Ayr United v Dundee

I'll take that, given I predicted 0-0. 

+ves:

Sinasalo had a worldie of a save and some other good ones. We kept a clean sheet. McCowan; Moffat & Smith up front was very good. Midfield 3 did well too.

Only negative was we sat way too deep in that second half. I get that the plan was to counter but it was uncomfortable to watch.

Also how many corners did Dundee have btw?

Much better performance and very happy for the Moff of course. My MotM was Micky Miller who kept fat boy Adam quiet for the most part. Sinnisalo was either a bombscare or a hero at times - pleased for him whatever.  Three points that I didn't for a minute think we'd get and you have to hand it to Mark Kerr for getting the formation and the tactics right.

PS. thought our first goal was very reminiscent of Stranraer's against us last week. Silly old fucking game.  

Edited by Jazzar

I'll take that, given I predicted 0-0. 
+ves:
Sinasalo had a worldie of a save and some other good ones. We kept a clean sheet. McCowan; Moffat & Smith up front was very good. Midfield 3 did well too.
Only negative was we sat way too deep in that second half. I get that the plan was to counter but it was uncomfortable to watch.
Also how many corners did Dundee have btw?

I think the gale that was blowing dictated that we defended so deep in the second half.

1 hour ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

The stream has been good today, just wish the cameras were a bit higher. 

Yes, fair play to them, they have improved each game and this was the best by some considerable distance. Although it was quite noisy at times - the main camera clearly does not do well in low light - the frame rate was much better for most of the game. The replays were well done and the switching between cameras was good. I don't think anyone will be asking for a refund this week.

I agree completely that a higher camera position would be the next thing to address - could our vice chairman not assist with a temporary raised platform? Could we not even bring in a couple of small cherry pickers given there is no crowd?

18 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Why would Strachan need to take the blame? 

Is he not involved in creating anfld growing the culture and overall standards on the pitch. Along with the buying and selling of players? Just a thought. 

Or is he just a Gary Locke type ambassador? 

He won't be there on the living wage either. But if he's immune to this ongoing sh!tshow then fair enough. 

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

Is he not involved in creating anfld growing the culture and overall standards on the pitch. Along with the buying and selling of players? Just a thought. 

Or is he just a Gary Locke type ambassador? 

He won't be there on the living wage either. But if he's immune to this ongoing sh!tshow then fair enough. 

He's basically just here to oversee the Youth Academy, and giving advice when asked to the management. He avoids blame because he's barely involved.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

He's basically just here to oversee the Youth Academy, and giving advice when asked to the management. He avoids blame because he's barely involved.

Fair enough. You'd think somebody who's managed (and played) at the highest level of the game would be more involved generally and not just when asked. 

23 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Fair enough. You'd think somebody who's managed (and played) at the highest level of the game would be more involved generally and not just when asked. 

If he wanted to be more involved surely he'd just get a managers job? 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

If he wanted to be more involved surely he'd just get a managers job? 

I meant more involved at Dens and for a club close to his heart. As an extension to your reply, does a Scottish Championship team need a Technical Director / Director of Football anyway? 

1 hour ago, rgreig said:

Yes, fair play to them, they have improved each game and this was the best by some considerable distance. Although it was quite noisy at times - the main camera clearly does not do well in low light - the frame rate was much better for most of the game. The replays were well done and the switching between cameras was good. I don't think anyone will be asking for a refund this week.

I agree completely that a higher camera position would be the next thing to address - could our vice chairman not assist with a temporary raised platform? Could we not even bring in a couple of small cherry pickers given there is no crowd?

Would need trained operators to use MEWPS, plus hiring isnt always cheap adhoc for one day with delivery/pick up charges.... just from my mild experience, although Dave Smith does have a construction company.....

Scaffold raised would be the best option I think, Ideally on the North Terrace but perhaps a hard wired internet connection the issue over there. Wee steps but the streams are getting there

Apart from that... How gid were Ayr today?

Edited by diege

14 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
22 minutes ago, itzdrk said:
Did the cameras pick up any of McPake's encouraging words to his players or the wee war of words he had with Mick McCardle? 

Square go?

Socially distanced of course.