Ayr United v Dundee

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

You're coming across as glass half empty, mate.

2-0 vs Dundee is a great outcome in anyone's book and 40 posts in the "Dee's next manager" thread since the final whistle confirms it.

You wont find many Dundee fans disagreeing with this

24 minutes ago, wuffster said:

I hope @itzdrk didn't confuse McPake with Mackay as during those highlights it's him that's moaning.

Our defending is horrific but the most embarrassing moment of those highlights is Ayr's keeper in the last 30 seconds of the vid. Fucking hell. 😂

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I hope @itzdrk didn't confuse McPake with Mackay as during those highlights it's him that's moaning.

Our defending is horrific but the most embarrassing moment of those highlights is Ayr's keeper in the last 30 seconds of the vid. Fucking hell. 😂

Nah, I could see McPake stomping about raging and shouting from my seat. 

Edited by itzdrk

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

When you chuck a 2 goal lead against Morton with 7 minutes to go, I am amazed the rest of the team didn't pile on top of him to kill more time today.

45 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You're coming across as glass half empty, mate.

2-0 vs Dundee is a great outcome in anyone's book and 40 posts in the "Dee's next manager" thread since the final whistle confirms it.

Dundee have conceded 12 goals in 5 games, they have won one league game all season. For a club the size of Dundee in the championship is new manager territory regardless of the opposition. 

Good to get the points in the bag against them, assuming they don't change manager in the next month,  it gives us the opportunity to open a gap.

Reckon he will do a runner in St Mirren's next relegation season like he always does? *
*If Div leaves the site up, that is. 

Think you’re getting me mixed up bud. Joined in 04 when we were in the second tier. Been up and down and back up since and still here.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's top quality EPL coaching! 🤣

2 hours ago, wuffster said:

Excellent highlights as always. Personal favourite when Sinisalo makes a great save and someone on the Dundee bench goes "Fucking Hell"

Just went through the whole game there on DeeTV since I barely watched any of the game live yesterday. For the most part we were utterly pedestrian, had control of the ball for a lot of the game and had plenty of opportunities to make something happen. While Ayr probably made it harder than they needed to, they never looked to be in any particular danger and every major Dundee chace was met by a very good save or block. We never look threatening, and rarely cause problems. Ayr caused more of their own problems than we did I think. Couple that with a defence that crumbles at the first sign of attacking intent and today's result was in the bag early on.

I know it's been said countless times already even just by me, but starting Osman Sow isn't any better than starting with 10 men. Idk if I've ever seen such a large lad shy away from so many headers, and even when he wins one there is zero attempt to direct it anywhere. McPake might've signed Adam, but I'll never forget that he let this waste of a number be a part of this team. Jakubiak, while not lighting the world on fire himself, was immediately more of a presence and could cause a bit of mischief, even while probably not being fully matchfit. His wee pass out to Byrne whose shot was so well saved by Sinisalo was great, and he can clearly be of use going forward once he's fully fit, particularly with Afolabi hopefully next week... oh wait, it's Hibs next week, I mean against Arbroath.

McGhee had a shocker on both goals and probably had one of his worst performances for us to date, and Ashcroft had some gruesome moments himself, his tackles half the time not doing anything. If any team has pace and a bit of accuracy, you can cut through our defence pretty much every time you utilise both. Probably could've subbed either off for Fontaine. He didn't get much time and yet conceded nearly immediately. Maybe he was deliberately letting his man run a yard in front of him to spring the offside trap, though I very much doubt that. Didn't do much wrong in his remaining time on the pitch I suppose.

Always hard to judge a keeper on his debut, but I'd say Legzdins was below average today. Not great positioning on the first goal, maybe a bit slow on the second despite the fact that a defender (probably Ashcroft) should've got a touch to it themselves. Byrne and Anderson probably the best players for us today, Marshall was fine too. Adam hot and cold once again, always looks like he's trying to do too much. Get him off the corners, he is honking at them. Gowser was Gowser, seemed maybe slightly below average for him today. Honestly thought Kerr was fine before coming off (sans his horrific crosses), and if Elliott could direct a header he could've had two or three goals, but he couldn't and didn't.

We move on to a 10-0 pumping from Hibs.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

McGhee had a shocker on both goals and probably had one of his worst performances for us to date,

Couldn't believe my eyes at Ayr's first.

He lets himself be manoeuvred to completely open up the bottom corner for a shot, then stands and watches the shot being taken. No challenge or anything. Really poor from the one player who is usually dependable and solid for us.

15 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Was it just me that thought we got pretty lucky today?

Looked very impressive in the early stages, with loads of energy and some lovely attacking moves.

But from the point we went 2 up we were really under pressure. A couple of phenomenol saves from the keeper, a couple of shocking misses, and a few scrambles that could've went anywhere.

We didn't look particularly comfortable until the end of the game, when dundee seemed to run out of steam.

A great 3 points, but I'm not entirely convinced.

Yes, agree with all of that - not sure how we managed not to concede a goal especially as Dundee created some clear cut chances. When you add in the corner count - Ayr United 0 Dundee 14 ffs - and against a team with Charlie Adam who can deliver some excellent set-piece crosses into the box, it doesn't seem possible that our net didn't bulge at some stage. Well done to our keeper with that one-handed 'fuckin hell' save in the second half - that was truly outstanding but he needs to do more work on dealing with crosses into the 6 yard box (and so do our 2 central defenders!). Like someone else on here, I'm not totally convinced that Luke McCowan's lovely finish should have been chalked off for offside. But, all in all, that's 3 points gained in unexpected circumstances (though Dundee were a much better team against us last season). Onwards to Lavvi   

Edited by Jazzar