Tier 4 - Restrictions.

Linlithgow are 6 points behind Tranent wi a game in hand and seem to be going along quite nicely this season which kinda fabricates it's only clubs at the bottom who dont want to continue. 

Correct.

Yesterday at the FM briefing, she showed both her lack of interest in football and surprise at some of the concessions afforded to football - especially at our level.

It was also quite clear, that only players and minimal possible number of support staff should be travelling to games. (Coaching staff / physio?).

Committee travelling by default will / could fail to meet essential travel criteria.

So now the subject has been raised - it won't take much for further restrictions to be introduced.

9 hours ago, PRICEY said:

This has to come from the government.If its left to the SFA or individual associations clubs will still flaunt the rules,I’d be willing to bet teams will still train.

Malapropism alert.

(flaunt = display ostentatiously;

flout = disregard)

27 minutes ago, Che Dail said:

Pedant alert.

(Pedant = a person who is excessively concerned with minor details and rules or with displaying academic learning)

I wouldn't call that one pedantic tbh, the words sound similar but have different meanings. When I make mistakes like that I want to know. 

20 hours ago, Che Dail said:

Pedant alert.

(Pedant = a person who is excessively concerned with minor details and rules or with displaying academic learning)

As Gordon S said the two words have totally different meanings - not a minor detail I'd have thought. Neither was my comment illustrating a rule nor did it display "academic" learning.

Pricey's comment gave me an image of clubs  displaying a copy of the Covid rules and saying, "Here are the Covid rules," not of them showing a disregard for said rules.

That'll be the leagues off until April at the earliest.

When they can get back to playing, finish off 20-21 with either

each team playing the opposition once (so Tranent have 5 games to play, Jeanfield 9 to play etc)and then call promotion and relegation from there or PPG the existing tables and settle the issues from that, the likes of IHS and Blackburn were already as good as down so its only going to have a limited impact

- makes sense compared to another year of null and void.

Ditch the cups.

Edited by Junior Pub League

3 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

That'll be the leagues off until April at the earliest.

When they can get back to playing, finish off 20-21 with each team playing the opposition once (so Tranent have 5 games to play, Jeanfield 9 to play etc)and then call promotion and relegation from there - makes sense compared to another year of null and void.

Ditch the cups.

If it goes to april then they might do that

13 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Crap. 
This  will no doubt put an end to the Lowland/Highland/League 2 playoff for another season. So much for a professional pyramid system.

I'd like to think they'll come up with something, just not the Colts + HL/LL sides expansion floated for the 5th/6th time in as many years.

15 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Crap. 
This  will no doubt put an end to the Lowland/Highland/League 2 playoff for another season. So much for a professional pyramid system.

I don't understand the complaint. What do you want them to do?

We *might* be off until April, or August, but we don't know and there's no value in jumping to hasty decisions. The number of cases in this second wave seems to have topped out in Scotland and is declining. If it declined at the same rate as it did in the first wave then we would be back down to a manageable number of cases within 2 months. We may be able to complete the leagues by June.

I hope no decisions are made about ending or cancelling the season before, at the earliest, the end of March. There's just no need.

As for those who say we shouldn't have started, we got 6 months of football and I'm grateful for that much.

No need to cancel the season.  There's no reason why we can't play into June if needs be, have a short close season without pre-season friendlies, and bang on into 21/22 with a couple of weeks break.

It may have an impact on play-offs though, they need to work on a contingency for that.

Edited by Burnieman

This decision was likely forced upon the SFA following their failure to act over Celtic in Dubai.

Not to mention all the non essential extra people attending away games who are breaching the essential travel rules.

FM made it clear last week when the Dalbeattie situation was raised at her briefing. That only players and essential backroom staff to travel.

At this level football isn't essential during a pandemic