Tier 4 - Restrictions.

3 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Not sure what any of that has to do with one of our players almost certainly contracting Covid on the pitch.

So the player wasnt near family wasnt at work.  Didnt go to supermarket. Didnt get mail through the door. Didnt touch his car door handle that someone could have touched on way past.

16 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I disagree with that if that was the case the scottish government wouldnt allow anything outdoors. I know of a customer in my shop husband stayed in the house and still got it. 

Being honest I think it is there but I think there is a serious flaw in the testing. I know of someone who tested positive but tested positive the next day. I know of someone who worked in forth valley hospital tested positive isolated as did her mother who kept testing negative. 

I think the key is too look at the testing process. Noone has ever suggested looking at that as we have a lot of false positives. To me the only people who properly have covid are the ones that get long term problems or breathing problems 

3lrdd0.gif

So the player wasnt near family wasnt at work.  Didnt go to supermarket. Didnt get mail through the door. Didnt touch his car door handle that someone could have touched on way past.
I'm hardly going to discuss it on here am I, and why are you even trying to argue against it when you have no idea as to the circumstances? Calm doon.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
14 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I'm hardly going to discuss it on here am I, and why are you even trying to argue against it when you have no idea as to the circumstances? Calm doon.

Because the science suggests its unlikely unless they were inside together or standing kissing each other 

Just now, Burnieman said:
2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:
Because the science suggests its unlikely unless they were inside together or standing kissing each other 

I never knew you were a scientist.

Never said I was but that's why they tell u to open windows and let airflow in because it helps blow it away. It's why you can meet outside

24 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

To me the only people who properly have covid are the ones that get long term problems or breathing problems 

Maybe to you, but not to the scientists, or indeed to anyone who listens to them.

Some people with Covid never show any symptoms (including most small children), but they are all highly infectious and need to be isolated.

7 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Never said I was but that's why they tell u to open windows and let airflow in because it helps blow it away. It's why you can meet outside

Excellent point given that the government has literally just restricted outdoor mixing from six to two people on the basis that it is contributing to infections. 

There's no credible basis for professional football to continue outside of the top tier - where you can establish a semi-effective bubble through regular PCR testing. There's no viable case for battering ahead with games for the remainder of January as the rest of society is getting punted in the house and no, 'watching ma team helps with mental health' isn't one either.

12 minutes ago, fanatic said:

The legal definition is "where the person is a professional sportsperson, or the coach of a professional sportsperson, coach, train or compete." There's presumably a typo in there, btw.

So that's anyone who is paid more than expenses.

If you were being strict about you should apply it only to professionals - it's hard to see a lawful excuse for the likes of Herriot Watt playing on, for instance.

20 minutes ago, virginton said:

Excellent point given that the government has literally just restricted outdoor mixing from six to two people on the basis that it is contributing to infections. 

There's no credible basis for professional football to continue outside of the top tier - where you can establish a semi-effective bubble through regular PCR testing. There's no viable case for battering ahead with games for the remainder of January as the rest of society is getting punted in the house and no, 'watching ma team helps with mental health' isn't one either.

I already said including premiership should stop for January 

It was deemed the case because players sign professional contract. In reality there is no difference between stenhousemuir and camelon

That is my point. Whether you sign a pro contact or not is irrelevant when the whole country is trying to stop people coming into contact with each other. By ‘interpreting´ professional in this way the SFA has allowed hundreds of matches to be played. If they had drawn the line at, say Prem and Championship only, far fewer players would be mixing. The Camelon-Stenhousemuir-pro contract thing is a complete red herring. This is a health crisis

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I'd written this in the Covid and EOS Clubs thread which was deleted

The point is that football contact is not like other normal outdoor contact. And here are a couple of quotes from reports you can find if you google fooball and Covid

Specific risk factors including the contact nature of football and travel demands can increase transmission of COVID-19

given the close proximity of participants and increased respiration rate due to the demands of exercise,[6] team sports pose a potential risk for human-to-human transmission.

Some are getting their professional fitba mixed up with elite fitba.

The  F. M. made comparisons with March 2020 and what is happening at present. Elite fitba didn't kick off for a further 3 months ( June

20) with protocols in place. Tiers 5,6, and 7 have some good teams playing there but are they elite?

To be honest I am finding it difficult to name a tier 1 team worthy of being called elite.

Gie it a by till the end of the month.It will no kill you.

13 minutes ago, happy said:

Some are getting their professional fitba mixed up with elite fitba.

The  F. M. made comparisons with March 2020 and what is happening at present. Elite fitba didn't kick off for a further 3 months ( June

20) with protocols in place. Tiers 5,6, and 7 have some good teams playing there but are they elite?

To be honest I am finding it difficult to name a tier 1 team worthy of being called elite.

Gie it a by till the end of the month.It will no kill you.

I agree to a point but you are just trying to justify the west decision

5 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Why was it deleted?

Don't know and we certainly never heard any answers to the questions. It's just a week ago and al of us with an interest in EoS football whether as players, coaches, committee, supporters or those on the fringes of bubbles directly involved. Here's what I had planned to write to kick off the thread which was subsequently deleted
__________________________________________________________________________________

I have some concerns about how clubs, East of Scotland and SFA are dealing with their responsibilities surrounding Covid precautions

Football has been given a privilege, extended to non League football, that allows football to continue during the pandemic. I know elsewhere some people have voiced concerns about that but FWIW my view is that it
has been a worthwhile compromise so long as football plays its part in keeping all involved as safe as practicable.

We all know that clubs have operated behind closed doors. Matches have gone ahead on the understanding that clubs follow certain protocols in terms of changing rooms, temperature checks and a strict record of all people involved in matches to aid Track and Trace should ever the need arise.

Well the need for Track and Trace has arisen.

Musselburgh hosted Blackburn Utd on Saturday 26 Dec. The match followed all the usual protocols and records taken. On Monday, Blackburn players and coaches were informed that they needed to self-isolate following one of the Musselburgh players testing positive. Blackburn cancelled training and followed the instruction.

I noticed a post here today that suggested that Musselburgh had had a training session at the Oriam on Monday.

Musselburgh were due to host Tranent in a league match today. That match was going ahead until a pitch inspection called the game off.

This raises a LOT of questions for me and I’m sure for everyone with an interest in EoS football.

When did the player have the test? If the test was undertaken prior to the match on Saturday do the protocols require a player to sit out until they have a negative test?

When were the Musselburgh players and coaches informed of the positive test? Were they informed immediately by the player or only when Track and Trace became involved? Were all the Musselburgh players and coaches contacted by T&T and told to self isolate? Did any players or coach ignore this instruction to train on Monday?

Were the EoS informed and when?
Did they make any decision on fixtures involving Musselburgh and Blackburn that are due to fall during the self isolation period (including a decision to “do nothing”)?

Were the SFA informed and what did they have any comments to make on any aspects of the process or footballing implications?

Following some early high profile breaches amongst some SPFL sides the SG issued football a “Yellow Card” regarding future breaches. I don’t see a problem if all involved had done exactly what everyone here would expect they should do. Players and coaches self isolate. Training sessions are postponed. Matches involving both clubs are postponed. After the requisite period both clubs resume and everyone moves on. However, if a club, league or even SFA have done anything that tries to cover up or undermine that process then we run a real risk of non-league football losing the privilege it has been granted, it could easily be seen as that serious.

I understand that
following Saturday’s match, a Blackburn player has now tested positive for Covid.

NB I am NOT involved with any club in any capacity but am at the outside edge of a bubble of a player affected by this.