Tier 4 - Restrictions.

39 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

What impact does the movement from Tier 3 to Tier 4 have?

A very quick look on the Scottish Government guidelines suggests it would mean cancellation and can't see anything on SFA suggesting otherwise.

Can anyone clarify.

No it doesnt professional sport continues. Face it auld Heid lithgae still wont get there season cancelled 

16 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Hearing there is a meeting tomorrow night.

So clearly not as cut n dry as you think.

I don't think status is the issue as it was previously clarified and there's been nothing to suggest that has changed. This might be more about the desire to play while more severe restrictions are ongoing.

That's for teams who want to resign from what I heard. 
That could well be the case - which would be really sad.

Ultimately the clubs and EoS must do the right thing and that is paramount at this time - especially the health of players and clubs.

14 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

That could well be the case - which would be really sad.

Ultimately the clubs and EoS must do the right thing and that is paramount at this time - especially the health of players and clubs.

The right thing is to play on. Got a vaccine coming. Weve already started what's the point in stopping

7 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

Even the boy that found the vaccine has said things will get worse before they get better and there won’t be any impact from it until after next summer

I'm not aware of any game being off due to covid. We have had 2 f**k ups from track and trace with shire and dunipace. 

Get on with life. 

13 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

Even the boy that found the vaccine has said things will get worse before they get better and there won’t be any impact from it until after next summer

It is also only linlithgow Blackburn and broxburn from the premier and stirling uni in first division that's affected by tier 4.

4 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

It is also only linlithgow Blackburn and broxburn from the premier and stirling uni in first division that's affected by tier 4.

So u think its ok if they have to stop playing and the rest of the teams carry on?

If there are clubs looking to withdraw, there will still be enough left to keep the leagues going. You've then just got clubs looking to avoid punishment because of withdrawing. Hopefully the EoSFL avoid the same problems the WoSFL created for themselves when deciding the no promotion/relegation issue.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If there are clubs looking to withdraw, there will still be enough left to keep the leagues going. You've then just got clubs looking to avoid punishment because of withdrawing. Hopefully the EoSFL avoid the same problems the WoSFL created for themselves when deciding the no promotion/relegation issue.

If they withdraw they should go down. If my club withdrew I'd expect them to be at tier 7 next season

Just now, AlanCamelonfan said:

If they withdraw they should go down. If my club withdrew I'd expect them to be at tier 7 next season

With there being a surplus of Premier teams a couple withdrawing wouldn't cause much friction.

The plan going into the season though was for Premier-First-Second Divisions. There could then be a suggestion of another season of Conferences which might gain enough support considering how slight the vote on that went when asked in the middle of last season.