Tier 4 - Restrictions.

47 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Good article - and written by a former 'semi-pro' player who knows the game very well at this level. 

A lot of what he's written echoes some of the submissions made on this thread last year, whilst all the giddy Scottish Cup anticipation was clouding others' judgement.

2 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Good article - and written by a former 'semi-pro' player who knows the game very well at this level. 

A lot of what he's written echoes some of the submissions made on this thread last year, whilst all the giddy Scottish Cup anticipation was clouding others' judgement.

I think we were absolutely right to start the season when we did and infections were low. 

What's wrong is there has been no formal review conducted by the leagues over how it's been going and clubs opinions surveyed 6-8 weeks into the season, and also what's wrong IMO - as per the article - is continuing whilst we're all under a stay at home order in what is described as a worse situation than last spring.

4 hours ago, junglehenry said:

Premier league players only tho.

Only 2 deaths under 44 in the UK from 'covid' I put ' around the because people can have covid and then die 28 days later in a car crash and thus they died from covid.

It has no grave danger to young people. Where is the flu?

This is such bullshit I doubt it's worth my time putting you right.

Are you interested in, y'know, reality?

11 hours ago, Passthebaw said:

Other than changes effecting schools & churches i see little change from Midnight on Monday. Footy still on, building sites still open, golf courses still open, coffee shops still doing take-aways, you can sell your house, buy a house, go change your tires........all non-essential in my opinion, so no great surprise EOSFL still on. 

This is a lockdown in name only. 

With vaccinations ramping up things should get better soon in terms of the hospitalisation and deaths numbers, so they weren't going to go mental on new restrictions. 10-19 year olds had the highest numbers in age cohort terms where the new variant in the London area was concerned in late November and early December which means transmission through schools was probably doing very bad things in R0 terms at that point, so there's a sensible reason why the SG took a politically unpopular step in that context this time rather than going after something like professional sport as a way to be seen to be doing something.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

59 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

With vaccinations ramping up things should get better soon in terms of the hospitalisation and deaths numbers, so they weren't going to go mental on new restrictions. 10-19 year olds had the highest numbers in age cohort terms where the new variant in the London area was concerned in late November and early December which means transmission through schools was probably doing very bad things in R0 terms at that point, so there's a sensible reason why the SG took a politically unpopular step in that context this time rather than going after something like professional sport as a way to be seen to be doing something.

Seriously, your "dont worry a vaccine is coming" line is becoming a bit ridiculous, you've been pushing it for months.  

As the Scottish Govt has already indicated, it will be early May before everyone in their priority list receives their first shot of the vaccine. So for this season, the vaccine is largely an irrelevance.

The question remains, during severe lockdown restrictions and in a situation described as worse than Mar-May when football was suspended, should we still be playing football when players are untested.

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

That's patently absurd and your real agenda on this is transparently obvious.

It's clearly not absurd, what is more absurd is your desperation to keep pushing this vaccine line which has little relevance to this season.

Your pathetic insistance my opinion has something to do with where my club is in the league just shows you up for what you are.

58 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

This is one of the enduring myths of the pandemic, that the public are opposed to the restrictions. They are very much not. In every poll about 70% either support the restrictions at the time or want them to be stronger. Around the same percentage were opposed to the Christmas five-day easing of restriction and said that they would not be taking advantage of it. In a poll conducted by YouGov on Tuesday, 85% said they support the new UK government restrictions (62% strongly support), and 77% said they should have been introduced sooner. In a poll on Monday 62% said it was the wrong decision to re-open Primary schools in England, with 22% saying it was the right decision.

This has nothing to do with football, of course, except that my instinct is that fans of lower and non-league clubs mostly want at least a pause for January.

6 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

That's patently absurd and your real agenda on this is transparently obvious.

Can you explain it to me please, because I don't see it at all.

What Burnieman is saying about the vaccine is the same as what the people administering it are saying. Do they have a radical pro-Blackburn Utd agenda too?

Season should be finished no matter what, with relegation and promotion. 

If it is necessary to pause because of covid, that is fine. But that should not stop the season from eventually being finished, even if it means next season starting late.

...games off but presumably still training twice a week and on days where games are postponed - so the activity has continued right through regardless...

I know a lot of the Fife clubs are struggling to get training because all sports leisure trust and Fife council facilities are closed.

1 hour ago, Gerbill said:

Some clubs haven’t played a competitive game for weeks they are trying to get players some game time.

I acknowledged that at the beginning. It doesn't exactly change my mind on the issue. It's hard enough for me to justify games being played BCD in some leagues with nothing else to play for but a single champion. It's another for more BCD games being played simply for the sake of fitness.