WOSFL in Tier 4

3 minutes ago, Mkennedy said:

I’m not sure, but I travel through more every day to work. 

You can’t have a pyramid structure that is aligned to the professional game and not classify the clubs within as professional. The players are paid a salary, they sign professional contracts. 

So if their on an amateur contract should they be playing ???? 

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

You need to make your mind up about it. Either WoSFL shouldn't be playing or amateurs are being punished. They are not commutative.

Unnecessary travel generally is causing the spike. Football teams travelling is part of that. The difference with the televised and international matches is that they are providing entertainment. WoSFL matches being played with subs and committee men watching and with no promotion or relegation is the very definition of unnecessary.

IMO the league are to be applauded for providing the opportunity to those who want to play but given these restrictions they really should take the common sense approach and at the very least have a hiatus in fixtures during this Level 4 restriction.

That would be the sensible thing to do and we could easily choose to do it ourselves and not be told to by the Scottish govt. It's only for 3 weeks at the end of the day (unless idiots continue to be idiots)

6 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Just out a matter of interest how many tier 4 areas do your players and coaching staff have to pass through to get to Darvel for a game ???

Guessing they're passing through in a car. In which case it doesn't really matter since it'll end up only being two areas that matter. The one they get in the car and the second where they get out.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Guessing they're passing through in a car. In which case it doesn't really matter since it'll end up only being two areas that matter. The one they get in the car and the second where they get out.

I only want to go and see my brother who stays 5 miles away … BUT that’s now illegal from Friday 

5 minutes ago, Mkennedy said:

Amateur clubs aren’t part of the pyramid 

Conferences A, B and C are not part of the pyramid this season as there is no promotion and are basically playing for fun and I’ll guarantee you close on 50% of the players in these teams will be amateurs.

How does that fit in with the professional argument ???

23 minutes ago, Dev said:

There again you may be aware of loads of cases  brought about by the  outdoor sporting and leisure activities ....... Well, examples?

Interesting to see that in England the lower levels of football i.e. semi-pro and amateur have been allowed to play. There must have been many thousands of matches so far, some with attendances in the 100's so where are the examples?

In the circumstances how is this not targeting by SG?

Having said that SG is better than the Wales Government which has blocked all league football except for the "Anglos" and the top division, the Cymru Premier. I have read that the blocked clubs are up in arms about it (see Welsh Football Magazine).

I guess the SG and WG see lower levels of football (below SPFL and CP) as easy targets. Meanwhile covid soared away in both places, hardly different to parts of England. Figure it out for yourself.

Targetting is the wrong word. The fact that they were allowed to play again points to that. Again, there are plenty of other businesses and organisations who have not been allowed to open their doors at all. 

And no, I don't have loads of examples. There have been games postponed though but who knows where the players caught the virus. Do you have evidence on the virus being caught in schools?

3 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Conferences A, B and C are not part of the pyramid this season as there is no promotion and are basically playing for fun and I’ll guarantee you close on 50% of the players in these teams will be amateurs.

Well they are part of the pyramid. same as kelty we’re last year and they didn’t get an opportunity to get promoted.

I bet you it’s now where near 50%, amateur contract give the club no protection from losing players. I bet the number of amateur contests are very low 

2 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

The professional sport exemption was for the WoSFL. Conference clubs are members of the WoSFL. Pyramid status doesn't factor into it. Professional status was also given to the Junior leagues and NCL who aren't in the pyramid.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The professional sport exemption was for the WoSFL. Conference clubs are members of the WoSFL. Pyramid status doesn't factor into it. Professional status was also given to the Junior leagues and NCL who aren't in the pyramid.

It was your man from Darvel that brought up the pyramid!!

My point was how can amateur players be allowed to play in the WoSFL but not in amateur leagues.   Oh I forgot they are somehow classed as professional in that league 

In your dreams 

6 minutes ago, Mkennedy said:

Well they are part of the pyramid. same as kelty we’re last year and they didn’t get an opportunity to get promoted.

I bet you it’s now where near 50%, amateur contract give the club no protection from losing players. I bet the number of amateur contests are very low 

Think you want to find out how the vast majority of clubs are run, cause by your comment you haven’t a clue 

6 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Think you want to find out how the vast majority of clubs are run, cause by your comment you haven’t a clue 

I know how they are run, and as I said there won’t be anywhere near that number of players on amateur contracts.

If there are 47 clubs in the conferences, with an average squad of 18 players = 846 players. You trying to tell me there are around 423 players on amateur contracts don’t talk nonsense 

It was pretty obvious in the days of retention who did and did not sign players on Professional registrations, and even then, some of those were Non Contract Professionals.

A significant range of SJFA clubs didn't have Professional players in any great number. Virtually everyone up north and most of the lower divisions in East and West.

SJFAEXLIST12-13.pdf

Edited by cmontheloknow

....... And here come the voices of the people that didn’t want the season to go ahead and now rather than disappear and take their negativity to some other forum or some where else they are determine to moan about it going ahead! 

I genuinely believe some people would get satisfaction with the season getting cancelled even though they are not involved either way! 

4 hours ago, Jurgenflopp said:

In pre season we saw amateur teams beating some teams at this level. 

amateur teams are being unfairly punished in this. 

I don’t see how teams in level 4 can travel to others areas and vice versa and this is classed as being ok. Players at this level do not get tested 

the season should have been scrapped long long ago and it has been poorly managed imo. 

“We saw amateur teams beating some teams at this level”

Deary me..... what an opening statement to your argument that was....

Suggestion: Let’s have a big round robin league throughout Scotland from Celtic/Rangers down to the pub leagues and the more games you win the more games you get to play, basically winner stays on?!

4 hours ago, Lobby Dossar said:

And what a joke that was !!!

The guy who managed to convince the government that the WoSFL be classed as professional should have been on Boris Johnson’s Brexit negotiating team and we would have had a deal months ago. 

It was a decision made to allow flexibility and let clubs decide.