Tier 4 - Restrictions.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks likely although I hope not as not sure it's the answer
There's no other option at the moment, and I'll be surprised if football gets away with it given we're back to where we were in March, if not worse.

If you read the guidance issued on Scot gov site. Pro sport continues. So on we go
Pro sport should be based upon F/T clubs.

Anyone playing football alongside a F/T job is in my view Semi-Pro.

I appreciate there may be grey areas - such as P/T playing alongside F/T.

Public Health must come first.

13 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

If you read the guidance issued on Scot gov site. Pro sport continues. So on we go

Madness if true.  Given the events of the last week following our match, I'm no longer comfortable attending games and I know some of our players are questioning continuining given it's almost certainly is a case of on-field transmission.

I've been keeping an open mind since football restarted, but now I really think we should shut down for the rest of January. Sport at the level where players are not mixing in other workplaces and can be tested very regularly is one thing. Guys with jobs who aren't getting tested, travelling up and down the country and coming into close physical contact with guys from other areas is quite another.

41 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I've been keeping an open mind since football restarted, but now I really think we should shut down for the rest of January. Sport at the level where players are not mixing in other workplaces and can be tested very regularly is one thing. Guys with jobs who aren't getting tested, travelling up and down the country and coming into close physical contact with guys from other areas is quite another.

Probably should stop for january in my opinion including premiership. Then back to it in february including us

The SFA class tiers 1 to 5 as professional (there’s a professional game board) but seemed to extend the definition it to include lower tiers like EoS in October, thus allowing our level to play. After today, it makes no sense to continue playing below tiers 1 and 2 if you ask me

1 minute ago, Crossbar said:

The SFA class tiers 1 to 5 as professional (there’s a professional game board) but seemed to extend the definition it to include lower tiers like EoS in October, thus allowing our level to play. Madness to continue out with tiers 1 and 3 if you ask me

It was deemed the case because players sign professional contract. In reality there is no difference between stenhousemuir and camelon

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

Madness if true.  Given the events of the last week following our match, I'm no longer comfortable attending games and I know some of our players are questioning continuining given it's almost certainly is a case of on-field transmission.

That cause they are out the scottish. Highly doubtful that the 1 case you had came from football

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

That cause they are out the scottish. Highly doubtful that the 1 case you had came from football

Given the facts Alan, it almost certainly did.

I'm also concerned at the slap dash approach shown by some towards the protocols, along with other matters surrounding the process of handling reported cases of Covid at clubs.

I think a pause for as long as the lockdown lasts is a sensible and responsible move, then hopefully we get back to playing in February with a much improved situation.

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

Given the facts Alan, it almost certainly did.

I'm also concerned at the slap dash approach shown by some towards the protocols, along with other matters surrounding the process of handling reported cases of Covid at clubs.

I think a pause for as long as the lockdown lasts is a sensible and responsible move, then hopefully we get back to playing in February with a much improved situation.

I disagree with that if that was the case the scottish government wouldnt allow anything outdoors. I know of a customer in my shop husband stayed in the house and still got it. 

Being honest I think it is there but I think there is a serious flaw in the testing. I know of someone who tested positive but tested positive the next day. I know of someone who worked in forth valley hospital tested positive isolated as did her mother who kept testing negative. 

I think the key is too look at the testing process. Noone has ever suggested looking at that as we have a lot of false positives. To me the only people who properly have covid are the ones that get long term problems or breathing problems 

9 minutes ago, Crossbar said:

The SFA class tiers 1 to 5 as professional (there’s a professional game board) but seemed to extend the definition it to include lower tiers like EoS in October, thus allowing our level to play. After today, it makes no sense to continue playing below tiers 1 and 2 if you ask me

I don't think SG ever gave it this level of thought, and like most people they probably think "professional" means full time. Even if they've since learned otherwise then it's possibly not worth the hassle in trying to define it more precisely. Also, for some players the money they get from part-time football might be significant.

At EoS level there are a mix of amateur and professional clubs and contracts. I wonder if the Unis in the LL are actually professional - are the players getting paid more than their expenses?

There might be a case for tier 3 continuing, because there are a few full-time clubs in there, but below that there should be a pause. If a cluster of cases of the new variant gets traced back to a non-league game while the country is back on full lockdown, as is entirely possible, there's going to be fierce and legitimate criticism.

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I disagree with that if that was the case the scottish government wouldnt allow anything outdoors. I know of a customer in my shop husband stayed in the house and still got it. 

Being honest I think it is there but I think there is a serious flaw in the testing. I know of someone who tested positive but tested positive the next day. I know of someone who worked in forth valley hospital tested positive isolated as did her mother who kept testing negative. 

I think the key is too look at the testing process. Noone has ever suggested looking at that as we have a lot of false positives. To me the only people who properly have covid are the ones that get long term problems or breathing problems 

Not sure what any of that has to do with one of our players almost certainly contracting Covid on the pitch.