Tier 4 - Restrictions.

The "crystal ball" thing is stupid. Infection levels fell to a very low level over the summer without any vaccine. We know for sure that, one way or another, in the not too distant future, they'll be reduced to those levels again. The fact that we can't predict when it will be with any confidence is no argument against suspending football until it is considerably safer than now.

25 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

But the Scottish Government haven’t said we should stop playing at this level.....

The Scottish Government haven't said we shouldn't kill our pets and eat them. This is not an invitation to do so.

6 minutes ago, GordonS said:

The Scottish Government haven't said we shouldn't kill our pets and eat them. This is not an invitation to do so.

Gordon. That is like if tell you to jump off the forth road bridge would you do it.... so my crystal ball is just the same your SG statement. 

I am not disagreeing with you on any of this. I have kept out of this discussion until tonight as it is a neverending story until a decision actually is made, either by SG ofSFA/EoS.

i came in tonight as I don’t think people back up their arguments. Maybe you don’t think I do?

Thing is, teams are still playing and there is still excitement with the likes of Tranent and Linlithgow management/players with their impending Scottish Cup ties. Both teams have had quotes in newspapers, so I see no evidence where your team, or indeed my team want to see the season end. No one has a noose being tightened as far as I am aware within clubs at our level?? 

On 06/01/2021 at 19:09, Che Dail said:

The fact that NHS hospitals are stretched to breaking point is also a problem.  What if a player breaks his leg during a game or a committee member crashes their car on the way to a game - they're not going to check into their nearest BUPA or Spire are they?   

Nairn v Broxburn for example: 2 West Lothian players overnight in a hospital in Inverness in December.   I just think it is wholly avoidable and unnecessary.

I agree - What harm would it do to stop for January and February until things ease up?

NHS hospitals are the same every year at this time. Stretched the same narrative for the last 10 years.

11 hours ago, GordonS said:

Folk saying we should play on until the government bans it - honestly, we're reaching the stage where I'd be embarrassed if they need to make legislation to stop football at this level. We shouldn't need told what to do, it should be obvious enough by now.

Scottish Government said yesterday that any decision to pause football will have to come from the leagues themselves or the SFA. No-one is forcing them to stay open.

I took this as a bit of a dig at the SFA as Scot gov seem to be a bit cheesed off that SFA seem happy to leave all the big bad decisions to them. And I agree.

Time for the SFA to stand up and make decisions (within Scot gov rules of course) about the sport they are supposed to be governing.

54 minutes ago, TheLad said:

Scottish Government said yesterday that any decision to pause football will have to come from the leagues themselves or the SFA. No-one is forcing them to stay open.

I took this as a bit of a dig at the SFA as Scot gov seem to be a bit cheesed off that SFA seem happy to leave all the big bad decisions to them. And I agree.

Time for the SFA to stand up and make decisions (within Scot gov rules of course) about the sport they are supposed to be governing.

...has Scot Gov released the £30million grant to the SFA yet?  Maybe they'll hold onto it a bit longer until it is shown they can act responsibly...

10 hours ago, the tin man said:

Sure Linlithgow fan widnt be sayin that if they where top emoji1787.png

Linlithgow are 6 points behind Tranent wi a game in hand and seem to be going along quite nicely this season which kinda fabricates it's only clubs at the bottom who dont want to continue. 

12 minutes ago, the tin man said:

Got a mate thats on leith committee he stated leith wanted to play on even tho peffermill is shut a think there next 3 games away from home

Why is Peffermill closed? 

Are there any other teams that can't get use of their "home" facilities ?

1 hour ago, TheLad said:

There are multiple rounds of the Scottish Cup to played between now and mid-February. The SFA are also going to be hosting and playing in the Euros so will want the domestic season finished on time for that.

They can't really afford to shut down financially until someone tell's them to do so. Because as it's only really the Premiership that tests, they'd have to shut down everything below it.

As I posted in the west forum......
I tested positive in November,I didn’t have a single symptom,in fact in the days leading up to being tested I must have been temperature checked easily fifty times.It still haunts me that I almost certainly passed it on to an elderly person who had to spend seven weeks seriously ill in hospital.Not once did I have a cough,temperature or discomfort of any kind.
To sum up the madness of it all,I have mate at Dunipace,originally from Denny,who travels through from Stirling for training and matches,but cant visit his mother who still lives in Denny.
Justify that
This has to come from the government.If its left to the SFA or individual associations clubs will still break the rules,I’d be willing to bet teams will still train.

12 hours ago, GordonS said:

I'm assuming that killing and eating pets is already covered under existing legislation

12 hours ago, junglehenry said:

NHS hospitals are the same every year at this time. Stretched the same narrative for the last 10 years.

We don't usually run at over 200% of our usual critical care capacity in the winter, mate.