WOSFL in Tier 4

13 minutes ago, Juniorfootball123 said:

....... And here come the voices of the people that didn’t want the season to go ahead and now rather than disappear and take their negativity to some other forum or some where else they are determine to moan about it going ahead! 

I genuinely believe some people would get satisfaction with the season getting cancelled even though they are not involved either way! 

if you don't like difference of opinion it's probably you who needs to go elsewhere. 

There again you may be aware of loads of cases  brought about by the  outdoor sporting and leisure activities ....... Well, examples?
Interesting to see that in England the lower levels of football i.e. semi-pro and amateur have been allowed to play. There must have been many thousands of matches so far, some with attendances in the 100's so where are the examples?
In the circumstances how is this not targeting by SG?
Having said that SG is better than the Wales Government which has blocked all league football except for the "Anglos" and the top division, the Cymru Premier. I have read that the blocked clubs are up in arms about it (see Welsh Football Magazine).
I guess the SG and WG see lower levels of football (below SPFL and CP) as easy targets. Meanwhile covid soared away in both places, hardly different to parts of England. Figure it out for yourself.

Nothing been played in England during this current lockdown below the National League North or South.
All levels of football were operating prior to that although restrictions were in place where games were played to restricted crowd levels in Northumberland & Durham in Northern League games while games in the Northern Alliance and Wearside League’s were behind closed doors.

1 hour ago, Lobby Dossar said:

The government were conned into classing you as professional footballers.

Just out a matter of interest how many tier 4 areas do your players and coaching staff have to pass through to get to Darvel for a game ???

To class teams in the WoSFL as professional while the majority of society has to stay within their council areas is a joke of the highest order 

So if you are say, an electrician and you stay in Glasgow, but work in Edinburgh... As it's paid employment, are you allowed to go to work ?? 

Unnecessary travel causing a spike ? More like the schools, shops, pubs and work places id guess - along with people not wearing masks or distancing. Seemed strange to give professional status to something which clearly ISNT . Unless there's a boom in football related cases, just let em keep playing.Good luck to everyone North of the Border anyway. 

I am surprised that that West of Scotland get to keep playing .I do get why SPFL teams are playing to generate some sort of normality and football to watch .These teams get tested about 4 times a week 

Our League no one is tested and there will have  been  players who  have played 90 mins for their clubs   on a Saturday and tested positive during the following  week ....how the f**k does that work when you have been in close contact with 22 players as the games are not cancelled the next week 

Any one who has being contacted by Track and Trace after being tested positive  can tell them what ever they want and that's the  info they collate and then they  contact  the people in question

I know the  NHS protect app is different in regards to tracking movement s once tested positive  but I don't trust it myself but I am a bit of an old technophobe  

8 minutes ago, DanMan said:

So if you are say, an electrician and you stay in Glasgow, but work in Edinburgh... As it's paid employment, are you allowed to go to work ?? 

Yes if its work 

People living in a Level 4 council area will be banned from travelling outside of their area unless for essential purposes like work, education or childcare

Edited by holsten

9 minutes ago, holsten said:

Yes if its work 

People living in a Level 4 council area will be banned from travelling outside of their area unless for essential purposes like work, education or childcare

So if a player is getting paid, is it classed at work ??

4 minutes ago, DanMan said:

So if a player is getting paid, is it classed at work ??

Very few if any players will be getting paid under the current circumstances 

But don’t worry their still classed as professional and doing an essential job so they can fanny about all over the West of Scotland on a Saturday … … To buck with the rest of us 

Very few if any players will be getting paid under the current circumstances 
But don’t worry their still classed as professional and doing an essential job so they can fanny about all over the West of Scotland on a Saturday … … To buck with the rest of us 

I think you need to take your gripes up with the powers that be!! The WOSFL teams are only taking advantage of the status they have been given to them so you can hardly blame the players and clubs for taking advantage of this. You should be moaning to the SFA and Scottish Government with regards to the rules.

33 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Suppose we could just delay this season and if it carries on into next season post vaccine then fine. 

carrying on into next season  would probably be seen as reneging on the idea that there would be no punishment for those who sat this year out. 

3 minutes ago, Steelman said:

I think you need to take your gripes up with the powers that be!! The WOSFL teams are only taking advantage of the status they have been given to them so you can hardly blame the players and clubs for taking advantage of this. You should be moaning to the SFA and Scottish Government with regards to the rules.

No …… What I expect is for players and clubs to follow the guidelines that have been put in place.

No …… What I expect is for players and clubs to follow the guidelines that have been put in place.

So if the teams are classed as professional and that allows them to be exempt from the restrictions then technically they are not breaking any rules, so what is the problem?

51 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Unnecessary travel causing a spike ? More like the schools, shops, pubs and work places id guess - along with people not wearing masks or distancing. Seemed strange to give professional status to something which clearly ISNT . Unless there's a boom in football related cases, just let em keep playing.Good luck to everyone North of the Border anyway. 

Yes, it’s all of those things but there are travel restrictions in place for a reason, containment of the virus.

1 hour ago, holsten said:

I am surprised that that West of Scotland get to keep playing .I do get why SPFL teams are playing to generate some sort of normality and football to watch .These teams get tested about 4 times a week 

Our League no one is tested and there will have  been  players who  have played 90 mins for their clubs   on a Saturday and tested positive during the following  week ....how the f**k does that work when you have been in close contact with 22 players as the games are not cancelled the next week 

Any one who has being contacted by Track and Trace after being tested positive  can tell them what ever they want and that's the  info they collate and then they  contact  the people in question

I know the  NHS protect app is different in regards to tracking movement s once tested positive  but I don't trust it myself but I am a bit of an old technophobe  

Only the top division of the SPFL plus Hearts are being tested.

15 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

Millions of peoples Xmas ruined coz they are being forced off their work, while 48 guys go down the local park ( or travel across the country ) for a game of football coz they are "professional" Madness.....all while only 20 mourners are allowed to bury their loved ones.

Schools,colleges and Universities with thousands of pupils/students inside them with no masks or social distancing is more madness than that but for some reason they must stay open.