Tier 4 - Restrictions.

9 minutes ago, Stoosh83 said:

I'm saying EOS should go summer football, so why not on the eos forum?

The point is, the EoS are probably at the forefront of change. Just look at the last 2 years.  So that's not an accusation you can level at them.

Summer football won't happen unless the whole game moves to summer football, unless you want them out-of-sync with the rest of the pyramid.  It's also not a very good idea.

14 hours ago, Burnieman said:

The point is, the EoS are probably at the forefront of change. Just look at the last 2 years.  So that's not an accusation you can level at them.

Summer football won't happen unless the whole game moves to summer football, unless you want them out-of-sync with the rest of the pyramid.  It's also not a very good idea.

Until the lowland league sort out how many teams they are willing to relegate (3 imo), then I've no sympathy for them not getting their playoff. Therefore all non league summer footy for me. Better weather, possibly better crowds and hopefully more consistent performances.

4 hours ago, Stoosh83 said:

Until the lowland league sort out how many teams they are willing to relegate (3 imo), then I've no sympathy for them not getting their playoff. Therefore all non league summer footy for me. Better weather, possibly better crowds and hopefully more consistent performances.

Sweden has (arguably) an even more hostile climate than Scotland, but they abandoned summer football in 1959. to be in line with the rest of the civilised world.

4 hours ago, Stoosh83 said:

I think that would only happen if u had enough licensed teams 

32 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Sweden has (arguably) an even more hostile climate than Scotland, but they abandoned summer football in 1959. to be in line with the rest of the civilised world.

Other way round. 

6 hours ago, Stoosh83 said:

Wait, you want non league football on a different season to the league? So the team being relegated would have to wait from May to April to play their next match? And the promoted side wouldn't have a game from October to July?

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

Wait, you want non league football on a different season to the league? So the team being relegated would have to wait from May to April to play their next match? And the promoted side wouldn't have a game from October to July?

I dont care about league football, the way their voting, money distribution, cancelling of relegation etc proves they ain't bothered about a pyramid they were probably pressured into. 

Non league should think about themselves, the same way the 11-1 spl voting structure proves they only think of themselves. If it were upto me the whole of Scottish football would be feb to November. Barring that xmas to feb shutdown with a june finish for all leagues. Anything but what we have now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/01/2021 at 22:19, Stoosh83 said:

I dont care about league football, the way their voting, money distribution, cancelling of relegation etc proves they ain't bothered about a pyramid they were probably pressured into. 

Non league should think about themselves, the same way the 11-1 spl voting structure proves they only think of themselves. If it were upto me the whole of Scottish football would be feb to November. Barring that xmas to feb shutdown with a june finish for all leagues. Anything but what we have now.

So the non-league clubs would be shut off from ever advancing to the SPFL, and participation in the Scottish Cup would be difficult, if not impossible.

Why not go the whole hog and call the non-league clubs "Junior" to avoid any confusion?

On 10/02/2021 at 17:34, Stag Nation said:

So the non-league clubs would be shut off from ever advancing to the SPFL, and participation in the Scottish Cup would be difficult, if not impossible.

Why not go the whole hog and call the non-league clubs "Junior" to avoid any confusion?

I'm all for ambitious non league clubs aiming for the high level possible,  but it's been proven that it's very difficult to get to the spfl. Also not very financially rewarding. As for the scottish, why cant they still compete? It's not like their are many non league are in the cup after November, if they are it would be financially rewarding, meaning they could easily support the finances required to play any game after the end of a season.

18 minutes ago, Stoosh83 said:

I'm all for ambitious non league clubs aiming for the high level possible,  but it's been proven that it's very difficult to get to the spfl. Also not very financially rewarding. As for the scottish, why cant they still compete? It's not like their are many non league are in the cup after November, if they are it would be financially rewarding, meaning they could easily support the finances required to play any game after the end of a season.

2/5 Playoffs won by the Tier 5 champion. Might well have improved on those odds if it hadn't been for a pandemic.

As for not being very financially rewarding, i'm sure Edinburgh City and Cove Rangers would disagree.

Football is back in England by the end of March.

The first figures announced for the effect of the vaccines on covid are the Scottish ones and, as the SG often gives the impression of wanting to be different in order to justify itself (my view - others will differ!), the timescale for the return of organised outdoor activities will be different - whether earlier or later or whatever - who knows yet!

Hopefully common sense will prevail and football comes back even if subject to the previous protocols for a while.

10 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

^^^

https://www.bbc.com/sport/56151863

It would be nonsensical not to allow low risk outdoor activities that were following appropriate protocols to resume at this point but as you say Nicola and co always need to find a way to be different from Boris and co.

"Sorry Eyemouth and Luncarty but Celtic and Rangers have annoyed me so no football for you.

And just for extra seethe I'm letting crowds back into the rugby..."

So my initial impression is that we won't come out of any significant lockdown until end of April. Non contact kids sport will return but adult contact sport seems f**ked until at least then. Anyone else got anymore detail or a different take?

If it is nothing before end of April, season is done.

19 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

So my initial impression is that we won't come out of any significant lockdown until end of April. Non contact kids sport will return but adult contact sport seems f**ked until at least then. Anyone else got anymore detail or a different take?

If it is nothing before end of April, season is done.

That’s basically what I seen aswell no Adult contact sports until at least end of April so basically season over