Tier 4 - Restrictions.

...because Lithgae are on the fringes of a relegation battle with Blackburn perhaps not coincidentally looking like dead certs for it. If these two clubs were up with Tranent and LTHV chasing a playoff for promotion to the LL a very different tune would be being sung given a Pfizer vaccine appears to be just around the corner with 95% efficacy being claimed even for OAPs.
So Linlithgow aren't playing well. They have lost once. Not overly shabby missing half a team of regular starters due to injuries.

However the thread isn't about individual teams, that's for their particular threads.

It's about the impact that some areas moving to Tier 4 may have.

10 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

So Linlithgow aren't playing well. They have lost once. Not overly shabby missing half a team of regular starters due to injuries.

However the thread isn't about individual teams, that's for their particular threads.

It's about the impact that some areas moving to Tier 4 may have.

In life you have to keep moving forward. You want to set us back 6 months especially in areas that are moving forward.

22 minutes ago, GordonS said:

For the avoidance of any doubt, I'd happily see Linlithgow Rose relegated to the bottom tier of Scottish football if it saved lives.

This is obvious to anyone that isn't a cretin.

So those 18 people in west lothian died because linlithgow rose are playing football

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...because Lithgae are on the fringes of a relegation battle with Blackburn perhaps not coincidentally looking like dead certs for it. If these two clubs were up with Tranent and LTHV chasing a playoff for promotion to the LL a very different tune would be being sung given a Pfizer vaccine appears to be just around the corner with 95% efficacy being claimed even for OAPs.

Relegation battle? We aren’t playing great but we’ve lost one game. Behave yourself.

Dont really get all the hostility towards the Rose here. We’ve had to let players go and reduce their wages because of all this. You can all laugh at managing to get one over on us when we are weak but I’m not sure you’d be laughing if we went out the game.

When Camelon were in dire straights a few years back I had nothing but support and I’m pleased for Herdy and seeing you back competing. Rockets like Alan aren’t helping the cause here. You are actually enjoying seeing us playing 8 loan signings and struggling to pay our players? Strange perspective.

2 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Relegation battle? We aren’t playing great but we’ve lost one game. Behave yourself.

Dont really get all the hostility towards the Rose here. We’ve had to let players go and reduce their wages because of all this. You can all laugh at managing to get one over on us when we are weak but I’m not sure you’d be laughing if we went out the game.

When Camelon were in dire straights a few years back I had nothing but support and I’m pleased for Herdy and seeing you back competing. Rockets like Alan aren’t helping the cause here. You are actually enjoying seeing us playing 8 loan signings and struggling to pay our players? Strange perspective.

When we were in dire straights we werent saying stop the season. We didnt even withdraw from our league. We had ,£4 in the bank. We got on with it and pulled it out the bag and dragged ourselves out of it. It's the same as this situation.

To disagree with you here I take no delight in the Rose's current plight I just dont see it as a reason to cancel the season 

26 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

When we were in dire straights we werent saying stop the season. We didnt even withdraw from our league. 

To disagree with you here I take no delight in the Rose's current plight I just dont see it as a reason to cancel the season 

There wasnt a pandemic when you were in "dire straits" though.

2 totally different scenarios. 

Carry on wi no fans,money coming in  etc yer "dire straits" comment might just come back to bite ye on the arse.

Clubs are and will be on the bones of their arse because of all this.

That imo is quite worrying stuff pandemic or no pandemic. 

6 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

There wasnt a pandemic when you were in "dire straits" though.

2 totally different scenarios. 

Carry on wi no fans,money coming in  etc yer "dire straits" comment might just come back to bite ye on the arse.

Clubs are and will be on the bones of their arse because of all this.

That imo is quite worrying stuff pandemic or no pandemic. 

Imo I'm at work risking my life everytime someone licks their fingers handing me money or pulling it out their bra. 

Football is an outdoor sport in fresh air. Life needs to go on

5 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Imo I'm at work risking my life everytime someone licks their fingers handing me money or pulling it out their bra. 

Football is an outdoor sport in fresh air. Life needs to go on

Try saying that to the hundreds of nurses and healthcares up and doon the length and breadth of the country  that work in the Covid wards then Alan. 

Your posts are coming over a bit selfish......

Oh here he comes lol

10 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Try saying that to the hundreds of nurses and healthcares up and doon the length and breadth of the country  that work in the Covid wards then Alan. 

Your posts are coming over a bit selfish......

They are the same as us get on with it. I really dont get why people want to send the country back 6 months. That's why sturgeon is desperate to keep schools open. Even keeping construction and manufacturing going. 

It's time to keep moving forward not back

"Nurses working in Covid wards are the same as us' Interesting if incorrect point of view Alan.

They are the same as us get on with it. I really dont get why people want to send the country back 6 months. That's why sturgeon is desperate to keep schools open. Even keeping construction and manufacturing going. 
It's time to keep moving forward not back

15 minutes ago, John S said:

"Nurses working in Covid wards are the same as us' Interesting if incorrect point of view Alan.

Many nurses have actually said people working in places like retail are worse off  because they didnt sign up for that. Nurses signed up for it. 

I dont agree with that point but all I meant was they are in the same boat risking lives. Or are you one of these people who forgot the hardship shop workers faced during the initial part of the pandemic. 

19 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

They are the same as us get on with it. I really dont get why people want to send the country back 6 months. That's why sturgeon is desperate to keep schools open. Even keeping construction and manufacturing going....

....and as long as those things are opened up in the absence of effective vaccines there was always going to be a second wave after the drastic measure imposed earler in the year were eased because there is no herd immunity at this point and a new highly contagious virus is always going to result in an epidemic peak under those circumstances. Whether nonleague professional football has an exemption for closed door games or not is in no way pivotal in the larger scheme of things. The recent news on vaccines has been spectacularly good, so there is light at the end of the tunnel now and it definitely isn't an oncoming train. There is every reason to believe that crowds will be back well before the end of the season even with Nicola Sturgeon's track record of playing it very safe.

26 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Many nurses have actually said people working in places like retail are worse off  because they didnt sign up for that. Nurses signed up for it. 

I dont agree with that point but all I meant was they are in the same boat risking lives. Or are you one of these people who forgot the hardship shop workers faced during the initial part of the pandemic. 

There are many lucid arguments and valid points to be made on both sides, unfortunately you haven't made any of them.

12 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

money cant be that hard to find. i heard they had a bid accepted for a striker. if i was a player and seen my club buy players while i take a paycut i wouldnt be happy

I am well aware of the great work frontline workers have done during this crisis including shop workers. Your comment IMO is still wrong and does a disservice to nurses, healthcare workers and other carers who work day to day with vulnerable people.

By mid August over 620 NHS and social care workers in the UK had died with coronavirus. Given that they were all working adults then they obviously weren't elderly and must have been in reasonable health. It seems that they've suffered disproportionately because they've been exposed to heavier viral loads.

The fewer patients with coronavirus they need to see, the fewer of them die. And it's really not any more complicated than that.

45 minutes ago, GordonS said:

By mid August over 620 NHS and social care workers in the UK had died with coronavirus. Given that they were all working adults then they obviously weren't elderly and must have been in reasonable health. It seems that they've suffered disproportionately because they've been exposed to heavier viral loads.

The fewer patients with coronavirus they need to see, the fewer of them die. And it's really not any more complicated than that.

Do you just look for these figures and ignore everything else. Perfectly able bodied people died unexpectedly long before this pandemic and will afterwards

The problem i have is too much is being put down to covid now. It is there it is very real. But so is cancer so is the flu so is high blood pressure.