Tier 4 - Restrictions.

5 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Neither do you because you are too busy sitting in the house shitting yourself. 

There are reasonable points either way on what precautions are and aren't worth it. The fact you don't understand or respect this is what makes you a zoomer.

18 people in West Lothian have died following a positive Covid test in the past week alone. This is nearly 10% of the entire total for Scotland, though West Lothian only accounts for 3.35% of the Scottish population. These are deaths of West Lothian residents, it doesn't include people from outside West Lothian who have died at St John's. That takes the total for West Lothian since April to 127. The death toll next week will almost certainly be bigger.

My wife's cousin can't adequately look after her 3 children and is likely to lose her job because she has long Covid. A colleague of mine still can't breathe properly after getting Covid in March, before lockdown. Both of them are 40-50 years old, fit, a healthy weight and have no underlying health conditions.

You're too ignorant to understand that people are dying in large numbers, and many more are suffering long-term debilitating illness. Don't expect to be taken seriously by anyone other than a fellow zoomer. I think I've entertained your shit enough.

Edited by GordonS

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

My own personal opinion was that starting the season was absolutely the right thing to do, give it a chance and see how the Covid landscape looked 6-8 weeks down the line.

Well we're at that point, from my perspective it looks fairly bleak and perhaps a suspension whilst many areas remain at Level 3 and 4 would be sensible.

This looks the most sensible approach to me.

I had my doubts about starting the season but was happy to defer to those who knew all the details of finances, Covid precautions, player opinions, etc. Things looked fairly good in August and it was entirely possible at that stage that they might just continue to bubble under and be kept in control, and maybe get a few hundred fans in grounds before long.  We're now back in the heavy shit of Spring - though with much better treatments - and with a lockdown that they've said should be short it's definitely time for a rethink. The fact the UK government have extended furlough to the end of March speaks volumes too.

5 minutes ago, GordonS said:

There are reasonable points either way on what precautions are and aren't worth it. The fact you don't understand or respect this is what makes you a zoomer.

18 people in West Lothian have died following a positive Covid test in the past week alone. This is nearly 10% of the entire total for Scotland, though West Lothian only accounts for 3.35% of the Scottish population. These are deaths of West Lothian residents, it doesn't include people from outside West Lothian who have died at St John's. That takes the total for West Lothian since April to 127. The death toll next week will almost certainly be bigger.

My wife's cousin can't adequately look after her 3 children and is likely to lose her job because she has long Covid. A colleague of mine still can't breathe properly after getting Covid in March, before lockdown. Both of them are 40-50 years old, fit, a healthy weight and have no underlying health conditions.

You're too ignorant to understand that people are dying in large numbers, and many more are suffering long-term debilitating illness. Don't expect to be taken seriously by anyone other than a fellow zoomer. I think I've entertained your shit enough.

18 people they suspect have died of it. I'm sorry I don't believe all these people have died with covid. Many have but sadly I don't believe they have. I'm sorry for your relatives. My dad took ill 5 years ago from some virus that no sod knows what it is that left him struggling to walk after taking seizures  but we aren't locking counties down for that.

You just think I'm ignorant because I don't agree with you which is actually just as ignorant. We have locked ourselves away and it hasn't changed anythign we still have the virus. Even after we have a vaccine people will still die of it because its a virus that will still kill people. I could die walking down the street.

The Scottish Government are only having a lockdown in these places because of christmas where people will do what they want anyway, and because they are getting money from Westminster.

Even your beloved first minister doesn't want to instill harsher rules because of people in certain areas.

Stay safe but lets move ourselves forward not back

17 minutes ago, GordonS said:

You have to go back to May to find double digit deaths for Falkirk.. The other week we reported 8 deaths. 6 were the care home in Labert. So does that mean we all have to suffer because of another part of the country.

I didn't say cancel the season, I said suspend it whilst areas of the EoS are in Level 3 and 4.
Is it wrong that committee and players from a Level 3 and 4 area are allowed to travel into a Level 2 area despite restrictions on everyone else? Neither is there any prospect of fans or Govt help.  I'd love the game to continue, but it needs to be viewed objectively and responsibly.
Totally agree with your post.

Whilst personally not agreeing with the original decision. I did respect the decision and thought the reasoning provided by the EoS was first class.

Unfortunately things haven't worked out and it is only right and proper that the EoS take stock.

22 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Both to me should have said Conferences again at Tier 7 in 2021-22 so that Premier Division teams withdrawing only drop one level. Especially as both Premier Divisions were already artificially inflated by the compromise earlier this year.

Surely if a EOS Premier team pulls out now they would just drop down one level to the First Division next season as one of the relegated teams?

7 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Totally agree with your post.

Whilst personally not agreeing with the original decision. I did respect the decision and thought the reasoning provided by the EoS was first class.

Unfortunately things haven't worked out and it is only right and proper that the EoS take stock.

Because of west lothian?

9 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Surely if a EOS Premier team pulls out now they would just drop down one level to the First Division next season as one of the relegated teams?

Which in turn would see some Premier Division teams that play out the season saved from relegation. While some Conference teams that choose to see out the season would be relegated. 

Because of west lothian?
FFS , if you are Tier 3 you aren't supposed to travel outside your own area. So pretty irrelevant that West Lothian is a higher Tier than yourself in Belsdyke

By the end of this week people could be facing a fine for travelling outside a Tier 3 area.

7 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

FFS , if you are Tier 3 you aren't supposed to travel outside your own area. So pretty irrelevant that West Lothian is a higher Tier than yourself in Belsdyke

By the end of this week people could be facing a fine for travelling outside a Tier 3 area.

Ah but if you wear your Camelon Juniors tammy hat and pin-badge you're pretty much invincible. 

Is as good as a vaccine.

Gets you into care homes, social clubs, the gym - wherever you want, it's a free pass in the name of professional football.  You can't catch the COVID because it doesn't exist, and the polis just wave you though: no fines 👍

2 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Totally agree with your post...

...because Lithgae are on the fringes of a relegation battle with Blackburn perhaps not coincidentally looking like dead certs for it. If these two clubs were up with Tranent and LTHV chasing a playoff for promotion to the LL a very different tune would be being sung given a Pfizer vaccine appears to be just around the corner with 95% efficacy being claimed even for OAPs.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

34 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Yes but this league has an exemption. I'm sure you wouldnt be crying if your team was top of the league

24 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Ah but if you wear your Camelon Juniors tammy hat and pin-badge you're pretty much invincible. 

Is as good as a vaccine.

Gets you into care homes, social clubs, the gym - wherever you want, it's a free pass in the name of professional football.  You can't catch the COVID because it doesn't exist, and the polis just wave you though: no fines 👍

Gyms are still open here 

6 hours ago, Che Dail said:

In what way?  If you mean the decision to allow clubs to withdraw from the league without penalty then this, to me,  is showing leadership.  Listen to members, hear their financial and public health concerns, and act in the best interests of the League (and the country) collectively and individually.

That's what leaders are appointed to do on a board - to make the big decisions.  Not palming off responsibility onto a vote and going along with the smallest majority, to the detriment of  half of the membership, potentially forcing clubs to the wall.

This WoSFL mob are as bad as the tyrant and his minnions that ran the Juniors into the ground.

9 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Your arse it shows they are protecting the elite with their junior mentality. If the giants like talbot wanted to play but lugar and new mains were desperate to withdraw yous wouldnt be bothering your arse. Wosfl is a farce and the lot of them should have been left in the juniors outwith the pyramid except those who wanted to come.

Junior mentality? There was no bigger supporter of the junior side of the argument than you, until a change of personnel and direction forced you to either ditch or join them. Your junior principles disappeared sharpish when you realised you were out of step with your own club. Now your giving "professionalism" big licks as if it was your idea.

You detract from the argument you're trying to support with the aggressive name calling. Give it a rest and let people express an opinion either way.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Junior mentality? There was no bigger supporter of the junior side of the argument than you, until a change of personnel and direction forced you to either ditch or join them. Your junior principles disappeared sharpish when you realised you were out of step with your own club. Now your giving "professionalism" big licks as if it was your idea.

You detract from the argument your trying to support with the aggressive name calling. Give it a rest and let people express an opinion either way.

Because we didnt know any better. Fresh ideas showed the case and it was going to benefit us