Tier 4 - Restrictions.

30 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

However we need to be playing in April, not June. The WoS will null and void the league if there is no chance of full contact training by Easter, I would expect the EoS will broadly follow that timeline.

As soon as the WOS null and void the league (and assuming the SOS do the same) then surely the EOS has another two weeks to play with since there's no play-off.

As soon as the WOS null and void the league (and assuming the SOS do the same) then surely the EOS has another two weeks to play with since there's no play-off.
Possible I guess, but unless the SG shift their timetable nobody below the SPFL will be kicking a ball before May, and nobody will be kicking a ball unless they test.

Two lots of concessions required from SG.

Every team needs to play 50% of their games for PPG to take effect.

The most any team still needs to play to reach halfway is 7. At two games a week that is only four weeks. With three weeks for players to get fit to play that means we could resume training in the middle of May and still be finished for end of June.

Personally, having always been in favour of playing this year in order to maintain the integrity of the pyramid I am now at the stage where I would be quite happy to see the season null and void and concentrate on having a full season next year.

Personally, having always been in favour of playing this year in order to maintain the integrity of the pyramid I am now at the stage where I would be quite happy to see the season null and void and concentrate on having a full season next year.
There are still to many variables for this season to be completed.

At least there is growing confidence in next season going ahead in relative normality.

The most any team still needs to play to reach halfway is 7. At two games a week that is only four weeks. With three weeks for players to get fit to play that means we could resume training in the middle of May and still be finished for end of June.
Some teams have 8 or 9 to play but it may be irrelevant as stated by Burnieman as it would need the SG to allow games to continue without testing. It would also mean travel outwith boundaries, I think the seasons over unfortunately

1 hour ago, Auld duffer said:
5 hours ago, patriot1 said:

Some teams have 8 or 9 to play but it may be irrelevant as stated by Burnieman as it would need the SG to allow games to continue without testing. It would also mean travel outwith boundaries, I think the seasons over unfortunately

I bet a number/majority of clubs would simply not have the funds to test twice a week. Then there is issue of players not able move between local authority areas to train with rest of team mates. 

I agree that now is time to say that EoS league/conferences should go no further this season. Hopefully with all adults all (who want) getting at least one jab by July that the Government give us the go ahead to start season by middle to end August and pray that we get to finish the full league campaign in 21-22.

There's been talk of restrictions/levels changing to being based on health board areas instead of councils. Though if football is allowed to restart without PCR testing at LL/EOS level, then it would surely include an exemption for the people involved, like it was earlier in the season.

The possible dates announced a few weeks ago had the return to levels system on 26th April along with non-essential retail, pubs and restaurants opening, plus other indoor leisure activities. If all of those are reopening then presumably the rest of the pyramid can get playing again.

Contact sport allowed from 17th May at the earliest. Over 5 months since the last competitive game of the season. Got to imagine null and void may now be a big possibility as you’re going to need at least two weeks of contact training after such a break before even thinking about games. 

36 minutes ago, Dinsey said:

Contact sport allowed from 17th May at the earliest. Over 5 months since the last competitive game of the season. Got to imagine null and void may now be a big possibility as you’re going to need at least two weeks of contact training after such a break before even thinking about games. 

It would seem so unless they bring the professional/pyramid exemption back in the 6 weeks between under 18s and adults contact sport being allowed, which would be similar to level 3/4 in the Autumn. Lots of indoor things opening by the end of April but somehow low risk and regulated outdoor sport has to wait another three weeks after that...

Edited by Ginaro

We should maybe pitch for a slightly earlier start on the elite sport basis that we had done previously. We’re either elite sport or we’re not.   Even a few weeks at flo testing to get us started.  Clubs can’t put finance as an issue surely if it’s only a few weeks before we fall into line with the rest of contact sport participants. Without testing.  all clubs have received support monies throughout the year to help. 

if not then let’s just call it and start back earlier.  Get the crowds in for some summer games on a Saturday and midweek.

basically, just make a decision and that’s it.  It’s time for a decision either way now.

It's looking more and more like null and void its just too complicated to try and continue and to be honest the appetite is not there from players, supporters, committees, management etc. Time for the eosfl to call it and let's all plan with confidence for next season, hopefully with covid restrictions gone and crowds allowed back in

9 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

It would seem so unless they bring the professional/pyramid exemption back in the 6 weeks between under 18s and adults contact sport being allowed, which would be similar to level 3/4 in the Autumn. Lots of indoor things opening by the end of April but somehow low risk and regulated outdoor sport has to wait another three weeks after that...

As ever, it's not just a question of risk, it's risk-reward. Another x weeks of closures for retail and hospitality will mean y number of companies failing and z number of job losses, which are not issues for part-time and amateur sport. They're willing to live with a certain number of cases to mitigate the devastation to people's incomes but not for sports on which little to no jobs depend.

2 hours ago, Ginaro said:

This is verging on the ridiculous i.e. SG failing again.

Contact  football allowed from 17th May  with 2 weeks to prepare means a 5th June start to complete half the season and the points per game ratio.

Certain teams in the premier league won't want that and will be determined to have it null and void to ensure they evade the relegation battle.

i would imagine it would depend on how clubs will vote.

Contact  football allowed from 17th May  with 2 weeks to prepare means a 5th June start to complete half the season and the points per game ratio.
Certain teams in the premier league won't want that and will be determined to have it null and void to ensure they evade the relegation battle.
Null and void is the only option.

Football needs to be properly decided on a pitch over a full season - not in a committee room.

If people are hell bent on football again this season. Why not play a cup competition in June - would also be a pre pre season.

9 hours ago, Truthteller said:

So basically with a minimum of 4 going down, potentially 6 if all the planets align wrongly. We are going to see at least 6/7/8 clubs vote for the season to become void. And for belt & braces sake another 2 or 3 clubs likely to vote in a similar way.

Then we have the scenario where promotion is really between 2 clubs - TJFC/JS.

Why would the remainder of the clubs want to become involved? Where’s the benefit and what’s the risk?

Vote wise is pretty clear which way it’d go.