Tier 4 - Restrictions.

36 minutes ago, Malty Guy said:

So basically with a minimum of 4 going down, potentially 6 if all the planets align wrongly. We are going to see at least 6/7/8 clubs vote for the season to become void. And for belt & braces sake another 2 or 3 clubs likely to vote in a similar way.

Then we have the scenario where promotion is really between 2 clubs - TJFC/JS.

Why would the remainder of the clubs want to become involved? Where’s the benefit and what’s the risk?

Vote wise is pretty clear which way it’d go.

Why would there be a vote - it's already been agreed what will happen if less that 50% of games cant be played.  Null and Void.

On 18/11/2020 at 23:07, newcastle broon said:

There wasnt a pandemic when you were in "dire straits" though.

2 totally different scenarios. 

Carry on wi no fans,money coming in  etc yer "dire straits" comment might just come back to bite ye on the arse.

Clubs are and will be on the bones of their arse because of all this.

That imo is quite worrying stuff pandemic or no pandemic. 

Nostradamus Broon... what a difference a pandemic makes.

50 minutes ago, kleptomaniac said:

Why would there be a vote - it's already been agreed what will happen if less that 50% of games cant be played.  Null and Void.

That’s my point - any vote is surely pointless...

what about the first division that was meant to be in place for next season 

who decides who plays in that 

theres no easy answer. i dont think null and void is the solution though 

think the last case scenario should be we play everyone once then PPG   

46 minutes ago, football.fan said:

West of Scotland declared season null and void

That’s the way to go - clean break. End of story. Plan for new season. Perhaps the EoS board needs additional thinkers and  ambitious minded persons to assist

Edited by Malty Guy
Error

1 hour ago, Anychance said:

what about the first division that was meant to be in place for next season 

who decides who plays in that 

theres no easy answer. i dont think null and void is the solution though 

think the last case scenario should be we play everyone once then PPG   

Teams in the conferences will be playing to see what division they will be playing in next year as I am led to believe that there is an agreement for a first and second divisions ?

• 3 weeks later...

I see that BJ & Co are dishing out free LTF covid tests to anyone who wants one. Pity that the SG doesn't follow that example as it would save the season. However, there seems to be absolutely no chance of the SG helping out the organized outdoor activities which have harmed no-one!

5 hours ago, Dev said:

I see that BJ & Co are dishing out free LTF covid tests to anyone who wants one. Pity that the SG doesn't follow that example as it would save the season. However, there seems to be absolutely no chance of the SG helping out the organized outdoor activities which have harmed no-one!

NS announced today that everyone in scotland will also get 2 tests a week from friday.

Makes the restriction on the return of football being 17th of may a disgrace.   everyone takes a test and if its negative, on you go.

1 hour ago, oldandround said:

NS announced today that everyone in scotland will also get 2 tests a week from friday.

Makes the restriction on the return of football being 17th of may a disgrace.   everyone takes a test and if its negative, on you go.

Haven't seen that yet. 

Neither the PCR or the Lateral Flow tests are perfect but they're all we've got. Still if you look at the "Big Picture" they're better than nothing (some will argue otherwise).

Killie, on the Northern Caledonian League thread points out that the SFA/UEFA demand PCR tests. I don't know if that's correct but it's not appropriate whichever way you look at it. They are completely ignoring the science on this if they are insisting on the PCR test. The risk from organized outdoor activities - where contact is restricted - is minimal provided appropriate procedures are in placed and they are followed. Time for SFA and UEFA to recogise science and to get up to date with what's going on in the UK as opposed, sadly, to much of the rest of Europe.

...then he started peddling the entry for the West Lothian junior clubs in 2021-22 at tier 9 line only to do an abrupt U-turn to having a repeat of the tier 7 conferences format he had been so bitterly opposed to for 2020-21 when Blackburn's season got off to a sputtering start and active relegation didn't seem like such a good idea after all.

15 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...then he started peddling the entry for the West Lothian junior clubs in 2021-22 at tier 9 line only to do an abrupt U-turn to having a repeat of the tier 7 conferences format he had been so bitterly opposed to for 2020-21 when Blackburn's season got off to a sputtering start and active relegation didn't seem like such a good idea after all.

😂  Where on earth did you get that from?  It really isn't a good look chipping in with the troll just to try and discredit another member of this forum and to make you look good.  You're as bad as him, you really are losing the plot.

If the season is null and void then my opinion is that all new entrants should start at tier 8 to give those already in Tier 7 Conferences a fair run at the Premier promotion spots next season.  I've been fairly clear on that since it was suggested by a WoS board member on here a month or so ago as a valid option that they are exploring.   It's a good idea.

The only u-turn is in your head, dear me.......

Edited by Burnieman