football, motorsport, tennis, netball, basketball, ice hockey, badminton and greyhound racing.

Men's football above non-league level is not on the list, but it would be for the Scottish government to decide how to allocate the extra cash in Scotland.

The government added it "will continue to work with the [sport] sector to ensure their long-term sustainability".

They said: "Sport brings enjoyment to the many people who watch and play, and we don't want supporters to be delayed in returning to stadiums for any longer than is absolutely necessary."

It says in first article devolved nations are responsible for their own budgets 

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

EoS is deemed as a professional sport which allows travel, irrespective of Tier.

However that application doesn't necessarily apply to committee at Tier 4, so travelling in or out would breach the rules.

I have not read anywhere that there is a differentiation for committee/named essential staff in Tier 4 compared to what has been allow in Tier until now. 

Must have missed that. My understanding was that under the professional status standing of the teams it is as before. Happy to be corrected.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

You need to read up on the latest info. They are already being mass produced because the companies involved are anticipating approval, first approvals are likely to be happening by early December with very rapid implementation thereafter.

https://news.stv.tv/scotland/health-staff-care-homes-and-over-80s-to-get-covid-vaccine-first?top

...More than one million people in Scotland could be vaccinated by the end of January, the health secretary Jeane Freeman told parliament on Thursday.

Everyone aged over 18 – around 4.4m people – will eventually be offered the protection from Covid-19, with rollout possibly starting from the first week of December if a vaccine is approved by then...

I stand corrected. I hadn’t seen that! Fck football that is amazing news. We should all have a pint at the next game if this plan goes ahead.

Fingers crossed!