Tier 4 - Restrictions.

11 minutes ago, pollokfan1987 said:

That’s basically what I seen aswell no Adult contact sports until at least end of April so basically season over 

The EoS need an 8 week window from the start of training to get to the halfway point and then settle positions by PPG.  Play-offs need to be done by mid to end of June at the very latest.

So basically clubs need to be back in training by mid-April to have a chance.

We need to be done by end of June to enable promotion, but would clubs be interested in playing through the summer if promotion were off the table? If we're locked down until well into early summer then I think a lot of people - players, officials and fans - would enjoy a summer of evening football. Not the crazy season ends we had in the Juniors where you're playing 3 games a week, but something like a game every 5 days or so from mid June to the end of July. All the titles would get awarded, and so what if you can't get up to the LL.

Right now I'd give anything to be sitting on a grassy banking on a July evening with a pie, watching a proper competitive game of football.

Everyone wants the fitba back asap but IF the season is done, I think clubs would want to concentrate on a fresh start in July and prepare to admit fans rather that fannying around playing football in summer that didn't mean anything. 

Get the new season started as early as feasibly possible and concentrate on Saturday games rather than midweeks eg. mid/late June get the friendlies started and aim for  16th July league kick-off. Something like that, or dump friendlies and use the League Cup as pre-season in a group format from early July.

There are probably too many complications now to continue. If outdoor sport allowed from end of March as in England, we could maybe have achieved 50% completion but our FM decided to be different, its now becoming farcical. Time for clarity for everyone, just call it a day and let the clubs plan ahead for next season and as Burnieman says early start in July with crowds back and hopefully a full and uninterrupted season

I'm glad that over this pandemic there has been a different approach here than down south as Scotland is clearly handling the situation much better. Not that it's perfect here, but far better than the chaotic situation down south. Caution is necessary and as much as I want to see part-time football back up here, it's quite right that it's not a priority for the Scottish Government at this moment. I'd rather have us wait a bit longer than that the rules are relaxed too quickly and have to be tightened again later on.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

The EoS need an 8 week window from the start of training to get to the halfway point and then settle positions by PPG.  Play-offs need to be done by mid to end of June at the very latest.

So basically clubs need to be back in training by mid-April to have a chance.

Would be aswell continuing the season until done as we will probably end up back in lockdown. I was laughed out the building when I suggested that last yr at least we could have had a season done

or dump friendlies and use the League Cup as pre-season in a group format from early July.

The East of Scotland League Cup was traditionally played in sectional groups to please Borders clubs who couldn't get friendlies so Burnieman's idea is not a new one as far as the East of Scotland League is concerned 

(Edinburgh City and other teams like Spartans got fed up with sections and made the League Cup a straight knock out eventually)

Actually I used to like watching Dunbar and Tranent or Haddington kick lumps out of each other on a hot August night in the East Lothian section of the East Juniors League Cup. It used to get tasty!

45 minutes ago, Marten said:

I'm glad that over this pandemic there has been a different approach here than down south as Scotland is clearly handling the situation much better. Not that it's perfect here, but far better than the chaotic situation down south. Caution is necessary and as much as I want to see part-time football back up here, it's quite right that it's not a priority for the Scottish Government at this moment. I'd rather have us wait a bit longer than that the rules are relaxed too quickly and have to be tightened again later on.

The only results that matter.

Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 17.53.11.png

4 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

The East of Scotland League Cup was traditionally played in sectional groups to please Borders clubs who couldn't get friendlies so Burnieman's idea is not a new one as far as the East of Scotland League is concerned 

(Edinburgh City and other teams like Spartans got fed up with sections and made the League Cup a straight knock out eventually)

Actually I used to like watching Dunbar and Tranent or Haddington kick lumps out of each other on a hot August night in the East Lothian section of the East Juniors League Cup. It used to get tasty!

Null and void all football. Star again when safe. The usual suspect will be banging his Heid off the keyboard 😂

Everyone wants the fitba back asap but IF the season is done, I think clubs would want to concentrate on a fresh start in July and prepare to admit fans rather that fannying around playing football in summer that didn't mean anything. 

Get the new season started as early as feasibly possible and concentrate on Saturday games rather than midweeks eg. mid/late June get the friendlies started and aim for  16th July league kick-off. Something like that, or dump friendlies and use the League Cup as pre-season in a group format from early July.

Fairy nuff. As long as the opportunity of playing in the summer isn't missed. 

Would be aswell continuing the season until done as we will probably end up back in lockdown. I was laughed out the building when I suggested that last yr at least we could have had a season done
The EoS will declare null and void if they cannot reach the halfway point and conclude play-offs by late June. That was agreed last year.

Whilst Westminster is paying the bills and taking the chances. The Scottish Government are happy to sit on its erse and wait.

The budget next week may force the issue.

Football is finished for this season

1 minute ago, Auld Heid said:

Whilst Westminster is paying the bills and taking the chances. The Scottish Government are happy to sit on its erse and wait.

At least the SG isn't wasting tens of billions of £ on contracts that they give to companies purely because they're friends/donors of this corrupt UK government and then don't deliver. In the current situation I'm happy I don't live in England anymore as the situation is at least much better managed here than by that incompetent lot down south.

30 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Westminster is "paying the bills" because 1) we're a devolved part of the UK and that's how it's supposed to work and 2) the Scottish Government can't borrow or overspend. 

If you think anyone in the Scottish Government is sitting on their erse...

My take is that the stay at home message is to be rescinded 5 April, so training can begin then.

Games can resume anytime before 26 April, since they're looking at 26 April as being safe enough for reopening indoor stuff to the public and we all know the virus presents much less of a threat outdoors - therefore no problem with resuming the season before 26 April.

4 hours ago, Marten said:

At least the SG isn't wasting tens of billions of £ on contracts that they give to companies purely because they're friends/donors of this corrupt UK government and then don't deliver. In the current situation I'm happy I don't live in England anymore as the situation is at least much better managed here than by that incompetent lot down south.

Scottish government are sitting on money and not giving it out. English government are trying to get things moving while scottish government sit on their hands and wait on Westminster making  a mistake